The kidnappings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justified

Refugee
Just when I thought this war could not grow anymore depressing I turn on the news last night to see the latest developments, the kidnappings. To see footage of the Japanesse hostages with swords and knifes to their throats and threating Japan that they will burn them alive if their demands are not met made me sick to the stomach. I am tired of this war. I am tired of seeing these images and lives lost from all sides.

[q]Foreign Civilians Taken Hostage in Iraq
1 hour, 42 minutes ago

By The Associated Press

Insurgents in Iraq (news - web sites) have seized several foreign hostages during a weeklong uprising and have briefly detained a number of foreign journalists. Here is a list of people still missing or confirmed captured:

_ An American was captured Friday by insurgents who attacked a fuel convoy near Baghdad. The man spoke with a southern accent and identified himself as Thomas Hamill to a reporter for Australian television.

_ Two U.S. servicemembers and several contract employees were still unaccounted for from attacks on Friday, a Pentagon (news - web sites) spokesman said Saturday. It was unknown if they had been captured or killed.

_ Japanese aid workers Noriaki Imai, 18, and Nahoko Takato, 34, and photojournalist Soichiro Koriyama, 32 were taken hostage in southern Iraq, but the exact date of their capture was unclear. Their captors threatened them with knives in a videotape and have vowed to burn them alive if Japan does not withdraw its troops.

_ Militants on Wednesday kidnapped two aid workers in Najaf: Fadi Ihsan Fadel, a Syrian-born Canadian who works for the International Rescue Committee, and Nabil Razouk, 30, an Arab from East Jerusalem who also works for the U.S. Agency for International Development.

_ A group calling itself the "Marytr Ahmed Yassin Brigades" in the city of Ramadi, west of Baghdad and Fallujah, claimed in a video shown on Al-Arabiya television to have 30 hostages from the United States, Japan, Spain and Bulgaria. No hostages were shown, and there was no way to verify the group's claims.

_ Two security agents from the German Embassy in Baghdad were missing, Germany's Foreign Ministry said. German ZDF and ARD television said the men were ambushed Wednesday while on a routine trip from Amman, Jordan to Baghdad.

_ Seven South Korean missionaries were held briefly before being released Thursday. [/q]

This kidnappings has nothing to do with fighting against a occupation,....:sad:

And i am not tired of this news. I do not want to fall in a state of ingnorance where our world leaders can do wat they want.

AcrobatMan said:

well ..digressing....

Democracy would mean iraq would be iraq would be anti- america

Democracy in iraq might mean a very strict religious law with no freedom ..

I still think majority of the people in iraq would want strict, inhumane laws

democracy is not going to help..

What kind of leader would al-Sistani be?

Back
Top Bottom