The Power of ONE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamila

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I'm posting this link to the MOST EXCELLENT article that I have ever read about Bono and his deep commitment to Africa's Future here in FYM because I thought it was the most appropriate forum to post it.

http://www.atu2.com/news/article.src?ID=3568

I do not care if the writer is from another fansite or if she wrote for a local Portland newspaper - this article says it all! :yes:

Kelley accurately and succiently describes the depth of Bono's personal commitment and tireless public advocacy for Africa's People and Africa's Future. She has appropriately revealed her Love and Respect for this MOST AMAZING man by being inspired by his INTEGRITY, instead of just his fame and glamour;)

As I have previously described in this forum, my Love and commitment to Africa's Future began several years before I ever became a follower of U2 - my devotion to Africa's Future is independent of what Bono does.

But, because God decided to put into my favorite "Rock" star's Heart and Soul the same dedication to Africa's Future as I and many others around the world have, it has made our advocacy for Africa much easier and uplifting to have this simple and humble soul amongst our midst.:bow:

So, I submit this wonderful article for your reading. I hope that it will MOTIVATE you yo become a part of the larger movement to SAVE AFRICA'S FUTURE and help our favorite Rock star and most excellent human being I have ever had the privilege to meet, to help save the Future of millions of Africa's People.

Let's put our philosophical and personal differences aside and DO THE RIGHT THING! :applaud:

Thank you, Kelley, and THANK YOU, BONO.

I WILL FOLLOW....:bono: :love:

Liar Liar Liar!

Jamila you lead when it comes to interferencers on the issue, that was a complement by the way.

Here here!

If you haven't contacted (via letter, fax, email or phone SOMEHOW JUST DO IT) your head of state and representatives in Congress/Parliment/etc,

WHY NOT??

In the US, the "ask" right now is to support the Jubilee Act.

Excuses. :down:

You can, as always, find sample letters and contact information at Bono's Angels and jubileeusa.org. Please don't think twice about contacting me for questions or help. If you've already contacted them, consider doing so again. Nothing advocates for an issue like building a relationship with your rep's staffer. :up:

Anyway, thanks Jamila!

:angel:

SD

I agree with the no excuses....I just received a letter from my Congresswoman in response to my letter to her about the emergency in Africa. This was a personally written letter and I am pleased that she took the time to respond and tell me of her support. And you bet I'm going to see that she follows through...

The letter I wrote her took me ten minutes out of my whole day...ten minutes well spent.

Edited to add: I hope Bono's Angels is updated soon...I'm not on the list still :sad:

Hi Stars! :wave: I'm sure you'll be added right away. Did you give Queen Bee an email or PM? She's the webgoddess. :) A handful of folks need to be added, actually. I think we're over 100 now! :dance: :hyper:

SD

Jamilia - that was an excellent article! Thanks for posting it. :up:
I does make me sad that I missed hearing him speak in Boston in July. I was so close.

I was reading an economy magazine at the doctors office that 65% of our leaders are ready to do the right thing - but only 18% of the people are yelling. I wanted to have the article at hand as I say this - but couldn't find the magazine at the book store this afternoon.

Bottom line - we need to keep writing/e-mailing/calling - it will work! :)

Back
Top Bottom