The most trusted NEWS source in America?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On his first day back from vacation, Glenn Beck addressed the earthquake in Japan, and said he thinks that it could be a "message [is] being sent" by God.

Speaking on his radio show Monday, Beck said, "I'm not saying God is, you know, causing earthquakes," before quickly adding, "I'm not not saying that either."

He then said that whatever one called God, "there's a message being sent. And that is, 'Hey, you know that stuff we're doing? Not really working out real well. Maybe we should stop doing some of it.' I'm just saying."

haha! that is the most cautious and ass-covering way ever conceived to basically say exactly what Pat Robertson said after Katrina.

I was going to comment on it more, but the man really should not be taken seriously

Is G*d pissed at Glenn, I mean wasn't he just diagnosed with macular dystrophy?

If assholes are going to use this kind of logic to scare their sheep, they should know if G*d is happy with them. Obviously he isn't... I'm just saying.

Douchebag network maintains douchebag views.

Film 24/7.

I have reached maximum capacity of outrage over pretty much everything right now. I can't muster anything beyond exhausted sarcasm at the moment.

Fox News map of nuclear power plants in Japan.

You'll notice one on there called "Shibuyaeggman." Problem is, it doesn't exist.

There is however, in the Shibuya district of Tokyo, a nightclub called the Eggman. They've got it in the right spot on the map too.

I'm not even sure how they make the mistakes they make.

FOX-NEWS-JAPAN.jpg
Can I be safe here in saying that the Christian faith is about freedom.

Bill Maher IS a rude jerk -and FOX is still full of hypocrites

Jezebel: Celebrity, Sex, Fashion for Women. Without Airbrushing.

Suddenly Fox News Is A Champion Of Women's Rights? Ever since meeting Sarah Palin—and especially now that conservative freakazoid Michele Bachmann is considering running in 2012—Fox News has taken a sudden interest in defending women from sexist, degrading remarks, developing a recent obsession with the comments Bill Maher has made about the two women. So is Fox News our knight in shining armor, saving us from the big comedians of the world? Hardly, as evidenced by this reel of comments made about women by their very own on-air personalities. It would seem that it's only "sexism" when unflattering remarks are made about conservative women. Also, it's not "sexism" if the remarks are actually compliments, like when referring to a congresswoman as "hot."

Last Friday, on his HBO show Real Time, Bill Maher called Sarah Palin a "dumb twat." Since then, Fox News—home of Palin's political commentary—has apparently been harassing the National Organization for Women to come out against Maher in defense of Palin. Yesterday NOW told the network, that it's a "known fact" that it does not correspond with FOX News. But in her blog NOW's communications director Lisa Bennett said, "Listen, supposedly progressive men (ok, and women, too): Cut the crap! Stop degrading women with whom you disagree and/or don't like by using female body terms or other gender-associated slurs." But Bennett went on to call out the right-wing media for its duplicitous interest in sexism after years of ignoring the matter:

You're trying to take up our time getting us to defend your friend, Sarah Palin. If you keep us busy defending her, we have less time to defend women's bodies from the onslaught of reproductive rights attacks and other threats to our freedom, safety, livelihood, etc. Sorry, but we can't defend Palin or even Hillary Clinton from every sexist insult hurled at them in the media. That task would be impossible, and it would consume us. You know this would not be a productive way to fight for women's equal rights, which is why you want us stuck in this morass.

Did you speak up once on behalf of a woman politician before you learned the name Sarah Palin? Did you work toward equality for women in any way prior to August 2008? It would be nice to think that you've suddenly discovered sexism and are interested in joining us in the struggle for full equality. But this really smacks of the worst kind of hypocrisy.

You're trying to take up our time getting us to defend your friend, Sarah Palin. If you keep us busy defending her, we have less time to defend women's bodies from the onslaught of reproductive rights attacks and other threats to our freedom, safety, livelihood, etc. Sorry, but we can't defend Palin or even Hillary Clinton from every sexist insult hurled at them in the media. That task would be impossible, and it would consume us. You know this would not be a productive way to fight for women's equal rights, which is why you want us stuck in this morass.

Did you speak up once on behalf of a woman politician before you learned the name Sarah Palin? Did you work toward equality for women in any way prior to August 2008? It would be nice to think that you've suddenly discovered sexism and are interested in joining us in the struggle for full equality. But this really smacks of the worst kind of hypocrisy.

The open mockery really isn't necessary.

See what I did there. :wink:

Fox News and Glenn Beck announced Wednesday that Beck will "transition off of his daily program" later this year.

Beck's production company, Mercury Radio Arts, will instead work with Fox News to produce programs for the channel.

From the news release:

Fox News and Mercury Radio Arts, Glenn Beck’s production company, are proud to announce that they will work together to develop and produce a variety of television projects for air on the Fox News Channel as well as content for other platforms including Fox News’ digital properties. Glenn intends to transition off of his daily program, the third highest rated in all of cable news, later this year.

:panic::gah::yippie:

I feel bad for the Daily Show. Glenn was an endless supply of ammo for them.

Glenn intends to transition off of his daily program, the third highest rated in all of cable news, later this year.

:hmm:

Beck was 5th in January 2011 and 4th in February. I guess that means he was 3rd in March and will be number 1 in May.

#FauxNewsNumbers

Either way, Bye Glenn :wave:

Beck is a showman, nothing more. I doubt he takes some or any of his convictions off the set and into the dressing room/reality. This is a guy who once called up another radio personality's wife and taunted her about her miscarriage, live on air.

He's managed to crawl to the surface of the ocean of bad, morning zoo crew idiots that inhabit morning radio, and he's made a very good living. All about the Benjamins, not about God, nor America, nor Freedom.

I dare to say many of his fans can't make this distinction and take his word as fact, which is much more disturbing than Beck himself.

He fear mongers for a living. He is frequently dishonest. He won't have open dialogue about his views.

"He fear mongers for a living. He is frequently dishonest. He won't have open dialogue about his views."

Please post a statement where he told a lie.

Open dialogue?

That would be nice.

Did he censor that?

He fear mongers for a living. He is frequently dishonest. He won't have open dialogue about his views.
I wouldn't bother wasting keystrokes engaging iron horse in a 'debate' where only one side actually puts any effort forth.

He's very subtlety trolling the fuck out of this subforum :heart:

"He fear mongers for a living. He is frequently dishonest. He won't have open dialogue about his views."

Please post a statement where he told a lie.

Open dialogue?

That would be nice.

Did he censor that?

I don't know if he's been caught out telling flat out lies. I don't pay a lot of attention to the commentary around him.

I've noticed lots of simple factual/historical mistakes when I've been watching him, but I doubt those are there deliberately to mislead, and just more in line with what seems to be a general laziness at Fox when it comes to that sort of thing (hey, the audience will never notice, what the hell do they know about the Middle East?) and probably also because it seems a lot of Beck's 'research' generally seems to come from less than ideal sources, who in turn are probably fairly loose/lazy when it comes to facts. I mean, the 'expert' guests he has on for some topics hold no weight on the subject, to say the least. Some are flat out mad. One of the guys he had on to help him tie together his recent rants about how an antichrist led Islamic caliphate was rising out of Tahrir Square to take over the world was a guy with zero qualifications in anything, who thinks he's a prophet getting personal revelations from God, and so writes ridiculous books about it. When Beck, on what claims to be a news channel, presents someone like that as an 'expert' on a topic, and then presents his views on the world and its immediate future as some sort of well researched, intellectually tested possibility, then, well.

His views, his conspiracies, and his unimaginably loose linkages are so extreme or silly or flat out wrong that a lot of people just assume that it must be done with complete awareness on his part. People are genuinely confused as to how someone could be so silly and so wrong on such a large stage (ie he's not some random blogger in his bedroom, he's got News Ltd standing behind him), without it being a kind of 'in joke', presumably one that has made a lot of money. So Beck/Fox don't believe it, Beck/Fox just knows there's a huge audience of the ignorant out there, easily whipped up, and with that are ratings and cash. If that were true, that is, obviously, dishonest.

I think the truth is probably in a split of those two. I think Beck probably is just a nutty lightweight who puts on a good show. He probably does believe it all. It's Fox that were dishonest in airing it, as you know there can't be too many (any?) people there who believe a word of it. Apparently higher ups at Fox have been uncomfortable with him for a long, long, long time. Apparently Ailes has been fighting Murdoch over him since almost Day 1. It's only once the cash started to dwindle that Ailes lost what I assume was the only winning argument. That is pretty shit.

What bothers me about Glenn Beck, et al. is their laughing all the way to the bank. I think he and Limbaugh don't truly live by the views they spout (documented at least in Limbaugh's case). They just barf out what they think the carnivores want to hear, write a book, collect millions and then go do whatever the hell they like. Hypocrites, mostly.

It's like the few people that I've known that have had abortions. Most of them are staunch conservatives. They spew and vote a particular viewpoint, but when it comes to their actions, it's whatever is convenient for them.

Hypocrisy makes me ill.
You are the lowest human being if you don't live what you believe, and then worse if you don't live what you tell others to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom