The Principal Couldn't Take It Anymore

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
Well at least she didn't punch him or something like that, I suppose :slant:. Isn't that rather extreme-how can anyone take her seriously in that position again and respect her authority? I understand complete frustration and can sympathize (but part of that job is being able to cope with that), but to do something so disgusting and humiliating to a student, a 12 year old :| Where do you draw the line regarding letting the person keep his or her job as a teacher or principal?

TORONTO (Reuters) - A Toronto school principal who pleaded guilty to throwing human excrement at a 12-year-old boy may get her job back, officials said on Tuesday.

"It's quite possible she'll end up back in her old position," said Grant Bowers, a lawyer for the Toronto District School Board.

Maria Pantalone, 49, a sister of Toronto's deputy mayor, was granted an absolute discharge on assault charges Monday after a judge said she "had already suffered enough," according to court documents.

The charges stemmed from an incident on July 30, 2006, in which police said Pantalone threw feces at the boy, who was not one of her students, hitting him on the shoulder.

The circumstances of the assault cannot be described due to a court publication ban designed to protect the identity of the victim. The judge in the case, however, said they were unique.

"I couldn't take it anymore. It was total, total frustration," Pantalone testified, according to media reports.

She was suspended with pay from her position as an elementary school principal in August 2006.

In his ruling, the judge said Pantalone was "publicly embarrassed, if not humiliated. She has suffered more than most."

Pantalone is on alternate assignment at school board offices and has no contact with students, Bower said.

Once the school board completes its own investigation, she could return to her previous duties.

"The investigation won't take long," Bower said. "The fact that she admitted to the offense is certainly a factor."

A Toronto school board policy document details rules for the school at which Pantalone was principal that include the need to "show respect for yourself and others," and "keep hands, feet and objects to yourself."

I shouldn't admit to pondering the details of how she did it :shifty: I guess the students were some sort of "visitors", I don't know :huh:

According to the Toronto Star

Maria Pantalone, 49, was charged with two counts of assault - one against that child and one against another – but only admitted to one of the charges today.

“I couldn’t take it anymore,” she testified, in describing the provocative circumstances leading up to the incident last June 30.

But she agreed it wasn't in any way justified.

Pantalone, who is the sister of Toronto Deputy Mayor Joe Pantalone, was principal of Keele Street Junior Public School and Mountview Alternative, which collectively have 500 students and operate out of the same building near Keele St. and Humberside Ave.

Neither were students at her school.

Since being charged last summer, she has been suspended with pay and ordered to stay away from anyone under the age of 16, unless under supervision.

Both Crown prosecutor John Ball and defence lawyer Michael Caroline jointly recommended that she receive an absolute discharge, which will leave her without a criminal record, and enter into a peace bond not to have contact with the two children.

Caroline submitted some 20 letters of support for his client, including one signed by 19 staff members at her school.

This has been in the news for a couple of days now but they havent mentioned what caused this woman to throw crap at a student... The school is actually a couple of blocks away from me.

Was it her crap? I dunno.. :shrug:

The kid must have done something pretty bad to cause her to do that, you would think... :slant:

Principals throwing poo.

Fifth-graders having sex at school.

Keith Richards snorts his dad.

The headlines are crazy these days. :|

coemgen said:
Principals throwing poo.

Fifth-graders having sex at school.

Keith Richards snorts his dad.

The headlines are crazy these days. :|

is that because the world is crazier, or is it because it's much, much, much easier to hear about the craziness of the world thanks to Matt Drudge?

Actually I found this on Breitbart, but Drudge probably got it there too. I think the media picks up more on certain stories now, but I do think in some ways the world is crazier in terms of human behavior/mores. I had some strange teachers and a few strange deans/principals, but they never did anything even close to throwing poo :wink:

Even if the kid, um, relieved himself in the hallway or something-she didn't have to react like that. Of course the kid relieving himself like that, if that's what happened, is equally gross-but she is the adult and the one who is expected to be more adult and responsible.

Last edited:
Irvine511 said:

is that because the world is crazier, or is it because it's much, much, much easier to hear about the craziness of the world thanks to Matt Drudge?

Good point. Drudge, the internet and whatever.

Still, it's a crazy world. A teacher throwing poo. Fifth- and sixth-graders having sex at school — in front of students.

Sounds like the monkey exhibit at the zoo. (And that's just our school system. )

You know that old lesson

"Throw enough shit against the wall
and see what sticks."

Or something like that?

Perhaps the student just got in the way :shrug:

Last edited:
coemgen said:

He went into too much detail about the whole thing.

I tend to agree

i remember one of the early stones documentaries
he slid his finger across an ashtray and then put his finger on his tongue.

deep said:

I tend to agree

i remember one of the early stones documentaries
he slid his finger across an ashtray and then put his finger on his tongue.

Exactly. That's the thing about him snorting his father -- it's pure Keith Richards. It's shocking, but it's not.

The publicist comment is exactly that -- a publicist comment.

nah, I dont care what the hell a kid does to piss you off, you don't go around throwing SHIT--literally at someone. I dont care who you are.
Especially if you're supposed to be an influence on childrens lives? That is completely ridiculous that she's going to get her job back, and that they're saying she's suffered enough? Give me a break. Keep your hands off the kids and keep your bodily (or anyone elses for that matter) excretions off them too. If you fancy throwing your poop around, do it at home on your own time and dime.

Back
Top Bottom