The most trusted NEWS source in America?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To all you Glenn Beck fans...

Two weeks ago I discovered, to my surprise, that I had line-edited an early draft of Glenn Beck’s new novel, “Agenda 21.” Glenn Beck! At the time I was working on it, the manuscript belonged to its actual author, a woman named Harriet Parke, who lives a few minutes from my aunt. But a year and a few lawyers later, Glenn Beck purchased the right to call himself its creator, and Ms. Parke agreed to be presented as a ghostwriter.
I would be proud to have my name in the acknowledgments of Ms. Parke’s novel. But given that it is printed inside a book bearing Glenn Beck’s name, the work I did is now deeply at odds with who I am as an editor. “Agenda 21″ is going out into the world on Tuesday, Nov. 20, as something decidedly different from the novel I edited. Yes, the story is the same. So are the concepts, the characters and the writing. But the name in the byline — that changes the book’s intent. It changes everything.

I got duped by Glenn Beck! - Salon.com

I know my parents will be first in line to get this book and they'll be preaching to me all of its contents. I'd love to email them this and other articles proving that his book is a farce, but they'll just brush me off as being brainwashed by liberal propaganda. They'll also do what they can to make "realize the truth". Oh, Thanksgiving will be so much fun!

Better Glenn Beck than Jack Van Impe, Pearl. That's what I have to deal with.

ETA-
or maybe not, maybe they are one and the same kind of thing.

So a propagandist has "stolen" a novel, twisted that novel and turned it into a story about how bike paths and environmental responsibility are the actual propaganda we need to fear because it will turn us into a "hunger games" society?

Man, this guy is good...

And yes, he has actually compared it to the Hunger Games and how we will be there shortly.

A Fox News interview ended rather abruptly on Monday after a guest took not one but two jabs at the network hosting him.
Co-anchor Jon Scott interviewed Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist and author Thomas Ricks, who has covered the military for decades, about his new book "The Generals." Scott asked Ricks weigh in on the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi and Sen. John McCain's criticisms of Amb. Susan Rice.

Thomas Ricks Accuses Fox News Of 'Operating As A Wing Of The Republican Party' (VIDEO)

I don't think this would be the last time a FOX guest will openly criticize the channel. And why was the interview ended so soon? They can't defend themselves?

ETA: Here's more to this. Apparently, FOX was completely aware that he's critical of FOX's coverage of Benghazi - and they cut him off anyway?

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.c...i-attack-is-given-a-quick-exit/?smid=tw-share

And the drama continues...

Ricks and Fox News are still feuding. Fox News' executive vp of news editorial Michael Clemente told the Hollywood Reporter that Ricks "apologized in our offices afterward but doesn’t have the strength of character to do that publicly."
Ricks denied an apology ever took place. In an email to the Hollywood Reporter, Ricks wrote, "Please ask Mr. Clemente what the words of my supposed apology were. I'd be interested to know," he said. "Frankly, I don't remember any such apology."

Tom Ricks Says He Didn't Apologize To Fox News For Testy Interview

FOX digging a hole for itself. Too funny.

It's an amazing stretch to blame Walmart? Isn't that one way in which they maximize their profits, by making products in substandard factories like this? Of course they're hardly the only company doing that. I read that there was Disney, Sears, and Sean John merchandise found there.

People just hate capitalism and successful companies like Walmart. Those people were lucky to have those jobs.

Charles Payne on Walmart - YouTube

Huffington Post

The Bangladeshi factory in question, Tazreen Factories, had no functioning extinguishers, locked the exits, and employed managers who told factory workers to go back to their stations when the fire alarm went off. Since 2006, over 200 people have died in Bangladeshi garment factories as a consequence of the substandard safety precautions prevalent in their factory

Kind of like how they numb themselves by watching Fox? :wink:

Huffington Post

This Bill O'Reilly Conversation Actually Happened

Bill O'Reilly is really befuddled by the popularity of "Gangnam Style" — so befuddled that he brought controversial Fox News psychiatrist Keith Ablow on for an existential discussion about the viral sensation on Tuesday.

The mega-hit by Korean pop star Psy recently became the most-watched video in the history of Youtube. O'Reilly, however, just wasn't having it.

On Tuesday night, he hosted Ablow — who is known for saying that Chaz Bono on "Dancing With the Stars" could make children reconsider their gender and and that Newt Gingrich's infidelity would make him a better president — to explain "the madness."

O'Reilly argued that the dance was just a rendition of the "pony" move. "800 million views of this?" he asked. "What's going on??"

Ablow offered his mind-blowing assessment: "I think what this fellow is tapping into... is the fact that people don't want any meaning right now." He continued, "It is just is sort of like a drug and that seems to be what most people seem to want right now. Not reality, not feeling, not meaning."

"So it means nothing, but it's got a nice upbeat to it but you can do the pony and ride around," O'Reilly suggested.

"The meaning is that it means nothing," Ablow responded.

The two waxed philosophical about the song and dance for a full five minutes, with O'Reilly saying that it seemed that people "want to numb themselves."

And the drama continues...

Tom Ricks Says He Didn't Apologize To Fox News For Testy Interview

FOX digging a hole for itself. Too funny.

Huffington Post

Tom Ricks may have called out Fox News, but it appears that he's not a huge fan of MSNBC either.

The Pulitzer Prize winner recently accused Fox News of "operating as the wing of the Republican Party" during an interview on the network. His appearance lasted about 90 seconds.

Now, add MSNBC to the latest cable news network Ricks has dissed. The Washington Post's Melinda Henneberger reported:

When I talked to him Tuesday, he said yeah, actually, he had had some other TV invites, but we shouldn’t waste too much time clicking around looking for his next appearance: “MSNBC invited me, but I said, ‘You’re just like Fox, but not as good at it.’ They wrote back and said, 'Thank you for your candor.'

Ricks just recently appeared on MSNBC, speaking on "Up With Chris Hayes" on November 18.

“MSNBC invited me, but I said, ‘You’re just like Fox, but not as good at it.’ They wrote back and said, 'Thank you for your candor.'
I always hear people say MSNBC and Fox are 2 sides of the same coin, but I don't buy it -- for one, the former has no misconceptions about what side of the political fence they reside (unlike Fox's "Fair & Balanced" mantra). Secondly, while the network has a clear liberal slant, I don't find that they distort the facts to fit their agenda... which is probably Fox News' most egregious flaw.

Some sanity and decency

politico.com

By MACKENZIE WEINGER |
12/20/12 12:07 PM EST

Fox News’s Greta Van Susteren on Wednesday night criticized her colleagues who have questioned Hillary Clinton’s illness, writing in a blog post that she doesn’t agree with anyone who is “snarky” or “a tad bit sarcastic on our air” about the Secretary of State’s condition.

“I don’t agree with any of my FNC colleagues or anyone else who is a tad bit sarcastic on our air about Secretary Clinton’s health,” Van Susteren wrote in a GretaWire blog post. “I believe that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is suffering from a concussion."

Clinton, Van Susteren wrote, has “never shied away from a fight” and “very significantly she has agreed to testify in January” on Benghazi. And Republicans, who hold the majority in the House, could have summoned or subpoenaed her to testify earlier, she noted.

“Frankly, I do want to hear what she says about Benghazi — she is important to hear from on this serious matter – but I want to hear from her when she is in good health,” the “On The Record” host wrote.

Ideally, Van Susteren added, “I would have liked to have had her testify weeks ago and answered the questions — but now that she is sick — the right thing to do is to wait until she is better.”

“I don’t agree with being snarky about someone’s health,” Van Susteren wrote.

Earlier this week, the State Dept. slammed Fox News contributor John Bolton and others who have suggested Clinton is faking her illness to get out of testifying on Bengahzi as “people who don’t know what they’re talking about.”

"It's really unfortunate that in times like this people make wild speculation based on no information," State Dept. spokesperson Victoria Nuland told reporters on Tuesday.

I think Roger Ailes will have a few words with her.

Say what you will about Fox News....(and you do...lol) - you cannot deny that Bill O'reilly had a lot to do with this.....
He led the charge calling for the release of Corporal Hammer and said that if he wasn't released by Christmas he would call for a total boycott of Mexico.

For this, and for Jessica's law, O'Reilly will always be my hero.

Former Marine released from Mexican prison - CNN.com

Bill O'Reilly is a liar and a snake oil salesman. Aside from his interactions with Jon Stewart, the man is a disgrace and as lacking in trustworthiness as any American media pundit.

Say what you will about Fox News....(and you do...lol) - you cannot deny that Bill O'reilly had a lot to do with this.....
He led the charge calling for the release of Corporal Hammer and said that if he wasn't released by Christmas he would call for a total boycott of Mexico.

For this, and for Jessica's law, O'Reilly will always be my hero.

Former Marine released from Mexican prison - CNN.com

He led the charge? He was late to the game my dear... Don't let him take credit for this.

Sometimes I wonder if you're just being obtuse on purpose.

There's yet another example - one of many - of Fox News, that paragon of journalism, of presenting misleading, distorted or, in this case, just plain wrong information to support their own narrative.

And people like you, who take their word at face value, will read that and not give a second thought and really associate those despicable Westboro people with the left.

Sometimes I wonder if you're just being obtuse on purpose.

There's yet another example - one of many - of Fox News, that paragon of journalism, of presenting misleading, distorted or, in this case, just plain wrong information to support their own narrative.

And people like you, who take their word at face value, will read that and not give a second thought and really associate those despicable Westboro people with the left.

Hi Bomac,

Believe it or not I'm being totally serious about this. I really don't understand why anyone would have anything against little children who were cut down even before the prime of their lives in a senseless act of violence.

And what does this report have to do with Fox News?
I swear to you I'm not pulling your leg or trying to start an argument - I really want to know.

Democrat Fred Phelps? Maybe he doesn't realize that Strom Thurmond has left the party

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom