the jewish in america

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kobayashi

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
can anyone name a good historical reference source for jewish-american relations?
most importantly, i need a good synopsis of how israel especially came to weild the power it does with american governments.

thank you.

I will admit that the site is quite biased in a pro-Israel slant and is not necessarily a historical database, but www.jewishworldreview.com has a lot of commentary in defense of strong Israeil/Western relations. (Please, people, don't call me any names or -isms or anything for supplying that site; I am just trying to help kobyashi out by giving him the first source that came to my mind).

For the historical perspective, you need to study up on the WW2 & post-WW2 era establishment of the Jewish state of Israel, and the role of Jewish-Americans in our political system. It is really an interesting issue in our political system, "transcending boundaries" of liberal/conservative, Republican/Democratic, black/white, etc. For example, Alabama's "black" Congressional district is currently in a runoff for the Democratic primary candidate between incumbent Earl Hilliard and challenger Artur Davis. Hilliard's assertion is that Davis is too pro-Israel because he has accepted donations from Jewish-American PACs, while Davis criticizes Hilliard's support for terrorist and slave states such as Libya and Sudan.

~U2Alabama

You really need to also look at WW1, as this is the origin of the Pro-Israel movement. The defeat of the Ottoman empire had a lot to do with it. As for specific refernce, any comprehensive history book covering the 20 th C, should help you out kobayashi.

hey kobe

well, i don't have a LOT to add to this, but if you're looking into the power that the Jewish people hold in the us government, look at the hold that Christians have too. each have a mainstream power and a more secret, more powerful power.

lemme know if you need more info, i have a lot of Jewish friends that would be more than willing to help.

Do some reading on Theodore Herzel. His trial which I believe was in England (maybe Germany?) really propelled the zionist movement for a jewish state.

CK

PS And don't label me with any isms either.

Back
Top Bottom