The LIbertarian Candidate Never on the Debates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the iron horse said:
Ever wonder why??????

Because they don't make a strong enough stand on real milk and cigarettes?

Or, more likely, it's because they never get more than minimal support, meaning that they aren't seen as serious presidential candidates. There's lots of those kinds of candidates out there too.

Re: Re: The LIbertarian Candidate Never on the Debates

melon said:

Or, more likely, it's because they never get more than minimal support, meaning that they aren't seen as serious presidential candidates. There's lots of those kinds of candidates out there too.

Yup.

Sometimes it really is just pragmatism, not conspiracy.

That's funny coming from you...

But no, the responses haven't avoided the question, in fact melon nailed it.

Last edited:
They have been banned from the debates for the same reason that the crazy guy on the street corner preaching about the NWO and Armgaeddon can't get in the debates. There is not NEAR enough support. They aren't going to let just anybody in.

This is not a secretive conspiracy. It's as transparent as you could hope for. The Libertarians are at odds with the vast majority of Americans because they live in a fantasy land. Call me when they can draw anything within the universe of 10% of the general popular vote.

Let's look at Ron Paul, he's running on a Libertarian platform in one of the mainstream majority parites and he can't even crack the top 5. A conservative party, in a VERY weak field. Be serious.

/thread.

the iron horse is right, you all have ignored that the Libertarians are on every state ballet, yet they are on no TV debate.
:wink:

U2DMfan said:
They have been banned from the debates for the same reason that the crazy guy on the street corner preaching about the NWO and Armgaeddon can't get in the debates. There is not NEAR enough support. They aren't going to let just anybody in.

This is not a secretive conspiracy. It's as transparent as you could hope for. The Libertarians are at odds with the vast majority of Americans because they live in a fantasy land. Call me when they can draw anything within the universe of 10% of the general popular vote.

Let's look at Ron Paul, he's running on a Libertarian platform in one of the mainstream majority parites and he can't even crack the top 5. A conservative party, in a VERY weak field. Be serious.

/thread.

Do you really think it's about the libertarians being a bunch of kooks? I'd wager it's more about maintaining the status quo, and the Reps & Dems not wanting to let anyone else into the club, be they libertarians or whatever...in a 2 horse race the last thing those 2 horses want is more horses.

Thanks Vincent Vega and CTU2fan,

"the Libertarians are on every state ballet, yet they are on no TV debate."

"I'd wager it's more about maintaining the status quo, and the Reps & Dems not wanting to let anyone else into the club, be they libertarians or whatever..."

"Any dictator would admire the uniformity and obedience of the U.S. media."

~ Noam Chomsky

Other countries have managed to get third parties that are legitimate.

Libertarians are not legitimate. We Americans are waiting for someone who is.

phillyfan26,

"Libertarians are not legitimate."

Can you post some facts or reasons why you think that is a legitimate statement?

Thanks

Last edited:
As Melon has posted before, the American Libertarian party has very alienating stances on many issues.

phillyfan26 said:
As Melon has posted before, the American Libertarian party has very alienating stances on many issues.

Melon or you,

Melon said this: Because they don't make a strong enough stand on real milk and cigarettes?

Do you think Melon knows what the Libertarian Party is about?

I'm just asking, in a friendly way, what are these alienating stances that you see from the Libertarian Party?

Last edited:
CTU2fan said:

Do you really think it's about the libertarians being a bunch of kooks? I'd wager it's more about maintaining the status quo,

It's about actual support.

I agree with true libertarians on several issues but the Libertarian party as we know it, is on the fringes.

The biggest problem with the Libertarians, and I've said it time and time again, is they have no true cohesion. Some are diehard drug legalization people, others are disillusioned conservatives, etc...

Quit making weak arguments about smoking and come up with a true platform.

I think they are at at odds with American Democracy.
They don't want a set of values set into this govt.
They want a new govt. with a new set of values.
The people choose our govt. They are at odds.

Even the Republican small government brigade wants more government responsibility than what the Libertarians want.

Back
Top Bottom