The most trusted NEWS source in America?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the movie and I didn't see that at all. I guess I'm just subliminally brainwashed. Somehow I don't see Jason Segel as part of the liberal Communist Hollywood elite. I believe he wrote the script, but maybe a collaborator put all that stuff in.

Leave the Muppets alone :angry: , I love Kermit. I think that's the guy from The Five, he's cuckoo for cocoa puffs. It must be tough living such a paranoid joyless existence.

"Why does it always have to be a rich businessman as the bad guy?" That's the crux of their whining argument, right?

If so, it's because regular working folk don't have the money to buy the Muppet's theater.

I mean, duh.

and if it's because he was a rich oil tycoon, it's because that made the most sense to them as to why he'd want to tear the place down i guess. they also could've had him be a real estate tycoon and want to turn it into a mall or something, but they probably thought that'd been done too much recently or something.

Fox News’ Bob Beckel: SNL’s Tim Tebow Sketch Was ‘Despicable’ | Mediaite

This past weekend, Saturday Night Live wrapped up their show with a sketch showing Jesus Christ appearing in the Denver Broncos locker room to tell Tim Tebow that he loves him but maybe the guy could “turn it down a notch.” Pat Robertson has already rushed to call the sketch “anti-Christian bigotry” so, when The Five opened today’s show teasing a segment on the situation, we knew someone was going to be outraged. Would it be Catholic Kimberly Guilfoyle? The (huge) Tebow fan Eric Bolling? Nope. The offended one was actually lone-liberal Bob Beckel who called the sketch “despicable.”

Beckel has never made a secret of his strong Christian faith and, when the others acted surprised that he was upset, he pointed out that there was no reason for distinction between his liberalism and his religion.

It was interesting to see all the other hosts be so ok with the sketch, some even liking it. It’s nice to see conservative media figures treat SNL as what it is, a sketch comedy show, and not some sinister, left-wing propaganda, conspiracy machine. Good for them. Lets see how Greg Gutfeld wrapped the segment up.

“Compare the Right and Left impersonators on Saturday Night Live. They do an impeccable job of George W. Bush with Will Ferrell. Sarah Palin with Tina Fey, amazing. Fred Armisen’s Obama is dreadful. They purposefully do not go out of their way to impersonate Obama because they think it’s insulting.”

Oh, I see. The 36-year-old mainstream comedy show is purposefully airing an unfunny impression because they don’t want to hurt the President. Right…

Pretty sure what's his name that did Clinton (and a ton of other impersonations) didn't go easy on him.

What a bunch of morons...

But the guy going on about how they don't do skits about Muslims or that he's suprised a liberal is a Christian has to be the biggest moron of them all.

Faux News :up:

Public Policy Polling, Jan. 18
PPP's 3rd annual TV news trust poll finds that Fox News tops the list for both the source Americans trust the most and the one they trust the least.

Fox is the most trusted TV news source for 34% of voters, followed by PBS at 17%, CNN at 12%, ABC News at 11%, CBS News at 8%, MSNBC at 5%, and Comedy Central and NBC each at 4%. 68% of Republicans pick Fox as their most trusted source, with no one else even hitting double digits. Democrats split closely three ways with PBS at 21%, ABC News at 19%, and CNN at 17%. Despite having a reputation for appealing to the left MSNBC actually polls in only 6th place among Democrats at 8%, finishing slightly behind even Fox News' 9%. Independents split almost evenly between Fox News (29%) and PBS (27%). Fox is also the least trusted TV news source for 34% of voters, followed by Comedy Central at 16%, MSNBC at 15%, CNN at 11%, ABC News at 7%, CBS News at 5%, PBS at 2%, and NBC News at 1%. Democrats (53-17 over Comedy Central) and independents (44-13 over Comedy Central) both overwhelmingly say Fox is their least trusted news source. Republicans go for MSNBC by a 28-23 margin over CNN, followed by Comedy Central at 18% and ABC News at 10%.

--For the second year in a row PBS easily comes out ahead as the outlet the most people trust, even if it isn't necessarily the one they trust the most.

--Democrats trust everything, except Fox News. NBC does the best with them at +50 (67/17), followed by PBS and CNN at +49 (66/17 and 65/16 respectively), ABC at +38 (57/19), CBS at +35 (58/23), MSNBC at +33 (56/23), and even Comedy Central at +4 (36/32). Fox News comes in at -36 (25/61). Republicans meanwhile don't trust anything except Fox News. PBS comes the closest to breaking even among non-Fox outlets, although not very close, at -30 (26/56). It's followed by CNN at -49 (18/67), MSNBC at -51 (18/69), NBC at -52 (17/69), CBS at -54 (17/71), ABC at -56 (14/70), and Comedy Central at -59 (12/71). But Fox News comes in at a stellar 73/17.

I don't think a comment is really necessary:

Newt Gingrich's Three Marriages Mean He Might Make A Strong President -- Really | Fox News

I want to be coldly analytical, not moralize, here. I want to tell you what Mr. Gingrich’s behavior could mean for the country, not for the future of his current marriage. So, here’s what one interested in making America stronger can reasonably conclude—psychologically—from Mr. Gingrich’s behavior during his three marriages:

1) Three women have met Mr. Gingrich and been so moved by his emotional energy and intellect that they decided they wanted to spend the rest of their lives with him.

2) Two of these women felt this way even though Mr. Gingrich was already married.

3 ) One of them felt this way even though Mr. Gingrich was already married for the second time, was not exactly her equal in the looks department and had a wife (Marianne) who wanted to make his life without her as painful as possible.

Conclusion: When three women want to sign on for life with a man who is now running for president, I worry more about whether we’ll be clamoring for a third Gingrich term, not whether we’ll want to let him go after one.

4) Two women—Mr. Gingrich’s first two wives—have sat down with him while he delivered to them incredibly painful truths: that he no longer loved them as he did before, that he had fallen in love with other women and that he needed to follow his heart, despite the great price he would pay financially and the risk he would be taking with his reputation.

Conclusion: I can only hope Mr. Gingrich will be as direct and unsparing with the Congress, the American people and our allies. If this nation must now move with conviction in the direction of its heart, Newt Gingrich is obviously no stranger to that journey.

5) Mr. Gingrich’s daughters from his first marriage are among his most vigorous supporters. They obviously adore him and respect him and feel grateful for the kind of father he was.

When I want to know who in a marriage (or, for that matter, a series of marriages) is the one who actually was aligned with their best interests, I never dismiss evidence of who the children gravitate toward and admire. In this case, they have judged the father who left their family, then remarried twice. And they judge him 10 out of 10. I only hope my own children love me and respect me as much when they are adults.

So, as far as I can tell, judging from the psychological data, we have only one real risk to America from his marital history if Newt Gingrich were to become president: We would need to worry that another nation, perhaps a little younger than ours, would be so taken by Mr. Gingrich that it would seduce him into marrying it and becoming its president. And I think that is exceedingly unlikely.

I've got to say, I like the fact that everyone on both sides of the aisle here in FYM is of the same mind about Gingrich :D.

That story about Fox News is interesting. Not all that surprising, the leanings are pretty well predictable and everything, but it is funny how Fox can occupy both sides of the spectrum the way they do. That's quite a feat.

I can watch the actual News on Fox simply because they have taught me to question everything I see and hear from them. But when it comes to actual real news they can be on the scene sooner than even CNN in some cases. They had remarkable footage of the Egyptian uprising, Arab spring as well as the after Christmas tsunami a little over a year ago. I just read an article sent to me by my nephew, who works as an engineer for big oil in Texas,
Six Reasons Keystone XL Was A Bad Deal All Along | Fox News
I was quite shocked to see this online at Fox. I guess I just don't go over to their website enough. He and I had been debating this and he was giving me the same talking points as his company gives him, the media and most politicians - extolling the virtues of destroying the land, water and air.
Otherwise, I can't stand any other programming at Fox - morning, afternoon or night.

and Gingrich, he is the epitome of the lyrics:
denying for others
what you expect for yourself. :down:
(payback is hell, huh Newt..)

No racism here at all...

Fox & Friends host Eric Bolling had Rep. Maxine Waters on Wednesday morning’s show to account for calling John Boehner and Eric Cantor “demons,” but he made her attack look like a compliment with a tirade in which he told the congresswoman to “step away from the crack pipe” and compared her to Whitney Houston. "Congresswoman, you saw what happened to Whitney Houston," Bolling said. "Step away from the crack pipe, step away from the Xanax, step away from the lorazepam because it’s going to get you in trouble.” Even Bolling’s co-hosts were shocked by the comment, and he explained later in the show that he was “kidding.”

Tuition%201.png

Apparently there are also conservative toadies watching and recording MSNBC 24/7 in their parents basement. What a sad existence.

But not as sad as Ed Schultz.

I was going to mention how embarrassing it is to watch Sean Hannity try to produce some sort of scandal out of an old video tape of Barack Obama at Harvard. An effort that only proves he's as much a GOP hack as the prime time crew at MSNBC are Democratic hacks.

I was going to mention that but I so hate to encourage those of you that lack the ability to comment on FNC with any level of objectivity or context.

So I guess I won't mention it. :D

Well, I guess then we'll miss an opportunity to actually agree with each other. Oh well. Might've been nice.

But since we're not talking about it, I have to ask - was this the same video that Breitbart said was going to be something shocking? Or was that supposed to be something separate?

Because if it's the same video, then I think that should kill the conspiracy theories. I'm pretty sure no one would kill to keep that video hidden.

... unless it was the guy in the background eating a sandwich. How dare one eat a sandwich in the presence of a future president!?!

Well, I guess then we'll miss an opportunity to actually agree with each other. Oh well. Might've been nice.
But since we're not talking about it, I have to ask - was this the same video that Breitbart said was going to be something shocking? Or was that supposed to be something separate?

Same video. Brietbart could be either brilliant (Acorn, Anthony Weiner) or could crash and burn (Shirley Sherrod, Derrick Bell).

Because if it's the same video, then I think that should kill the conspiracy theories. I'm pretty sure no one would kill to keep that video hidden.

... unless it was the guy in the background eating a sandwich. How dare one eat a sandwich in the presence of a future president!?!

safer than eating a sandwich in front of the future food czar first lady I'd think. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom