The most trusted NEWS source in America?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You follow Rush on Twitter... wouldn't have guessed that. Megadittos are in store then I guess. :up:

Haha - does he Tweet?

No, somebody on my Twitter list posted a link to the summary.

If I may hijack this thread into the real world for a brief moment.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...ewart-says-those-who-watch-fox-news-are-most/

Jon Stewart says those who watch Fox News are the "most consistently misinformed media viewers"

rulings%2Ftom-false.gif

Ok, you may recommence with your hypoxic, ideologically driven FNC bashing.

Do you really think it's ideological? Because I bash any source that bills itself as a "news" organization but is blatantly biased and partisan. There is rarely any sense of balance on any of these organizations that I find it nauseating.

2861U2 said:
More self-identified Democrats watch FNC than even MSNBC. Are they misinformed?

Do you really believe this? Do you really believe they use Fox as their sole source of information?

I have found that those that use Fox as their sole or main source are incredibly uninformed.

Do you really believe this?

Do I believe what? That more Democrats watch Fox News than MSNBC? Yes, I do. Look at the raw numbers.

I have found that those that use Fox as their sole or main source are incredibly uninformed.

I would imagine that ANYONE who exclusively uses any one source to get their news would be incredibly uninformed, whether it's Fox News, MSNBC, Huffington Post or Jon Stewart. Hopefully you agree.

2861U2 said:
Do I believe what? That more Democrats watch Fox News than MSNBC? Yes, I do. Look at the raw numbers.

I would imagine that ANYONE who exclusively uses any one source to get their news would be incredibly uninformed, whether it's Fox News, MSNBC, Huffington Post or Jon Stewart. Hopefully you agree.

I think it's funny that you still think that msnbc is an equivalent to fox.

And yes I would agree with you, especially given those sources.

More self-identified Democrats watch FNC than even MSNBC. Are they misinformed?
Maybe they are just cable news rubber-neckers. I like FOX's round table breakfast gang once in a while when I want to laugh at stupid people for a quick five minutes.

Then why is it that every time anyone brings up Fox you automatically bring up msnbc?

And the reverse is true as well. I bring up a problem with MSNBC, you or someone else hits back with Fox News. I find it odd that the criticisms of FNC brought up in this thread are almost never simultaneously directed at MSNBC, though they easily could and should be. Why is that?

Do you really think it's ideological? Because I bash any source that bills itself as a "news" organization but is blatantly biased and partisan. There is rarely any sense of balance on any of these organizations that I find it nauseating.

Fine, don't watch, but why the incessant attacks on those that do?

2861U2 said:
I find it odd that the criticisms of FNC brought up in this thread are almost never simultaneously directed at MSNBC, though they easily could and should be. Why is that?
How many of us actually respect msnbc?
Very few, how many conservatives spend an extreme amount of energy defending Fox?

That will probably give you the answer to your question.

Every corporate owned news media organization is too far to the right. MSNBC? Right. CNN? Right. Fox? Extreme right. They all cater to corporate interests, every single one.

Every corporate owned news media organization is too far to the right. MSNBC? Right. CNN? Right. Fox? Extreme right. They all cater to corporate interests, every single one.
Dude, what are you from Europe or something?

~

Anyways, the incentive for a corporate-backed cable news property, whether it be Fox, MSNBC, or (do you remember?) CNN is not to provide unbiased content and inform the public. It is to get as many eyeballs watching its obnoxious talking heads as possible.

I do have to say though, I try to give conservative viewpoints (non antiquated social ones) a fair shake, and Fox has the market cornered on fear-mongering and blatant ridiculous headlines as far divorced from reality as your crazy uncle who forwards you bizarre emails about the Kenyan ******.

Well now I've heard everything.

Have a watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3JLKw0q4kY

And the reverse is true as well. I bring up a problem with MSNBC, you or someone else hits back with Fox News. I find it odd that the criticisms of FNC brought up in this thread are almost never simultaneously directed at MSNBC, though they easily could and should be. Why is that?
MSNBC is fucking terrible, but I really need to dig hard to find something on MSNBC like this gem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNXPB6TFZgE

Has Sean Hannity been waterboarded yet, by the way?

Just bend over and grab your ankles, America, it keeps getting better.

Because they insist on defending FNC as some sort of legitimate news organization. Which it is not. It is biased and partisan and quite clearly has an agenda, as do other so-called "news" outlets.

Funny, FNC covers natural disasters and elections and wars and foreign affairs and business and breaking news and all that good stuff just like all the other "news" outlets.
Are you just unhappy because they have the highest ratings even when covering non-political events or because their reporter; standing in the full gale of a hurricane as it pounds the coast doesn't, at some point, blame global warming for the storm?

I think Apple has about 13 per cent of the computer market, include iPads as computers and soon they will be at 18% passing up H P.

Then they will be able to claim to be number 1. When only 18% of the market using the Apple OS products.

With that thought in mind. Fox is one network vs four others sharing the market for the liberals/ progressives.

Are they an Apple with only 18%, saying we are number 1?

Look at election night 2010. Sitting around the MSNBC desk were Chris Matthews, Larry O'Donnell, Rachel Maddow, Ed Schultz and Eugene Robinson. It's the single most important evening for a cable news outlet every few years, and that's the route they choose to go.

2861U2 said:
Look at election night 2010. Sitting around the MSNBC desk were Chris Matthews, Larry O'Donnell, Rachel Maddow, Ed Schultz and Eugene Robinson. It's the single most important evening for a cable news outlet every few years, and that's the route they choose to go.

:huh:

I remember this though.

Bush Cousin Made Florida Vote Call For Fox News

By Howard Kurtz
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, November 14, 2000; Page C1

In yet another bizarre twist to an already surreal campaign, the head of Fox News's Election Night decision desk – who recommended calling Florida, and the election, for George W. Bush – turns out to be Bush's first cousin.

Even as he was leading the Fox decision desk that night, John Ellis was also on the phone with his cousins – "Jebbie," the governor of Florida, and the presidential candidate himself – giving them updated assessments of the vote count.

Ellis's projection was crucial because Fox News Channel put Florida in the W. column at 2:16 a.m. – followed by NBC, CBS, CNN and ABC within four minutes. That decision, which turned out to be wrong and was retracted by the embarrassed networks less than two hours later, created the impression that Bush had "won" the White House.

Which is why media circles were buzzing yesterday with the question of why Fox had installed a Bush relative in such a sensitive post.

I don't watch cable news, although my father watches FOX so I do catch it by osmosis. Have no idea what MSNBC or CNN are doing except for Chris Matthews' tingly leg.

Funny, FNC covers natural disasters and elections and wars and foreign affairs and business and breaking news and all that good stuff just like all the other "news" outlets.

Come on. I'm a mid-level Fox hater. I've got no beef with it's bias, and only hate how unbelievably dumbed down it is (with MSNBC bad too, and so - sadly - they've both dragged CNN down over the years). But when it comes to their 'coverage' of events, they're pathetic. Easily the worst. They could do better, their News Corp 'serious news' sister channel in the UK (Sky News) is fantastic for this, so they've got the links or network there to use. An event occurs, and they obviously invest all their energy only in coming up with a Michael Bay headline/graphics for it, and figuring out how it can be forced through a US left/right political filter, and absolutely no energy on information or education or analysis whatever, let alone actual decent on the ground coverage. Do yourself a favour - when shit goes down, grab the remote and flick to BBC News.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom