The Real McCain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anitram

Blue Crack Addict
John McCain's temper is well documented. He's called opponents and colleagues "shitheads," "assholes" and in at least one case "a fucking jerk."

But a new book on the presumptive Republican nominee will air perhaps the most shocking angry exchange to date.

The Real McCain by Cliff Schecter, which will arrive in bookstores next month, reports an angry exchange between McCain and his wife that happened in full view of aides and reporters during a 1992 campaign stop. An advance copy of the book was obtained by RAW STORY.

Three reporters from Arizona, on the condition of anonymity, also let me in on another incident involving McCain's intemperateness. In his 1992 Senate bid, McCain was joined on the campaign trail by his wife, Cindy, as well as campaign aide Doug Cole and consultant Wes Gullett. At one point, Cindy playfully twirled McCain's hair and said, "You're getting a little thin up there." McCain's face reddened, and he responded, "At least I don't plaster on the makeup like a trollop, you cunt." McCain's excuse was that it had been a long day. If elected president of the United States, McCain would have many long days.

Rest is here.

What a pig. There is no man on this earth who would get away with saying such a thing to me.

:shocked: He called somebody a name!

That certainly isn't presidential at all, you know, like is lying under oath and having an affair. ..

This story happened 16 years ago. You guys are really starting to reach, here. Based on the fact that they are still together, and are a loving and caring family, this story is pointless.

2861U2 said:

That certainly isn't presidential at all, you know, like is lying under oath and having an affair...
This story happened 16 years ago. You guys are really starting to reach, here. Based on the fact that they are still together, and are a loving and caring family, this story is pointless.

If this is true, he called his wife a 'cunt' in public. That shows me has some anger issues...(and shouldn't go over well with the family values party)

This came directly from his mouth, last week you were attacking Obama for something that came out of someone else's mouth.

It's really not just this story, if you didn't notice, there's a whole book coming out.

Last edited:
anitram said:

Rest is here.

What a pig. There is no man on this earth who would get away with saying such a thing to me.

So you're just assuming the story is true?

A surprisingly unsceptical attitude for a lawyer to take.

We'll find out soon enough I'd imagine...it's likely only a question of time before he'll be asked about this publically.

Let's hope Kim Jong-il doesn't comment on his receding hairline or we'll have an Operation North-Korean Freedom on our hands. :lol:

anitram said:

Rest is here.

Martina-

It's sad he disrespected his wife.
This is weak, though-it's from 1992.

I expected better from you.

<>

Re: Re: The Real McCain

financeguy said:

So you're just assuming the story is true?

A surprisingly unsceptical attitude for a lawyer to take.

Given that he already commented on the story 16 years ago, I'm not really sure why you'd now think it's not true?

Diamond,

if you'd bothered the read the story you would see that it was not publicized in the Arizona papers back in 1992 because they did not wish to print something that may be very offensive. Therefore, it is only coming out now. But I suppose you feel there should be a statute of limitations on his crudeness.

I'll remember that next time you bring up things about the Clintons from roughly the same time period. :up:

2861U2 said:

That certainly isn't presidential at all, you know, like is lying under oath and having an affair. ..

i'll give you a hint.

"cunt" is to a woman as *blank* is to a black person.

and i guarantee you that if McCain has been heard using that particular racial epithet, it would be a bigger story.

however, i kind of don't care about all this. i have friends on the Hill, i know McCain is a gigantic asshole and media whore and that most of his image is a media fabrication.

and i don't think it matters all that much.

unless, of course, you're going to run a campaign on someone's greatest qualification for being president is a star-spangled life story, then little anecdotes like this are going to harm you.

The media has made him out to be some moderate maverick and it couldn't be farther from the truth. As Pat Buchanan said he's Dick Cheney on steriods.
10 things you should know about John McCain (but probably don't):

1. John McCain voted against establishing a national holiday in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Now he says his position has "evolved," yet he's continued to oppose key civil rights laws.1

2. According to Bloomberg News, McCain is more hawkish than Bush on Iraq, Russia and China. Conservative columnist Pat Buchanan says McCain "will make Cheney look like Gandhi."2

3. His reputation is built on his opposition to torture, but McCain voted against a bill to ban waterboarding, and then applauded President Bush for vetoing that ban.3

4. McCain opposes a woman's right to choose. He said, "I do not support Roe versus Wade. It should be overturned."4

5. The Children's Defense Fund rated McCain as the worst senator in Congress for children. He voted against the children's health care bill last year, then defended Bush's veto of the bill.5

6. He's one of the richest people in a Senate filled with millionaires. The Associated Press reports he and his wife own at least eight homes! Yet McCain says the solution to the housing crisis is for people facing foreclosure to get a "second job" and skip their vacations.6

7. Many of McCain's fellow Republican senators say he's too reckless to be commander in chief. One Republican senator said: "The thought of his being president sends a cold chill down my spine. He's erratic. He's hotheaded. He loses his temper and he worries me."7

8. McCain talks a lot about taking on special interests, but his campaign manager and top advisers are actually lobbyists. The government watchdog group Public Citizen says McCain has 59 lobbyists raising money for his campaign, more than any of the other presidential candidates.8

9. McCain has sought closer ties to the extreme religious right in recent years. The pastor McCain calls his "spiritual guide," Rod Parsley, believes America's founding mission is to destroy Islam, which he calls a "false religion." McCain sought the political support of right-wing preacher John Hagee, who believes Hurricane Katrina was God's punishment for gay rights and called the Catholic Church "the Antichrist" and a "false cult."9

10. He positions himself as pro-environment, but he scored a 0—yes, zero—from the League of Conservation Voters last year.10

anitram said:
Diamond,

if you'd bothered the read the story you would see that it was not publicized in the Arizona papers back in 1992 because they did not wish to print something that may be very offensive. Therefore, it is only coming out now. But I suppose you feel there should be a statute of limitations on his crudeness.

I'll remember that next time you bring up things about the Clintons from roughly the same time period. :up:

You don't think the Clintons squash stories on a daily basis far worse than this?

Comparing Bill Clinton to John McCain is like comparing Tony Soprano to Saint Peter.

Word.

<>

I've been called a c*nt before and got past it, however calling me a d*ckface took me a few moments longer.

:angry:

<>

Scarletwine said:

9. McCain has sought closer ties to the extreme religious right in recent years. The pastor McCain calls his "spiritual guide," Rod Parsley, believes America's founding mission is to destroy Islam, which he calls a "false religion." McCain sought the political support of right-wing preacher John Hagee, who believes Hurricane Katrina was God's punishment for gay rights and called the Catholic Church "the Antichrist" and a "false cult."9

funny-pictures-ceiling-cat-tells-kitten-to-kill.jpg

:yikes:

diamond said:
Comparing Bill Clinton to John McCain is like comparing Tony Soprano to Saint Peter.

It's not that the Clinton's don't squash stories like this, it's that you jump with glee at the chance to point out the Clinton's dirtier side, and yet seem to want to just gloss over McCain's. It looks just a wee bit hypocritical.

diamond said:
I've been called a c*nt before and got past it, however calling me a d*ckface took me a few moments longer.

<>

That's impossible. I have been reliably informed on FYM that, in the US, the 'c' word is exclusively used as a term of abuse directed at women.

Diemen said:

It's not that the Clinton's don't squash stories like this, it's that you jump with glee at the chance to point out the Clinton's dirtier side, and yet seem to want to just gloss over McCain's. It looks just a wee bit hypocritical.

Cuts both ways. Have you ever seen a liberal poster start a thread about the rape accusation made against Bill Clenis?

Diemen said:

big D-

Look up proportionality in the dictionary.

Clintons are synonymous with dirty, John McCain isn't.

<>

financeguy said:

That's impossible. I have been reliably informed on FYM that, in the US, the 'c' word is exclusively used as a term of abuse directed at women.

Some consider me a woman.

<>

diamond said:
Clintons are synonymous with dirty, John McCain isn't.

<>

Prior to his presidency Clinton was certainly not synonymous with dirty. It took 8 years in office with an opposing party focusing a huge amount of effort on tearing him down to get that. (not that some of the dirty reputation is undeserved)

It looks like the dirt is beginning to come out on McCain. Time will tell just how dirty he is/gets.

D-

Yep, and we're not worried.
The Clintons have lowered the bar so low, Mccain looks like a boy scout, and the Clintons thugs.

<>

Last edited:
financeguy said:

1. in the US, it is
2. consider your source

financeguy said:

It's been pointed out in the other thread that it's extremely unusual to be used against men in the US, which does in no way mean there are no exceptions.
Would be the same with the German equivalent, by the way.

Back
Top Bottom