The Official "I Voted!" Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I voted. Only voted for one non-Republican and that was an independent.

Liesje said:
Going after work if I can make it there in time...

If you're intending to vote Republican, leave an hour early to make sure you get there in time.

However, if you're intending to vote Democrat, work some overtime instead - extra money is always a good thing. Or maybe just relax; have a nice dinner and a movie. :wink:

Last edited:
I voted at 8am

for both GOP and Dem canidates

I have been heavily involved in my City Council elections. I am glad it will be over, soon.

Our touch screens were not really "touch" but there was a wheel (like a phone dial) that moved a cursor up - down and around.
Confusing for many, easy to flip though a screen and not vote for some contests.

80sU2isBest said:

If you're intending to vote Republican, leave an hour early to make sure you get there in time.

However, if you're intending to vote Democrat, work some overtime instead - extra money is always a good thing. Or maybe just relax; have a nice dinner and a movie. :wink:

:lol: I'm going against my own principle this time and voting based on the issues (I'd rather be party-loyal b/c I don't like wishy-washy people). Actually, the only ones I really care about are our proposals and the candidates I know personally. Besides, I don't get overtime.

BonosSaint said:
Let us know how your friend did, Deep.

There are actually five contested seats on our 7 member City Council

I started a little group - web site here to help get some candidates elected.

Jack has an uphill fight, he is in a 4 - way race.

Voted, all Democrats-but most were unopposed or up against Green Party or some such candidates. If there had been a Republican that I could have supported I would have voted for one.

I voted. :drool:

But I'm not going out anymore so I took the sticker off. :(

Didn't vote for all democrats either. :ohmy: But then again, I'm not a democrat.

Edit: Haha, speaking of voting issues. I kept pushing the button for Katherine Harris' opponent Bill Nelson and it wouldn't work. I thought my machine was rigged. :angry:
Eventually (after like 4 tries) it changed.

Done and done! Was number 470 around 5:30pm. There's multiple precincts at the church I vote at, and the other line was out the door.

I generally voted democratic unless I there was a person I knew or there was all men and one women, then I chose my friends and the women :D. Most of the judges were unopposed anyway. I voted NO against a ban of affirmative action, YES for a dove hunting season, YES to make it harder for the gov't to seize private property, and YES for more money to adjust teachers' pensions for inflation.

Voted this morning....number twenty two in my precinct.

And I did not vote for a single major party candidate.

Voted against Santorum and wrote in a friend of mine for Governor (Don't like Rendell or Swann)

Back
Top Bottom