"The Loyal Opposition"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trash Can

Acrobat
crap, crap, crap.

I hate when I'm wrong... yet again, ... Yet again.

I'm sittin' here watching "Merry Christmas Charlie Brown" and I realize what a Grinch I've been, yet again.
(Geez... I go off my anti-depressants and I'm ready for the funny farm)

anyway, I was bitter, jealous, and I let other's rudeness affect me.

I really don't need this. and i know you all don't need mellowdramatic drivel like I constantly assault you with.

My apoligies... yet again, to all who apply.

God bless, Merry Christmas, and Peace!

U2 forever!!
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Trash Can (edited 12-16-2001).]

Trashcan,

I have always enjoyed your posts in the spiritual threads of FYM. We value your perspective in the forum but I think you are blowing this particular instance way out of proportion. There is no conspiracy against you by the "beautiful people" of interference. If there was, I certainly wouldn't be part of it because lord knows I'm not one of the "sexies." I'm sorry that you have felt insulted here recently but I am sure it was not intentional. This is a case of miscommunication. Why do we have to turn this into a battle between groups when we could be trying to understand each other better? I know from personal experience that what seems like an alienating clique from the outside is usually just a close group of friends with a couple of inside jokes in reality. We really do not mean to appear exclusionary. We're just playing and sometimes when you're playing people accidentally get hurt. I'm sorry if you're feelings were hurt but in the spirit of Christmas, don't you think we should be able to talk this out and reach some sort of an understanding?

Peace

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

Well, Trash Can, I don't know where you put me in all this.

Regardless, I am a college graduate now. I lost my ethernet, now forced to modems. and I don't have the greatest amounts of time to dedicate to writing my very long posts. Politics doesn't interest me as much as religion now, really, particularly since it seems that Mr. Bush here wants to meld the two together. Oh what a mistake that will be, if history is a true guide.

But I will, of course, always remain a thorn probably for just being who I am. But I will admit that I've learned quite a bit from my opposition here, and, contrary to what many think, I welcome intelligent disagreement, because it forces me to research my beliefs, which either strengthens or changes them as a result.

However, my pursuit now is not as much of knowledge as it is to rebuild my personal and social life. To enjoy the fruits of life and love. And that means less of me here.

Take care all...

~Melon

------------------
"Oh no...my brains."

what happend exlpain

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

Trash Can is paranoid and doesnt know how to take a joke.

TrashCan, I was going to apologize for my reply to your Ass thread in L.S. but after your rampage all over the forum I really dont see why I should. Plus I cant find it and I have no idea what happened to it. I'm trying to find out right now.

I am never really angry around here. If I post angry faces I'm usually joking. If I post no smilies at all, thats when I'm serious.

Anyway, being the person that I am, I will apologize for anything I may have said to offend you. And if anyone else offended you as well, I'm sure they were not serious as well.

If you want to discuss it further, please email me. Because I would.

u2mofogirl@yahoo.com

------------------
It's cold in the ground
But there's peace in the sound
Of the white and the black
Spilling over

Sicy's Website

Photo Albums

[This message has been edited by SicilianGoddess (edited 12-16-2001).]

TC, you are one alright guy. What did someone do to you?

[This message has been edited by 80sU2isBest (edited 12-16-2001).]

Well whatever happened I must have missed it in the few hours I was off-line. But I will say, Trash Can that I for one really enjoy and value your input at this forum both in the serious religious discussions and in the non-serious stuff. So anyways, peace to all. *hugs*

smile.gif

-sula

Originally posted by Hans Moleman:

However, my pursuit now is not as much of knowledge as it is to rebuild my personal and social life. To enjoy the fruits of life and love. And that means less of me here.

Take care all...

~Melon

And how many times have you said this before?
smile.gif

Melon, I like you, you're ok. Same with you Trash Can. Now that you will both sleep better tonight knowing *I* approve of you both, will you just remember to keep Horse-Sense on a short leash melon? I like the old hag, and dont want to see less of her.

tongue.gif

TC, I deleted your thread in Lemonade Stand
you edited your original post directed at Sicy (what on itself is a very good move), so the remains of that thread didn't make much sense anymore

you even asked to have that thread deleted and since I'm getting pretty tired by all of this I did just so

if you need some one to yell at mail me, but please stop the personal attacks on some of us here

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Apparently I've missed the cue on this one as well, Most probably during my binge rampage on Saturday of the Hallowed Gift of the Prince 'Drambuie'.. but I'll leave well enough alone.. Trash Can.. Seriously in all cheery uppities.. I give you my favorite past times to lighten my spirits..
1. I find that there is nothing more happy than a Christmas Viewing of National Lampoons Christmas Vacation.. I mean, anyone emptying a 'shitter' into a suburban sewer in their underwear is going to make someone laugh
2. A concoction of Mayonnaise and Orange Juice is always on tap for me.. Pound it like there's no tomorrow, and the ensuing terror will make all your sorrows go away...
3. And what I usually do when I'm stressed is go out late at night and grab myself some Street signs to decorate my college dorm room.. I just recently got a Speed Limit sign..and happened to pick up a packet of Bic Ballpoint pens.

So there you go Miseur Canny.. And before some of us begin to accuse you of just trying to get some 'virtual love' by moaning about getting ripped on.. It happens to the best of us. Hah.. even to me on occasion, but that's how we learn things, we have our views, we argue, some people use cus language.. but It's all to learn more about the world around us.. But don't think twice that I've got a Virtual Sh#t waiting in my computer banks for Gonzo and .. ah lemme see... Hans Moleman.. Just kidding, ... as long as you're catholic.

A Beautiful person, And a the world's walking Damascus
Lemonite

Take care Trash can.. Have you tried the Yankeee Christmas EVE Scented candle.. pure exxxtasy.

Originally posted by speedracer:
And how many times have you said this before?
smile.gif

Oh you need not remind me. I know I went back on this a lot, and I blame it completely on the fact that I was addicted to this forum and I had an ethernet that made it so easy too.

But now I get to start life fresh, and I'm enjoying it. The real world is lots of fun, and I'm happy that I left all that misery and stress and loneliness back at college when I graduated and left it for good.

For this reason alone, I may never want to get broadband (I'm living off a 56K modem now), in fear that I'll get as addicted to this place as I did before.

And this place is very lively now without me. I'm, at least, happy to see that. And, no, I'm not leaving. Just posting infrequently like lots of others around here. If I say I'm leaving, I'll be tempted to come back.
tongue.gif

~Melon

------------------
"Oh no...my brains."

Originally posted by Hans Moleman:
Oh you need not remind me. I know I went back on this a lot, and I blame it completely on the fact that I was addicted to this forum and I had an ethernet that made it so easy too.
For this reason alone, I may never want to get broadband (I'm living off a 56K modem now), in fear that I'll get as addicted to this place as I did before.
~Melon
Melon, I know exactly how you feel. There are often times I have wanted to leave, also and then couldn't because there is just something in me that says "go see what people are disagreeing with you about so you can go argue!!". I wish I could get rid of my broadband internet, but alas, I need it for my job. Drat!

melon, I have a good solution for you....it's the only one that worked well for me. Go backpacking in Europe and stick to remote places. Net time is too expensive to waste surfing the forum and you get it so rarely that you can't participate in discussions anyways.
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

ok, we're all over exerted here. let's all take naps. *hands out fluffy pillows and comfy blankets*

------------------
Taste is the enemy of art.

Back
Top Bottom