the non-campaign

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
Believe it or not there is a campaign here in Alabama that doesn't have me going :rant: :yell: :censored: Introducing the Boring Campaign From Hell, the 2003 Birmingham mayoral campaign. Yes, we are having mayoral elections. But because the Ten Commandments monument controversy and the governor's tax reform proposal have dominated the political headlines, no one is talking about the mayoral campaign. This election is taking place in October and there are fourteen candidates. No one seems to know who they are aside from a few people who have signs in their yards. They haven't excited any city employees, that's for damn sure. It's bizarre. A campaign with no media. You'd never know a mayoral campaign was going on.
This is crazy. The way this campaign is going the city will have to administer adrenaline injections to get this thing going.

I no longer live in Birmingham, but all I can say is that William Bell is not a good candidate. Whoever wins, it will only be a matter of months until the City Council decides that they do not wish to work with him/her.

~U2Alabama

I agree, the real problem with this campaign is that none of the candidates are worth a damn. No matter who I vote for I'm going to feel like I'm throwing away my vote. No one at work likes any of the candidates. Yuck. :mad: :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Back
Top Bottom