The Irony of the Hollywood Liberal Left Protesters..(buckle up-explosive topic)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
anitram said:

That would be fine, had he actually said that. What he said is that he doesn't believe BLAIR is going to war for oil. Bush still might be. :sexywink:

how did i know someone would say something like that :banghead:

and as for the idea that the arrest of mohammed was a pakistani operation...

from cnn.com
"The arrest in Pakistan was a CIA-led operation, according to a senior U.S. official who said the operation was 'ongoing.'"

on a side note... the cleanly shaven mohammed looks like ron jeremey

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:

on a side note... the cleanly shaven mohammed looks like ron jeremey

Poor guy ;)..they could have at least let him comb his hair, huh?

:yuck:

capt.1046641812.terror_chief_pakistan_nyet210.jpg

that is one of the single most asinine things i have ever heard in my life.

I know. The extreme religious right is asinine, and Bush is one of them.

Melon

right... so now this entire iraq thing is just a ploy by george bush and jerry falwell to get rid of the united nations... well you've done it. you've put me at a loss for words. i really don't know how to respond to that... i'm stupafied

No...it's called Bush gets what he wants either way. If he gets UN cooperation, he gets legitimacy. If he doesn't, he gets to cast aside the UN as "irrelevant"--which is what I think he wants anyway. It's no secret that Republicans hate the UN, and refused to appropriate money for annual payments to the UN that was required of us in the 1990s.

Falwell's support of Israel was clearly outlined on "60 Minutes II." In his twisted mind, it fulfilled a "prophesy" (although I'd love to know his sources) where a Middle East conflict would kill 2/3 of the Jews in Israel and the other 1/3 would convert to Christianity. It was, in his words, a "win-win situation." I see anti-Semitism is alive and well in the religious right.

And it's "stupified."

Melon

a very cool cat with....

44387.jpg

..questionable hair..:angry:;) :dance:

Mr Bono,wrong day to have a bad-hair day! :angry:
;)
your
friend,

diamond
:dance:

Last edited:
let me REITERATE..

diamond said:
furthurmore-
6 weapons..:hmm:?

thats like Imelda Marcos surrendering 6 pairs of shoes to the shoe police after 12 patient years:angry:
not even "the tip of an iceberg"..:angry:

thank u
DB9

in REALITY as Imelda had thousands of pairs of shoes, Saddam has about as many dangerous weapons..
and all you gullible apologists do is coddle him and make excuses for the bastard.:angry::down:

Im now inserting Rush's "Red Alert" song into my stereo and blasting it.

thank u-

Diamond

HOLLYWOOD VS. AMERICA
Martin Sheen gets avalanche
of hate mail
Claims NBC execs worry his anti-war stance will hurt 'West Wing'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: March 2, 2003
9:43 p.m. Eastern

By Joe Kovacs
? 2003 WorldNetDaily.com

MartinSheen1.jpg

Actor Martin Sheen says he's received an avalanche of hate mail and has been accosted on the street for his public stance against the war on Iraq.

Actor Martin Sheen (photo: Hollywood.com)

The star of NBC's "West Wing" program also believes network executives are concerned that his outspoken views may harm viewership of his show.

In a report in today's Los Angeles Times, Sheen claims critics have demanded NBC fire him. The show's staff has been "100 percent supportive," but top network executives have "let it be known they're very uncomfortable with where I'm at" on the war, he said.

Sheen also told the Times the furor "doesn't make me comfortable, but I must be doing something right." He added that he decided long ago it was more important to follow his personal convictions than to be on the "winning side."

NBC spokeswoman Rebecca Marks told the Associated Press she knows of "no concern among top management at NBC regarding Mr. Sheen's stand against the war or fear that it could impact the show."

Sheen is among a group of entertainers campaigning against any military conflict with Iraq. He even starred in a recent commercial plugging the so-called Virtual War on Washington, stating "Don't invade Iraq. Inspections work."

As WorldNetDaily reported last week, a Los Angeles radio station is sponsoring a Virtual War on Hollywood, to encourage ordinary citizens to flood actors, singers and talent agencies with their own thoughts.

"These [celebrities] are abusing their stature and they need to be informed that there is a lot of America who vehemently disagrees with them," said KFI-AM host John Kobylt. "They need to be put back in their place. They need to understand where they are in the great food chain of life."

Meanwhile, two actors at the forefront of the public-relations battle went head to head on NBC's "Meet the Press" today.

"Law & Order" star Fred Thompson, a former Republican senator from Tennessee, has created his own commercial backing President Bush's efforts to disarm Saddam Hussein. He squared off against Mike Farrell, who is best known for his portrayal of a U.S. surgeon in the Korean War TV series "M*A*S*H."

Farrell is in agreement with Sheen, that there should be no military conflict at this point, since he believes U.N. weapons inspections are having success:

The inspectors were not thrown out by Saddam Hussein in 1998. They were pulled out by President Clinton. That was a choice that President Clinton made. The inspectors that have been put back in have been put back in under a different, more stringent and more muscular, if you will, mandate. The inspectors have more highly sensitive and highly technologically developed instruments at their disposal. The inspectors have found, with the cooperation, let me just add, of Saddam Hussein, these al-Samoud missiles, which technically violate the U.N.-imposed standards and, therefore, are being destroyed.
What is happening is, whether we like to admit it or not, there is a degree of cooperation from Saddam Hussein, but because of the sophistication and capability of the inspections team, cooperation is not necessary. What is necessary is to keep the inspections teams in the country, expand them to the degree necessary, and continue their operations so that we can strip this man of all weapons of mass destruction, and otherwise, that are unacceptable to the international community. To insist that what we need to do is invade this country, killing, as the government has now admitted, thousands of Iraqi civilians, endangering the lives of our troops, expending horrendous amounts of money and, if former Senator ? forgive me ? Thompson is concerned about the 200,000 troops now on the ground around Iraq, let me suggest that General Shinseki says it's going to cost hundreds of thousands of troops in the country to maintain the occupation that we will be required to uphold. And that is something that has not been budgeted for, and the American people haven't been told about the expense of it.

None of this is necessary if we can simply ? this man is incarcerated, Saddam Hussein, by the surrounding troops, the overflights, the inspectors, etc. He can do no harm to anyone. Let's keep him that way at a cost much less than the war, and at a cost of much less bloodshed, and let's keep him that way while we go about pursuing the real villain in this who is Osama bin Laden, who some now call Osama bin Forgotten.

Thompson responded by challenging each assertion made by Farrell:

Oh, my goodness, where do you start? As far as saying that Saddam doesn't need to cooperate, that really still continually surprises. All of our inspectors say that it will never work unless he does. The U.N. resolution, which I thought we were trying to enhance and be supportive of as a country, and those on the other side were ? 1441 says last chance, you've got to prove to us that you have done what you said that you would do as a condition for our not going to Baghdad in 1991. So, of course, he is supposed to do that and he must do that. And to let Saddam Hussein off the hook because he is a little less of a tyrant than Osama bin Laden is bizarre, to say the least. The inspectors were thrown out in 1998. I wonder why they think that President Clinton chose to bomb Iraq for four days at that particular time? And, by the way, I didn't see anybody taking to the streets at that point protesting innocent civilians.

poor Martin Sheen. boo-hoo:angry:

diamond

Last edited:
Sounds like Martin Sheen has a great publicist - paper the file so he looks like a victim. Next time he doesn't get a role, it must be his stance on Iraq.

diamond said:
nb-
yep.

him and sean penn.
boo
hoo;)

DB9
Im sure that-
Andrew Dice Clay
Michael Jackson
and Donny Osmond

all have their 'why I was blacklisted' by Hollywood excuses",
instead of taking accountablity for their own actions.:|

DB9

nbcrusader said:
Sounds like Martin Sheen has a great publicist - paper the file so he looks like a victim. Next time he doesn't get a role, it must be his stance on Iraq.

Of course that will be the reason...I'm sure Sean Penn can provide him with the name of a good attorney so he can file his own 10 million dollar lawsuit. :rolleyes:

melon said:

Quite frankly, I think that's exactly what Bush wants. He doesn't expect the UN to agree, and he'll use it as an opportunity to summarily dismiss the UN, which would please his religious right followers (who see the UN as the personification of the seven-horned beast in Revelation).

Melon

Ohhh...I'm liking this direction...and wasn't the League of Nations similarily deposed?

Well if we're going to go down the Revelation prophecy path, isn't the wild beast supposed to first turn on the 'great harlot' aka Babylon the Great? So who is that, and when does this happen?

Personally, I want ringside seats...

:D

gabrielvox said:

No, your take on Bono's opinion of the war was.

:wave:

You're right... i'm an absolute looney for believing that Bono, who although he is against the war, believes that people who think this war is all about oil are dead wrong, even though he did give this exact quote...

"What I don't agree with are those who make this out to be simple or conspiratorial, like it's all about oil. I don't believe that, OK? I just don't buy the conspiracy. "

liberals...:scratch::shrug::banghead:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom