The official kickoff to the 2008 Edwards for President Campaign!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
Now that election 2004 is over, let the campaign for 2008 begin! Starting here I am kicking off my support for John Edwards (weird, I can no longer say "senator" Edwards....). Go Johnny Go!

capt.bxk13011030800.kerry_bxk130.jpg

Uh....what about Hillary? Or Obama?

[ok he'll only be a senator for four years but one can hope]

Way to keep up the fight! :up:

If Edwards can build support in the South (he lost his own state), perhaps he would be the leading contender.

Obama needs a little more seasoning to take a run at the Presidency.

And for Hillary - will another liberal from the Northeast really be the DNC's best bet?

There's no way in hell that Hillary could win the Democratic nomination. She'd get nuked on Super Tuesday. Given a choice between Edwards and Hillary, I'd pick Edwards every time.

i'd like to see obama nominated (assuming he does well in the senate... ya never can tell with first timers, but i think he will)... at least it would be a nice change for the democratic party, who obviously need to bunker down and straighten themselves out because they just got swamped in this election. they even lost to jim bunning, who's so far gone that he actually said his opponent looked like one of saddam hussein's sons.

Last edited:
MASSIVE change is going to be happening (one hopes) in the democratic party. Obama is one very cool guy but I'm going to for Edwards - so headache - did you catch the Daily show last night? Stewart was having a good time with the Bunning issue

I think Edwards is creepy, and his costant thumbs up early this morning really bugged me. He also has a mouth that's shapedlike Donald Trump when he talks.

I guess it would be possible for Edwards to get the Dem. nomination in '08, but I doubt it for 2 reasons: A) He was only a 1 term senator, which isn't a whole lot of experience. B) Now that he's no longer in the Senate, he'll be out of the national spotlight. If he wants any chance he'll have to do something to remain active within the party.

Just my 2 cents.

Jesus, it's way too early to think about 2008. It's fun, though, and it gives me a light at the end of this long dark tunnel, even if I have to squint real hard to see it.

Having never been a huge fan of Edwards (sorry), and thinking that Hillary has a better chance of being elected Queen of Spain than US President, I'm at a loss. I think Obama is absolutely great, but he'll still be a bit green, and while I'm a tremendous Dean fan, it's hard to see him as a possibility in 2008. Other than that, I see a huge field of very average politicians out there, no one real exciting. As a party, we're still a little ways away from where we need to be (which would have been true even if Kerry had won).

Just as interesting, to me, is who runs for the GOP. People saying "Jeb" really need to dream on.

pianorocker said:
I'm not a big fan of Edwards, mainly b/c of the trial lawyer background.

Same here. I liked him until the debates and then I thought he seemed kinda smarmy.

deep said:
thumpers will not nom a mod

I agree. There's no way a pro-choice, pro-gay rights New Yorker gets the GOP nomination in my lifetime (I'm 26).

Maybe a Bill Richardson nomination for the Dems? I might could go for that.

Back
Top Bottom