The most trusted NEWS source in America?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've clicking refresh for 2 months now. When am I going to get to read achtungbono's genius insight? What stage is the paper in at the moment?

this in the middle east, nothing happens over night

while waiting, you may want to check on the status of your other assets.

lol....you guys KILL me........:D

Seriously though, I've actually started putting a rebuttal paper together for all of the points that BVS brought up. I've put her points on my desktop and when I have some extra time I will address her points one by one.

In the meantime, I watched the documentary movie "Killing Lincoln", based on Bill O'Reilly's book, on National Geographic Channel and it's AWESOME. Lincoln is played by Billy Campbell, one of the best actors around, and it's gripping with suspense even though you know how it ends......I highly recommend it even if you don't like O'Reilly himself....heehee.

lol....you guys KILL me........:D

Seriously though, I've actually started putting a rebuttal paper together for all of the points that BVS brought up. I've put her points on my desktop and when I have some extra time I will address her points one by one.

Just a little FYI... BVS is a guy. :)

In the meantime, I watched the documentary movie "Killing Lincoln", based on Bill O'Reilly's book, on National Geographic Channel and it's AWESOME. Lincoln is played by Billy Campbell, one of the best actors around, and it's gripping with suspense even though you know how it ends......I highly recommend it even if you don't like O'Reilly himself....heehee.

I just watched this yesterday. It is pretty good. I liked it much better than the 'Lincoln' film, only because it less sensational and more historical.

Gotta give it to Megyn and Greta:

"What makes you dominant and me submissive and who died and made you scientist-in-chief?" was her first question to Erickson. Try as he might, he failed to convince her.

"I didn't like what you wrote one bit. To me you sound like somebody who's judging and then wants to come out and say 'I'm not, I'm not, I'm not, and now let me judge judge judge, and by the way it's science it's science it's science it's fact fact fact fact. Well, I have a whole list of studies saying your science is wrong and your facts are wrong.'"

Megyn Kelly Demolishes Erick Erickson, Lou Dobbs Over Sexist Comments (VIDEO)

Van Susteren took to her blog and did not hold back, writing, "Have these men lost their minds? (and these are my colleagues??!! oh brother... maybe I need to have a little chat with them (next thing they will have a segment to discuss eliminating women's right to vote?)"

Greta Van Susteren Rips Sexist Male Colleagues: 'Have These Men Lost Their Minds?'

I can't comment on Greta Van Susteren as I don't really know much about her but it's pretty rich of Megyn Kelly who has a nice and illustrious history of sexist comments to now be all in a huff. Jon Stewart did a piece on her comments re: mat leave which were much in the same vein until she got pregnant and overnight became progressive on the issue.

I think Irvine posted a couple of times about how a lot of the opposition to gay marriage is from sexist men who are still wedded to strict gender roles. And this story is a good example of that exactly.

It's also really brilliant that you have 4 conservative guys sitting round moaning and groaning about the nasty modern society in which women have to work. Meanwhile, they are against universal healthcare, against childcare programs, against Planned Parenthood, against mandatory paid maternity leave, against minimum wage, against student subsidies, against a social safety net, for lower corporate taxes, for unfettered free markets that have exported most of these manufacturing jobs where the "breadwinning" dads used to be employed, etc, etc. So families can't make ends meet and now moms have to work full time? Shocking! I mean, who coulda seen that one coming?

I'm not a huge fan of Russell Brand, but this is epic:

Russell Brand on MSNBC Mocking Media - YouTube

I love the look on his face when asked whether he prefers stand up or making movies.

But he made a huge point on how ridiculous broadcast news can be. "Is this what you do for a living?!"

:up: Well down, Russell.

I saw that on my Facebook feed. I wonder if that was deliberate, because the editorial failure was momumental.

No wait, no. Having worked in TV news in the past, it is likely that producers got too excited with valuable information and rushed to put it on air. I could imagine they barked orders at the graphic department and everyone else, thus not allowing any room for rational thinking.

Either way, shame!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom