The Kerry - MoveOn Connection solidifies...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dear Senator McCain, is there something you can do about this eight-month campaignathon??? How about a McCain Bill to Discourage Presidential Political Burnout?? :help: :help:

Too bad no one made this kind of furor over Bush's administration full of ex-Enron executives or the fact that Kenneth Lay clearly influenced Cheney's energy policy.

But that's right. "Executive privilege." That statement is about as overused as "national security."

Melon

nbcrusader said:
Don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain....

When was the last time anyone has taken a look at the man behind the curtain? Liberals, Conservatives no one seems to care anymore as long as their man wins.

Moveon is one of the many organizations that provide a loophole for people to avoid the campaign reform bill.

Dreadsox said:
Moveon is one of the many organizations that provide a loophole for people to avoid the campaign reform bill.
But he is not working for Moveon while he is working for Kerry, right ?

people (i.e. george soros) can give unlimited money to moveon.org knowing that it will basically go directly to john kerry's campaign.

they should have put a maximum on the amount of money that one is allowed to spend on his campaign years & years ago

They have....this is to a political organization.....not affiliated with a candidate.

This :censored: is going on mainly because the damn campaign is going to end up lasting eight months. If we could go back to choosing the nominees in convention, then have a three-month campaign the way we used to, then outrageous sums of $$ wouldn't be used like this. I wish to heck we could do this but I don't see how at this point. It's really maddening. I hate it. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Like the Republicans haven't been doing this for years. It's just pissing them off that Liberals are doing it so successfully finally.

Remember the healthcare reform commmercials with ? and Louise.
Move-on hasn't endorsed Kerry. Everyone of their commercials bash Bush, but do not mention Kerry. I support them as they will help keep Kerry from moving to far to the center. like the DLC.

Scarletwine said:
Like the Republicans haven't been doing this for years. It's just pissing them off that Liberals are doing it so successfully finally.

Remember the healthcare reform commmercials with ? and Louise.
Move-on hasn't endorsed Kerry. Everyone of their commercials bash Bush, but do not mention Kerry. I support them as they will help keep Kerry from moving to far to the center. like the DLC.

The past decade the GOP has turned into the poster boy for ADD, they can't seem to remember anything.

Scarletwine said:

that doesn't make it right. i'm not a republican and i still think it sucks - just as much as i think it sucks when other groups, like the ones you listed, do it.

There are more PAC's on earth than I'd care to count. Both sides have played the game for years.

The issue with MoveOn was the alleged coordination between the group and the Kerry campaign. Kerry's hiring of one of MoveOn's directors didn't help dispel the allegation.

nbcrusader said:
There are more PAC's on earth than I'd care to count. Both sides have played the game for years.

The issue with MoveOn was the alleged coordination between the group and the Kerry campaign. Kerry's hiring of one of MoveOn's directors didn't help dispel the allegation.

True. Two wrongs don't make a right. Technically I am an independent myself, not a Democrat.

nbcrusader said:

MoveOn has been around for a long before Kerry. Also I think this country has seen something it hasn't for awhile and that's the ABB movement. When else has there been such a movement, I know liberals who would rather see Pee Wee Herman as president rather than Bush. MoveOn is a liberal organization and they were just doing everything every other liberal was doing and that was making sure we get Bush out. I don't think there is any conspiracy, but on the same note I'm not saying the ABB attitude is right or that I completely agree with these types of relationships. BUT everyone does it and this one is no better or worse than any of the others.

Back
Top Bottom