The most trusted NEWS source in America?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

diamond

ONE love, blood, life
Poll: Fox most trusted name in news - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

Fox is the most trusted television news network in the country, according to a new poll out Tuesday.

A Public Policy Polling nationwide survey of 1,151 registered voters Jan. 18-19 found that 49 percent of Americans trusted Fox News, 10 percentage points more than any other network.

Thirty-seven percent said they didn’t trust Fox, also the lowest level of distrust that any of the networks recorded.

There was a strong partisan split among those who said they trusted Fox — with 74 percent of Republicans saying they trusted the network, while only 30 percent of Democrats said they did.

CNN was the second-most-trusted network, getting the trust of 39 percent of those polled. Forty-one percent said they didn’t trust CNN.

Each of the three major networks was trusted by less than 40 percent of those surveyed, with NBC ranking highest at 35 percent. Forty-four percent said they did not trust NBC, which was combined with its sister cable station MSNBC.

Thirty-two percent of respondents said they trusted CBS, while 31 percent trusted ABC. Both CBS and ABC were not trusted by 46 percent of those polled.

“A generation ago you would have expected Americans to place their trust in the most neutral and unbiased conveyors of news,” said PPP President Dean Debnam in his analysis of the poll. “But the media landscape has really changed, and now they’re turning more toward the outlets that tell them what they want to hear.”

The telephone poll has a margin of error of plus or minus 2.8 percentage points.

PrintCommentEmailSub

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0110/32039.html#ixzz0drQXmIvn

thank u,

<>

Did the questions ask exactly what the respondents trusted each network to do?

I mean sure, I trust Fox -- to have an exceedingly strong right wing bias.

:shrug:

So 49% of less than 1200 American want news from someone who will tell them what they WANT to hear.

That's great :up:

Go America...

Most trusted news source
default.aspx

Hottest news babes
default.aspx

Its mere existence as the sole network that doesn't join in liberal groupthink drives the Far-Left bonkers
default.aspx

What's not to like?

also the lowest level of distrust that any of the networks recorded.

Fox news...polarizing....what a surprise :yawn:

I don't even take Fox News seriously enough to trust or distrust.

“A generation ago you would have expected Americans to place their trust in the most neutral and unbiased conveyors of news,” said PPP President Dean Debnam in his analysis of the poll. “But the media landscape has really changed, and now they’re turning more toward the outlets that tell them what they want to hear.”

<>

Sad. . .

Hottest news babes
default.aspx

Sadder still. . .

This is pretty unsurprising to me. With Fox news being the only major right-leaning channel, it's only natural for the half of America that is conservative to side with Fox. Other, more left-leaning Americans are split between other news sources.

In other news, the election of President Obama will directly result in large scale rape in five years, according to reporter Glenn Beck.

6a00d83451d69069e2012876340026970c-800wi

News.

foley.jpg

This isn't even an error, they were just hoping their audience would assume it was correct.
fnc-20090624-sanford_3.jpg

This too.

(Also news.)

(Fair and balanced.)

i called 5 of my Republican friends the other day and asked them if they like Obama. to my surprise, they all said "no"!

I called my 5 friends that are democrats and asked them if they liked Sarah Palin

and they all asked me to share my medical marijuana.

I find this hysterical. God, they've really got the wool over your eyes.

Fox certainly knows how to sell a product.

I skipped between CNN, MSNBC and FoxNews the night of Scott
Brown's election.

The propaganda from CNN and MSNBC was evident.

I find your comment hysterical if you can't see (or hear) who is really
pulling the wool here.

I am not defending FoxNews.
I am a libertarian and I think they ignore or misrepresent a lot of what I believe.

I skipped between CNN, MSNBC and FoxNews the night of Scott
Brown's election.

The propaganda from CNN and MSNBC was evident.

I find your comment hysterical if you can't see (or hear) who is really
pulling the wool here.

I am not defending FoxNews.
I am a libertarian and I think they ignore or misrepresent a lot of what I believe.
I agree that MSNBC is (almost) as bad as Fox News, but I find CNN very moderate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom