The most trusted NEWS source in America? - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-30-2010, 10:42 PM   #141
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
So, you think Fox News lies.
They've been caught doing so.

There have been many examples given over the years including this thread.


What about their bias, have you noticed that on more than one occasion when a Republican is caught in a sex scandal they place a (D) by their name? One would be a shameful accident maybe, but more than one and it's just lying.
__________________

BVS is offline  
Old 10-03-2010, 09:38 PM   #142
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
the iron horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in a glass of CheerWine
Posts: 3,266
Local Time: 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
They've been caught doing so.

There have been many examples given over the years including this thread.


What about their bias, have you noticed that on more than one occasion when a Republican is caught in a sex scandal they place a (D) by their name? One would be a shameful accident maybe, but more than one and it's just lying.

They place a (D) by their name????

Please explain further.
__________________

the iron horse is offline  
Old 10-04-2010, 02:12 AM   #143
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,601
Local Time: 02:40 PM
Fox News Labels Disgraced Republican Mark Sanford -- A Democrat
deep is offline  
Old 10-06-2010, 08:48 AM   #144
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,324
Local Time: 06:40 PM

But Dick Cheney is a robot, isn't he?



Fox News reported that Los Angeles is going to spend $1 billion on jetpacks that can fly a person up to 63 miles per hour and soar to heights of 8,000 feet.

But this is one head-in-the-clouds idea that would never get off the ground, not even in the City of Angels.

"We certainly haven't bought any jetpacks," police chief Charlie Beck told the LA Times. "We haven't bought [squad] cars for two years."

The hosts of "Fox and Friends," the network's morning show, missed a great opportunity to yell "makeup!" But they were mildly skeptical when first discussing the concept and retracted the report within an hour. They initially said that Los Angeles was ordering 10,000 jetpacks at a cost of $100,000 each. The Times notes that the city "is regularly sending its police detectives home because it can't pay all their overtime." There's no money for anything this over the top.

Where on earth could such an out-of-this-world report come from?

Gawker first noted that it probably came from a story in the Weekly World News. For those who haven't noticed the publication in supermarket checkout lines, their logo features Bat Boy and they've broken such exclusives as "Dick Cheney is a Robot," "Satan Captured by GIs in Iraq," and "Hillary Clinton Adopts Alien Baby."

Fox News Falls For Fake Story About Los Angeles Ordering 10,000 Jetpacks (Updated)
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 10-06-2010, 09:00 AM   #145
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 05:40 PM
Yay for journalism
BVS is offline  
Old 10-06-2010, 09:13 AM   #146
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,324
Local Time: 06:40 PM
They'll be all over this one

OBAMA ON NEW DOLLAR BILL�|�Weekly World News

The comments
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 10-06-2010, 09:22 AM   #147
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Canadiens1131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,363
Local Time: 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
Please a few quotes by Glenn Beck that back up your statement.
You do know he's a former, failed "wacky morning zoo crew" radio guy, right?
Canadiens1131 is offline  
Old 10-07-2010, 08:13 AM   #148
has a
 
kramwest1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Not a toliet wall
Posts: 6,939
Local Time: 04:40 PM
Glenn Beck | Media Matters for America

^A rich source of Beckisms.
__________________
Bread & Circuses
kramwest1 is offline  
Old 11-15-2010, 12:16 PM   #149
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,324
Local Time: 06:40 PM

Fox News anchor Chris Wallace had an unexpectedly salty conversation with radio host Mike Gallagher on Friday, telling Gallagher that he knows how to "satisfy a woman" and suggesting that the host would hire an escort if he was "a man."

Wallace's first comment came after Gallagher said he hoped to have the "Fox News Sunday" host's wife as a guest when her book was released in the New Year. "This woman is a saint for putting up with you," he continued. "I gotta find out what the secret is."

"Maybe the secret is I know how to satisfy a woman. Has that ever occurred to you?" Wallace replied. He went on to say that "if I had my own pad and was a bachelor in New York, I wouldn't be lonely. It'd be party night."

A few minutes later, Wallace asked Gallagher why he was so "lonely" in New York, and told him to call one of the "advertisements for, like, gentleman's clubs and escort services."

"I'm not going to a gentleman's club," Gallagher said, "Are you crazy?"

"Because you're not a man," Wallace said.



Someone commented on him saying this so I looked it up. What a douche. He seems to think he's very desirable.

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201002040018
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 11-15-2010, 12:32 PM   #150
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Canadiens1131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,363
Local Time: 06:40 PM
Oldie but goodie:


Yep, I trust Fox alright.
Canadiens1131 is offline  
Old 11-15-2010, 01:55 PM   #151
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 03:40 PM
he's kinda cute.
diamond is offline  
Old 11-15-2010, 05:23 PM   #152
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,771
Local Time: 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Fox News anchor Chris Wallace had an unexpectedly salty conversation with radio host Mike Gallagher on Friday, telling Gallagher that he knows how to "satisfy a woman" and suggesting that the host would hire an escort if he was "a man."

Wallace's first comment came after Gallagher said he hoped to have the "Fox News Sunday" host's wife as a guest when her book was released in the New Year. "This woman is a saint for putting up with you," he continued. "I gotta find out what the secret is."

