The "I hate...." Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Golightly Grrl said:

I hate that since I was mugged and beaten last year, I have grown more fearful and less self-confident. My self-esteem is in shreds and sometimes the tears are too close to the surface.

I'm so sorry that happened to you :hug: It hasn't happened to me but I know about self-esteem issues in general. For what it's worth I think you are SO funny and clever, such a good writer, and a nice person from what I've seen around here. I hate that that happened to you.

My thing I hate for today is when people who are so free to criticize others and say they are wrong about so many things can't take it when someone says they are wrong.

I also hate that I let thoughts about someone creep in today when I do my best not to do that and it really is such a waste of my time to beat myself up over it. I know that intellectually, or do I? Blech.

One more, I forgot. I also hate that I couldn't find the Vanity Fair w/ Anderson Cooper anywhere today :angry:

Last edited:
MrsSpringsteen said:
I saw the first shirtless Brad, there was more? I missed the kissing too, they showed more kissing in the commercial. I know she said she would be FWB w/ him, sounds like a good plan to me :wink:

And my loyalty remains w/ Spader, no matter how many times Brad takes his shirt off

The "benefits" kick in at the end of the show. They need to show more of her assets.

If i were either gay or a woman, I'd totally want Spader. Maybe I already do:eyebrow:

BorderGirl said:

And how do you know THAT'S accurate?
It sounds like you might be a little bias???

I have no bias, ever:wink: No, kidding....as far as this issue goes, I'm just a white honky. Sure, I've studied Chicano/Chicana literature.
The writings in Broken Spears are not accurate. The writers were censored by Spaniards, so they tend to be semi-friendly about the Spaniards. Even still, the actions of the Spaniards were deplorable.

I hate when people who have had privilege all their life take so much for granted and don't appreciate it and realise how lucky they are :mad:

i hate terri
i hate myself
i hate ego's
i hate chavs
i hate governments\
i hate dating sites
i hate my brother

blueyedpoet said:

If i were either gay or a woman, I'd totally want Spader. Maybe I already do:eyebrow:

I LOVE that, you have superior taste :D Can't blame you one iota, that's for sure.

I hate it when people are one person to others and a completely different person to those they are trying to impress,manipulate,get into bed :wink: whatever.

I hate it when some women treat other women like crap but are a completely different person around men.

MrsSpringsteen, thank you so much for your kind words. They have really lifted my spirits and I really appreciate the comments you made about my writing. Thanks.

And I hate our unpredictable Wisconsin weather. Yesterday it was very warm and sunny and today it's overcast and cold. Ugh.

MrsSpringsteen said:

I LOVE that, you have superior taste :D Can't blame you one iota, that's for sure.

I hate it when people are one person to others and a completely different person to those they are trying to impress,manipulate,get into bed :wink: whatever.

I hate it when some women treat other women like crap but are a completely different person around men.

He is by far the most interesting character on the show. Plus, I can't get over that secretary movie :wink:

I hate when people manipulate me into bed to :wink:...oh wait, no I don't.

Golightly Grrl said:
thank you so much for your kind words. They have really lifted my spirits and I really appreciate the comments you made about my writing. Thanks.

You're welcome :) :hug:

I hate dealing with petty people who make me want to go live on a deserted island

I hate waking up with a crick in my neck

I hate that I can't lose weight

I hate shaving my legs

Glad you can see things that way illumination! :wink: It has become a selfish, nasty world overall compared to maybe 20 yrs ago (altho' i know that some people were just as bad then but it got worse i think!)

*Waits for someone to tell me i sound like an old fogey! :happy:

I hate most people . :grumpy:

But the few I like, I like a lot. :)

^ I think the same way too as it seems the masses are asses as the old phrase goes! :der:

It's a fairly rare thing to find a decent or intelligent human being these days! :tsk: :sigh:

I hate snow
I hate bigotry
I hate racism
I hate hatred even though I have some of it
I hate Ann Coulter
I hate Sean Hannity
I hate terrorism
I hate oil companies
I hate people who think global warming is not a threat
I hate Jack Abramoff
I hate the New York Yankees
I hate Green Day
I hate writing lists of things I hate :huh:, I would rather be writing lists of things I love :yes:

I hate homework
I hate essays
I hate projects
I hate test/quizzes
I hate group projects

and I hate rap music :|

I hate that I've never gotten tickets for a U2 concert
I hate that I don't own all of U2's CDs
I hate the Dallas Cowboys
I hate Dallas fans/cockroaches
I hate everything to do with New York
I hate people who think John Kerry wouldn't have screwed America much worse than George W. Bush
I hate the city of Dallas which I was in recently and it was boring as hell
I hate Barry Bonds
I hate John Madden for kissing up to Brett Favre like it was in his job description
I hate whoever killed Ghandi
I hate the cop who stopped U2's concert on the roof in LA
I hate whoever hit me in the face with a football at last week's party
I hate any television shows like Entertainment Tonight
I hate car commercials
I hate my computer's viruses
I hate cottage cheese for not having a damn thing to do with a cottage
I hate rap music

^

You two are gonna get into trouble for saying you hate rap music. You aren't allowed to hate a whole genre of music. :eyebrow:

...but I guess I'll have to get in trouble with you, 'cause I can't stand the stuff either. :wink:

I hate it when some people are on Interference just to be self-appointed forum police and be :censored: to other people-and don't seem to have anything else to contribute other than that. It's very annoying.

^ I know EXACTLY what you're saying&i hate that too :mad: :madspit:

Self-righteous :censored: who shall remain nameless or i'd be banned :| Not worth it!

I hate when friends of mine hurt and I am utterly powerless to help. :(

I hate the fact that people hate others because of their politics or religion (as long as it's not ultra-crazytown) instead of simply disagreeing with them.
I hate sprawl and McMansions.
I hate Diet Soda.
I hate the Eagles (band, not the bird).
I hate the Presidency of GWB.....though
I hate that people consider him pure evil on par with Hitler himself.
I hate extremism and how American culture has been overrun by it.
I hate that Red State/Blue State shit. And that seeing-things-in-black-and-white shit
I hate MTV.
I hate that people take Ann Coulter seriously.
I hate the Michael Moore and Cindy Sheehan are the most recognizable spokespeople for the anti-war movement.
I hate that people think Jay Leno is funny.
I hate that people think Family Guy is comic genius on par with the Simpsons and Southpark.
I hate when people have orange fingers from eating cheetos.
I hate when people have no sense of humor.
I hate that Arrested Development got cancelled.
I hate the U2 song "Grace".
I hate the Barry Bonds has cheeted himself into the record books.
I hate that people lionize Che Gueverra without knowing anything about him.
I hate that people still think Bush is really an Evangelical Christian.
I hate that politicians who are quite tolerant of gay people in their personal lives use anti-gay legislation and homophobia to "fire up the base".
I hate twizzlers.
I hate Sketchers sneakers.
I hate the fact that you "had to have" that Hummer.
I hate knee-jerk reactions.
I hate jail time for non-violent offenders.
I hate the "war on drugs".
I hate that so many celebrities should never have become famous.
I hate that people consider Hollywood a mecca for Radical liberalism and not moderatly liberal capitalism.
I hate the attitudes of many University professors.
I hate any candy containing coconut.
I hate that I had such a good time writing this :D

indra said:
^

You two are gonna get into trouble for saying you hate rap music. You aren't allowed to hate a whole genre of music. :eyebrow:

...but I guess I'll have to get in trouble with you, 'cause I can't stand the stuff either. :wink:

same here :D

MrsSpringsteen said:
I hate it when some people are on Interference just to be self-appointed forum police and be :censored: to other people-and don't seem to have anything else to contribute other than that. It's very annoying.

It's sick. I hate it too. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom