the possibilty of turning desert into top soil

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
ive read a FICTION book, that talks about a miracle to happen in the future... the israelites technology to turn desert into beautiful farmland.

in anyones opinion, do you think this is possible? it would require GMO, without doubt, that is one thing i would see as certain.... which alone isnt a good thing.

so what are your thoughts? if i am not clear, tell me, and i will rephrase my question.

actually, i think i meant genetically modified organisms, sorry to confuse you...

now that i think about it, maybe gmo isnt the phrase im looking for...

but besides that, what do you think of question?

------------------
-deathbear

Well, it would require water, and that is one thing they are unfortunately in short supply quite often.

Of course, Israel is also on the forefront of desalination technology too, so it's anyone's guess...

Melon

------------------
?Confused by thoughts, we experience duality in life. Unencumbered by ideas, the enlightened see the one reality.? - Hui-neng (638-713)

no

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

Biblical people of Israel: Israelites
Modern people of Israel: Israelis

Melon

------------------
?Confused by thoughts, we experience duality in life. Unencumbered by ideas, the enlightened see the one reality.? - Hui-neng (638-713)

[This message has been edited by melon (edited 09-05-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom