The Irony of the Hollywood Liberal Left Protesters..(buckle up-explosive topic)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diamond

ONE love, blood, life
Did it ever occur to the Hollywood Left that protest the War On Terror and
Disarming of Saddam that they in fact contributed to the hatred by these FANATICS thru their-

movies they make.:huh:?
materialism they embrace:huh:?
lifestyle of self indulgence they embrace:huh:?

self greed they crave:huh:
ect
ect
ect..

Its not that hard to connect the dots.

Saddam and Osama, the fundamental whack-jobs they are, abhor EVERYTHING the Hollywood Left protesters love.
I suppose Saddam and Osama will one day send the best Hollywood Left Actor/Protesters/Drama Queens invitations to a thank you banquet..:angry:

I was just thinkin..:|

Great work ya-all..:up::down:
diamond
bruno

Last edited:
LOL...laugh all you want, but films are very conservative in their message. The dominant hegemony is always upheld, minorities are generally portrayed in a very negative light, and women are put in their place.

Study film sometime and you'll understand why I see it this way. It isn't some liberal hegemony like you wish it were.

And wasn't it the Reagan Administration that was all about materialism and greed? :huh:

"Greed is good."

Melon

Last edited:
Hollywood is a greedy corporate machine... they'll cater to whatever they think audiences want.

:|

melon said:
LOL...laugh all you want, but films are very conservative in their message. The dominant hegemony is always upheld, minorities are generally portrayed in a very negative light, and women are put in their place.

Study film sometime and you'll understand why I see it this way. It isn't some liberal hegemony like you wish it were.

Melon

:yes:

:up:

melon said:

Exactly. Same with my beloved Industry. Study music sometime and you will see what I mean.

Now, why is this, melon? Do you think it may be because movies and music (the most expensive and sold ones, with a few critical exceptions) serve to entertain their consumers a lot and "brainwash" them a little by the way (in accordance with lobbying, one hand washes... etc)?

F.e. lets say juvenile X is a little critical of the status quo. He doesn?t know how to define it really, though - not yet. Now instead of getting angry f.e. with malfunctions of our democracies, the fact that he has to work in a job he doesn?t really like, etc., he turns on MTV. He watches the new Eminem joint. Now instead of potentially using his energies for some productivity regarding civil society - which could be displeasing if a lotsa kids do it - his emotions are lived out by listening to the Eminem joint. Plus, maybe he consumes more and gets dependent on the "culture of consuming".

See the point? What do you think?

Last edited:
diamond said:

Its not that hard to connect the dots.

Wouldn't some of those dots lead to you and me and everyone else who buys a movie ticket or CD or concert ticket, which in turns supports these lavish lifestyles and feeds their materialism?

If we didn't pay, they (the Hollywood left you refer to) couldn't play.

If your theory holds, then aren't we all just as responsible?

Re: Re: The Irony of the Hollywood Liberal Left Protesters..(buckle up-explosive topic)

Bono's American Wife said:

Wouldn't some of those dots lead to you and me and everyone else who buys a movie ticket or CD or concert ticket, which in turns supports these lavish lifestyles and feeds their materialism?

If we didn't pay, they (the Hollywood left you refer to) couldn't play.

If your theory holds, then aren't we all just as responsible?

:up:

:yes:

"Explosive", to be sure. But Im not sure in the manner originally intended.. ;)

:wave:

melon said:

And wasn't it the Reagan Administration that was all about materialism and greed? :huh:

"Greed is good."

Melon
Melon is both right and wrong in his post.:|
The film industry runs the gamut of different idealogies.

What is perveted is-
-their payments as entertainers,
-the clout we give them as "all-knowing-gurus" :eyebrow:
-worshipping them as idols..:down:

What is the "liberal-hegemony" is not necessarily the message of the movies, but the mindset of the PEOPLE that make, act and produce them. :huh:

We then have clueless drones that march in in protest because..Madonna said so!:angry::lol:

Reagan and greed and Gordon Gecko are not related Melonhead:angry:
Please separate a good movie script from reality...

BAW-
Good point, to a degree you are right..:)

Soulful-
Correct assesement.

thank u-

Diamond:larry:

I will poke my head in this thread periodically to keep you all correct.

thank u,
diamond
bruno.

Last edited:
I can't even see the point of this thread, other than to erect yet another straw man argument. It's on a par with our dear Prime Minister's (not so) subtle implication that the protesters in the streets are traitors. You know, cause Saddam might take some comfort from it all, or something. Fuck that.

Actually, fuck Hollywood too, but that's another story.

Kieran McConville said:
I

Actually, fuck Hollywood too, but that's another story.
the point exactly, and point of the thread.
this thread was made to encourage ppl to think first instead of follow..
db9:larry:

Last edited:
A Special Treat for Diamond
from tonight at the MusicCares Awards!

BonoBillEdgeMC.jpg

I have decided you all can listen to the Hollywood Elite.
I will listen to my elected leaders..

thanku-
db9
:)

hollywood is rediculous. everyone realizes that.

however, it is refreshing to see them take a stand and not be puppets to the government. dont be mistaken diamond, there are many conservative actors (drew carey, arnold schwart, kelsey grammar to name but a few) who would support the war.

and besides when you have chad krueger of nickelback on side, who else do you need?

gabrielvox said:

:lmao: :lmao:

:lol: :lol:

oh my god...

thats hilarious

well surely youd agree with me that his music has touched millions and that his opinion matters more than mine or yours. :up:

diamond, in all seriousness there is a fair number of conservatives in hollywood.

political idioligists exist in all walks of life, theres no reason why they would be excluded from such a filthy business as entertainment.

have
kids this weekend boss..

we went to The Pretenders for a few hours, we will hook up in the week..

db9

diamond said:
I have decided you all can listen to the Hollywood Elite.
I will listen to my elected leaders..

thanku-
db9
:)

I think it's strange that this thread is started right after I changed my Avatar. I hope it's pure coincidence! Where does Bono fall in your choice of Hollywood Elite or elected leaders?

BostonAnne said:

Where does Bono fall in your choice of Hollywood Elite or elected leaders?

BosAnne-
The educated world knows Bono has a command of the issuses.
His words have credibility.

GMan-
-8th row.
I first saw Pretenders in 1978.
good show:up:

Bear-
Yes their are Conseratives in Hollywood, who's wealth causes hatred and rage from Fundementalists and Religous Fanatics however they arent prancing around at protest rallies after causuing the intail-sp hatred.

Diamond

Diamond....I dont geddit. How on earth can you slap Hollywood with a political label? All Hollywood cares about is money and sex and big tits. Show me how they can be connected and we can start talking about your dots.
:kiss:

Angela Harlem said:
Diamond....I dont geddit. How on earth can you slap Hollywood with a political label? All Hollywood cares about is money and sex and big tits. Show me how they can be connected and we can start talking about your dots.
:kiss:

Angela-
95 per cent of Hollywood=Left.
they live a life of self indulgence.
the fanatics hate self indulgence.
the fanatics attack us because of self indulgence.
the self indulgent left says we should not retaliate and PROTEST when we do.

Bos Anne-
Bono has NOT been protesting the War has he?

Diamond

Back
Top Bottom