The official YouTube debate thread...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
Tonight, 7pm, CNN...YouTubers send in their questions via video for the Democratic candidates.

This could get interesting. If I were a candidate I'd be scared to death, there's no telling what kind of questions will be put out there.

A friend of the family's was interviewed on CNN this morning because he's submitted a question that might get shown tonight, so we're hoping for him that it gets selected :up:

You gotta give it to CNN for being the first to think of this and go through with it.

Anyone else eagerly anticipating this? It's not going to be your typical debate...

No, I thought about it, probably should have, but didn't :shrug:

The Republican YouTube debate is Sept 17 or something like that...I guess to give people time to submit questions for that one.

:lol:

Dare I ask what you were up to? :sexywink:

As I said if I were a candidate I'd be scared to death...same goes for if I were a strategist. This isn't exactly a typical debate where you can prep the candidate with the usual questions. There will hopefully be a lot of curveballs that the candidates will have to deal with, and I'll be interested to see who shines tonight.

evilidea.gif
evillaugh.gif
plotting.gif

or better yet

3.gif

:wink:

U2democrat said:
:lol:

Dare I ask what you were up to? :sexywink:

As I said if I were a candidate I'd be scared to death...same goes for if I were a strategist. This isn't exactly a typical debate where you can prep the candidate with the usual questions. There will hopefully be a lot of curveballs that the candidates will have to deal with, and I'll be interested to see who shines tonight.

*pleadsthefifth*

:sexywink:

Curveballs :drool:

it was pretty good

they have too much class to tear each other apart

I was thinking the same thing

about Kucinich's wife being the best thing about him

Gravel

seems to be more libertarian

with that consumption tax replacing income tax talk

also, I liked Obama's video, music and all
I think he could really work hard to get the vote out, even if Hil gets the nom and he is not on the ticket.

Obama's video was fantastic. But he's made great commercials all along - very inspiring.

I actually liked all of them well enough, except Gravel who is really kind of eating up space and time. I'd vote for each of them over any Republican. That said, I think Hillary will be the nominee (unless Obama pulls off a miracle).

Hillary isn't my favourite, but she came across quite well. She is authoritative and well spoken. I also like that the Clintons would probably be willing to slit throats to get elected; there is something almost genuinely honest about that.

I am usually not a Hillary fan, but tonight she was excellent. I was very impressed. Gravel was soooo crazy, a little frightening at times lol.
Obama was excellent as well, but at this point I feel Hillary will get the nomination.

anitram said:
That said, I think Hillary will be the nominee (unless Obama pulls off a miracle).

Hillary isn't my favourite, but she came across quite well. She is authoritative and well spoken. I also like that the Clintons would probably be willing to slit throats to get elected; there is something almost genuinely honest about that.

i'm an Obama-boy, but i agree with this.

she has deftly come into her own over this past spring and summer, and truly comes off -- along with Biden, actually -- as the true global heavyweight, able to stare Putin and Iran in the face and not blink, and yet there's no swagger.

i do think she could do wonders for us diplomatically. it's difficult to underestimate how much the rest of the world loves Bill Clinton -- and i've heard this from even stridently anti-American Europeans -- and she's held in almost as high esteem.

i just dread another president that nearly half the electorate holds an irrational hatred.

i want to get past the baby boom and their "with us/against us" mentalities. let's turn the page.

I loved the one Gravel rant where they zoomed in on his face. He had the "Ron Artest about to fight the Palace at Auburn Hills" look in his eye the entire time. High comedy.

I liked Hillary better than usual and for the first time could imagine voting for her. :ohmy: I think she's really the most qualified.

Back
Top Bottom