The most trusted NEWS source in America?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think pig is the closest, but that's not saying much since a number of guys wear it like a badge.

Whore is legit to use. Slut is not.

Would "pig" be referring to their sex lives? It just doesn't seem that men get that same kind of treatment, to make that kind of insult about their alleged sex lives or habits. It's just like that instant zinger, I'll call her a slut.

I don't know or care whether he meant whore as in sell out or media whore or whatever-he said slut and it's just unnecessary. Whoring yourself out in a non sexual way is an entirely different thing, like selling out your soul. Is that what you mean?

Would "pig" be referring to their sex lives? It just doesn't seem that men get that same kind of treatment, to make that kind of insult about their alleged sex lives or habits. It's just like that instant zinger, I'll call her a slut.

I don't know or care whether he meant whore as in sell out or media whore or whatever-he said slut and it's just unnecessary. Whoring yourself out in a non sexual way is an entirely different thing, like selling out your soul. Is that what you mean?

Yeah, I think that's what Ed meant. But, it doesn't matter because that's not what he said.

"Media Whore" is a completely legitimate insult.

Ed Schultz has voluntarily suspended himself w/o pay.
The Ed Schultz Show : Ed Says Blog

It's the political media. If you are part of it, wear a helmet.
Ed Schultz is often referred to as "Special Ed" by right-wing media. So slut bad, but Down's Syndrome jokes are fine.

Whatever. It is what it is.

Here lies the difference between the two.

Ed took responsibility for his actions. Laura, Glenn, Rush, etc they all shrug off their slurs, they say it's just the lamestream media being too "PC", and then their audience sweeps it under the rug.

agreed -- he probably meant to say something along the lines of "media whore," and used slut instead.

there really isn't a true male equivalent because of the double standard that always existed. even when i was a teenager and not at all out, i would always marvel at how boys would do everything possible to see if they could get girls to, for lack of a better term, "put out," and then they'd turn around and tell everyone how easy/slutty she was. it's kind of like, dude, she gave you what you wanted and then you trash her for it. and then if other girls would get wind of said girl's alleged sluttiness, well that was even worse. she gets punished for doing the same thing a guy would be rewarded for.

it's such an awful dynamic within heterosexuality, and it still makes me sick to my stomach when i think about the enormous amount of slut-shaming that went on not that long ago.

there really isn't a true male equivalent because of the double standard that always existed

And sometimes it can have zero to do with sexuality. I was called a slut and a whore when I had no life whatsoever of that kind and didn't even date. I was told by my brother that I "looked like a whore" because I had a shorter skirt on than usual and more makeup than usual-and that was for a Christmas party. So I am all too familiar with how and why those words can be used, unfortunately. It can be used as a form of verbal abuse.

"Barack Obama has committed a lot of crimes such as being born, according to people who don’t like black men, but he finally went too far at this memorial for the people who got killed by the tornado. According to Fox News, the president sort of looked like he was moving his jaw in a way that could mean he was either chewing gum or trying to get his ears to pop after a flight or maybe he had something stuck in his teeth, who knows. In any case, why did they even let this guy in a church?

Says the Fox News website as an introduction to this Zapruder clip for our time:

Seen at the last seconds of this video clip it appears as though President Obama was chewing gum. What do you think?"

YouTube - ‪Obama Sits in Front Row and Chews Gum at Joplin Memorial Service‬‏

I don't know if it was before or after he spoke-but sometimes people chew gum before a speech in order to prevent mouth dryness. I assume he got rid of it before he made his speech. Don't think he meant any disrespect, I don't think that's his character makeup. Unless it's all just an act.

:shrug:

So Weiner's um..is a national security issue? There are so many bad puns about Weinergate, but they are getting hilarious

Bill O'Reilly weighed in on the Anthony Weiner controversy on his Wednesday show--and said that the scandal has grave national security implications.

O'Reilly admitted that the story is "dumb," but said that the FBI needed to get involved in finding out whether his account was hacked.

"National security is involved," he said. "It's clear from the WikiLeaks controversy that some very bad people have compromised U.S. national security by hacking into government websites." O'Reilly then mentioned other examples of hacking, including the recent PBS fracas and his own website.

"The USA simply cannot stand by and allow members of Congress to be attacked by cyber criminals!" he said. "Weiner's case is dumb. But if he was hacked, that's serious. So the FBI should be involved and should tell the folks they're on the case."

i found the photo interesting, and kind of impressive for a Democrat -- i always thought that Republicans were much bigger dicks.

WHjkQ.jpg

The rank and file monkeys of Fox News are very aware of the spin their editors put on their daily work.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a subversive undercurrent at the network to fuck with the higher-ups a bit.

Hm. I've honestly never heard of it, which I'm sure comes to the chagrin of our friend INDY here. I guess I fell asleep during that portion of our Liberal Groupthink Monthly Meeting.

Remember all the cheese and wine has to be fair trade and organic. And you'll want to get there early so you are on the rail for the Michael Moore support gig.

and what's awesome is that my government welfare pays for ALL our imported vegan snacks! and they will be served to us by illegal immigrants from MEXICO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom