The President that tells the truth!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deep

Blue Crack Addict
about the things that matters (and lied about personal behaviour, so what)

What matters?
article here

The things that governments can do that affect the quality of life on this planet.

1. climate change - has the power to fundamentally end the march of civilization as we know it

2. current global system - "works to aggravate rather than ameliorate inequality" between and within nations _ including in the United States, where he lamented the "growing concentration of wealth at the top," alongside stagnation for the middle classes and rising poverty.

3. irreconcilable religious and cultural differences in the world - are manifest most stunningly in headlines about terrorist actions but really go far beyond that." that."

We have Cheney and his neo-cons pouring gasoline on the fire that is burning on these first two issues.

If it takes electing Hillary to have Bill Clinton influencing policy than that is our best hope.

nbcrusader said:
Should those be the "top three" goals of government??

they are addressed in the article, did you read it?

but to answer,
that platform would not be electable.

An example of a President

that does not tell the truth?

President Bush's $15 billion effort to fight AIDS

or

pandering ?

Religious Groups Get Chunk of AIDS Money

By RITA BEAMISH, Associated Press Writer 1 hour, 45 minutes ago

President Bush's $15 billion effort to fight
AIDS has handed out nearly one-quarter of its grants to religious groups, and officials are aggressively pursuing new church partners that often emphasize disease prevention through abstinence and fidelity over condom use.

Award recipients include a Christian relief organization famous for its televised appeals to feed hungry children, a well-known Catholic charity and a group run by the son of evangelist Billy Graham, according to the State Department.

The outreach to nontraditional AIDS players comes in the midst of a debate over how best to prevent the spread of
HIV, the virus that causes AIDS. The debate has activated groups on both ends of the political spectrum and created a vast competition for money.

Conservative Christian allies of the president are pressing the U.S. foreign aid agency to give fewer dollars to groups that distribute condoms or work with prostitutes. The Bush administration provided more than 560 million condoms abroad last year, compared with some 350 million in 2001.

Secular organizations in Africa are raising concerns that new money to groups without AIDS experience may dilute the impact of Bush's historic three-year-old program.

"We clearly recognize that it is very important to work with faith-based organizations," said Dan Mullins, deputy regional director for southern and western Africa for CARE, one of the best-known humanitarian organizations.

"But at the same time we don't want to fall into the trap of assuming faith-based groups are good at everything," Mullins said.

So "Conservative Christians" don't want the money going to groups that "work with prostitues"...surprise surprise. These people are not only dangerous hypocrites and false prophets but are so far away from the teachings of Jesus Christ that it actually makes me scared for them.

deep said:
An example of a President

that does not tell the truth

President Bush's $15 billion effort to fight AIDS

Why not just give the 15 Billion to Haliburton, Cheney or one of Jack Abramoff 's clients and say it is for AIDS.

deep said:
about the things that matters (and lied about personal behaviour, so what)

What matters?
article here

The things that governments can do that affect the quality of life on this planet.

1. climate change - has the power to fundamentally end the march of civilization as we know it

British Prime Minister Tony Blair said it was clear that "the risks of climate change may well be greater than we thought."

"It is now plain that the emission of greenhouse gases, associated with industrialization and economic growth from a world population that has increased six-fold in 200 years, is causing global warming at a rate that is unsustainable," he wrote.

Over the next century, global warming is expected to raise ocean levels, intensify storms, spread disease to new areas and shift climate zones, possibly making farmlands drier and deserts wetter.

The UN-backed Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change says temperatures rose by about 0.6 degrees Celsius in the 20th century. Computer modelling predicts increases of between 1.4 and 5.8 C by the year 2100, depending on how much is done to limit greenhouse gas emissions.

Scientists have warned of climatic "tipping points" such as the Greenland and west Antarctic ice sheets melting and the Gulf Stream shutting down.

In the British report, the head of the British Antarctic Survey, Chris Rapley, warned that the huge west Antarctic ice sheet may be starting to disintegrate, an event that could raise sea levels by five metres.

Rapley said a previous Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change report playing down worries about the ice sheet's stability should be revised.

"The last IPCC report characterized Antarctica as a slumbering giant in terms of climate change," he wrote. "I would say it is now an awakened giant. There is real concern."

Blair's vow to put climate change at the centre of the international agenda during Britain's leadership of the G-8 and the European Union last year met with limited success.

He was unable to overcome the Bush administration's antipathy to the Kyoto climate-change accord — rejected by the U.S. government on the grounds it would damage the American economy.

i skimmed the article

i will conceed that Kerry, the politician, may not have backed Kyoto, there is a thing called "battleground states"

and I have already posted that these three issues are not the things that a party would build a platform on

but the 2000 GOP platform was "To restore honor and dignity to the Whitehouse"

once they got power,
that went right out the window.

deep,

You've repeatedly stated that the President has "lied".

Yet, the evidence you post shows no more than a differing opinion on how money should be spent.

Can we find honor and dignity in FYM?

nbcrusader said:
deep,

You've repeatedly stated that the President has "lied".

Can we find honor and dignity in FYM?

I reread this thread
and I stand by what I stated.

I wrote he lied. (once)

do you disagree?

hmm let me try and come up with a better top 3:

3. repealing the "death tax"

2. supporting a constitutional amendment to prevent any further ligealisation to legalize homosexual marriage.

1. start a war that was/is costing billions to wage while having no sustainable plan to pay for the inevitable deficit.

i think that could win, guys.

deep said:
i skimmed the article

i will conceed that Kerry, the politician, may not have backed Kyoto, there is a thing called "battleground states"

and I have already posted that these three issues are not the things that a party would build a platform on

But you specifically targeted Cheney and the neo-cons for the lack of action on this issue.

When it seems that Clinton himself had issues with it.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2001-06-12-kyoto.htm

Just sayin'.

deep said:
I reread this thread
and I stand by what I stated.

I wrote he lied. (once)

do you disagree?

A pattern and practice perhaps.

If there is a lie, discuss the lie.

If there is a disagreement on policy implimentation, discuss the policy.

Back
Top Bottom