"Maybe the secret is I know how to satisfy a woman. Has that ever occurred to you?" Wallace replied. He went on to say that "if I had my own pad and was a bachelor in New York, I wouldn't be lonely. It'd be party night."

A few minutes later, Wallace asked Gallagher why he was so "lonely" in New York, and told him to call one of the "advertisements for, like, gentleman's clubs and escort services."

"I'm not going to a gentleman's club," Gallagher said, "Are you crazy?"

"Because you're not a man," Wallace said.



Someone commented on him saying this so I looked it up. What a douche. He seems to think he's very desirable.

Wallace on whether Palin will be "sitting on [his] lap" during interview: "One can only hope" | Media Matters for America
Uhhhhhhh...o-kay. Thanks for sharing, Wallace . That's kind of odd to hear that coming from him, 'cause from what I've seen of him in interviews, I wouldn't expect him to come off like that.

Such strange people that work at that station.

Angela
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 11-17-2010, 10:44 AM   #153
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 28,324
Local Time: 06:40 PM
In an interview, Fox News Chairman Roger Ailes told The Daily Beast's Howard Kurtz that he thinks President Obama is a far-left socialist.

"The president has not been very successful," Ailes said. "He just got kicked from Mumbai to South Korea, and he came home and attacked Republicans for it. He had to be told by the French and the Germans that his socialism was too far left for them to deal with."

He also said that Obama "just has a different belief system than most Americans."

The interview is filled with revealing moments. Ailes also claims not to have known about Fox News parent company News Corp's $1 million donation to the Republican Governor's Association. He said Rupert Murdoch told him, "I hope that didn't cause you any problems."

Ailes also told Kurtz that he personally told Fox News staffers to ignore the story of Keith Olbermann's suspension, and mounted a spirited defense of Glenn Beck, who has been weathering heavy criticism from progressive and Jewish groups for his attacks on George Soros.

Referring to Beck's discussion of Soros' experiences during the Holocaust, Ailes said that the host had only been trying to raise questions about Soros' character, and complained that there are some "left-wing rabbis who basically don't think that anybody can ever use word, Holocaust, on the air."
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 11-17-2010, 11:40 AM   #154
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 05:40 PM
Quote:
"He just got kicked from Mumbai to South Korea, and he came home and attacked Republicans for it. He had to be told by the French and the Germans that his socialism was too far left for them to deal with."
Oh, so that's what happened?
BVS is offline  
Old 11-17-2010, 08:45 PM   #155
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Philadelphia
Posts: 19,218
Local Time: 06:40 PM
Why would Barack Obama even want to be a socialist? Democracy has been very good to him.

Anyone who thinks Obama is a socialist is an idiot.
PhilsFan is offline  
Old 11-17-2010, 09:14 PM   #156
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Canadiens1131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,363
Local Time: 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
Why would Barack Obama even want to be a socialist? Democracy has been very good to him.

Anyone who thinks Obama is a socialist is an idiot.
People who don't know what they are talking about (and some who do) throw around socialist, liberal, communist, fascist, etc without knowing what they really mean. Whatever comes down the fax line with the talking points, you know?
Canadiens1131 is offline  
Old 11-18-2010, 12:01 AM   #157
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Philadelphia
Posts: 19,218
Local Time: 06:40 PM
Oh, I know. I'm posting out loud to myself for no apparent reason.

The right sucks, is my point.
PhilsFan is offline  
Old 11-19-2010, 12:22 AM   #158
Forum Moderator
 
yolland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,471
Local Time: 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
In an interview, Fox News Chairman Roger Ailes told The Daily Beast's Howard Kurtz...
From the second, just-released interview in that series: Ailes on NPR--
Quote:
“They are, of course, Nazis. They have a kind of Nazi attitude. They are the left wing of Nazism. These guys don’t want any other point of view. They don’t even feel guilty using tax dollars to spout their propaganda.”
Well, duh! I mean, Soros is one of their biggest donors, and according to Glenn Beck, Soros was a Nazi as a kid himself!



Ailes knows perfectly well what socialism and fascism really are.
__________________
yolland [at] interference.com


μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
yolland is offline  
Old 11-19-2010, 12:28 AM   #159
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,646
Local Time: 06:40 PM



this is for real
Jive Turkey is offline  
Old 11-19-2010, 01:58 AM   #160
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,771
Local Time: 05:40 PM
Quote:
“These guys don’t want any other point of view. They don’t even feel guilty using tax dollars to spout their propaganda.”
*Hands Ailes a phone so he can call up the kettle*

Quote:
Well, duh! I mean, Soros is one of their biggest donors, and according to Glenn Beck, Soros was a Nazi as a kid himself!
Ya know, for someone who rails against Nazism, Beck sure seems to know a hell of a lot about Nazis, and who is and isn't one.

Ooh, did I just start a conspiracy theory ?

Quote:
Ailes knows perfectly well what socialism and fascism really are.
But of course. Seriously, am I the only one who wants to send Ailes and Beck and the people at Fox News and the leaders of the Tea Party and so on dictionaries, with those words highlighted?

Angela
__________________

Moonlit_Angel is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×