The "I hate...." Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hate the biggies, war, poverty, any type of -ism.

I also hate willful ignorance, when people don't have any type of curiousity to learn anything.

I hate how intelligence, compassion, good manners, and thoughtfulness aren't considered good traits for women to have in our Paris Hilton world.

Speaking of Paris Hilton, I'm sick of people being famous just for famous. What do some of these people do? Do they act, sing, write, direct, design? All I know is they are very good at generating publicity for themselves. Meanwhile, very talented people are living in obscurity.

I hate Dr. Laura.

I hate the entire Bush administration.

I hate the huge gulf between the haves and the have nots.

I hate bullies.

I hate people who sit on their high horse, convinced they have all the answers, but do nothing to make this world better or help improve the lives of others.

I hate my great Aunt who hasn't even come to visit my Grandfather who's ill in hospital with pancreatic cancer - her brother could die and she doesn't give a flying fuck :mad:

I hate that those who believe in the 'rapture' (our President among them, it seems) are willing to destroy the earth because God is going to yank them and other righteous among us up to heaven any day now.

Assuming that we live to see another administration come to office, I personally doubt that another Evangelical Christian will ever be elected to such an important position. It's too damn scary to know that someone with such a tenuous grip on reality has such great power.

Total U2 Nut said:
I hate my great Aunt who hasn't even come to visit my Grandfather who's ill in hospital with pancreatic cancer - her brother could die and she doesn't give a flying fuck :mad:

Why don't people care about family anymore? I am watching a similar situation. Two of my aunts, seemingly, could care less about my grandpa dying. So much for family values.

U2democrat said:
Wanna know what I REALLY hate???

.'s :mad:

blueyedpoet said:

's = indicates possessive, possessions

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

deep said:

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

Oh, see I was confused as to what she meant. I asked myself, "apostrophe s?"
Way to look beyond the obvious, self!
Thanks deep...you really are.:wink:

deep said:

I have a feeling it's more of a grammatical grudge than anything with a higher purpose.

A lot of people will write plural words like "your's" and it is pretty irritating.

Melon

I hate that chatting on msn has refined my keyboarding skills to the point where I can type faster then I think so my spelling, grammar and punctuation have gone to shit and it has spilled over into regular email and posts etc where I also hate repeatedly proofreading what I write so I try to keep everything concise.

I call it chat dyslexia.

I hate chat dyslexia.

AliEnvy said:
I hate that chatting on msn has refined my keyboarding skills to the point where I can type faster then I think so my spelling, grammar and punctuation have gone to shit and it has spilled over into regular email etc.

I call it chat dyslexia.

I hate chat dyslexia.

where I can type faster then I think

than

:wave:

AliEnvy said:
See!!!!!

I think then/than has become my worst grammatical enemy since endeavouring into cyberspace.

no, no...when someone points out errors like that, you've got to redefine what you just said. I can type faster (but) then.....

It seems to have worked fairly well for the Bush administration.

I hate all the ills of the world, don't we all, although I'm not really sure you can just hate poverty and hunger.

There are things I think I hate in others, but a lot of the time what I really hate is myself and how I react to them.

I hate Jonathon Papelbon's new haircut, wtf is that? :no:

BDD_JP_hair_4.22.jpg

But I love that he said he only answers to his wife about it.

It's called winning a bet he made with Youkilis. Plus, he's drawing inspiration from Rick Vaughn from Major League. I dig it.

Last edited:
i have a new one!

i strongly dislike The Passion of the Christ.

finally saw it over the weekend, and thought it was the nastiest, most sadistic movie i've ever seen. i mean, really. NO ONE would have survived the scouring; they'd have passed out from pain and then died of blood loss long before the beatings were over, let alone drag a cross up a hill.

wasn't sure what it had to do with Jesus. it just seemed to be a horror movie with your standard "oh-no-it-can't-get-worse-oh-no-it-just-got-worse" shock moments. several times i had to put my hands over my eyes and yelled "ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!" as if it were freaking Friday the 13th or something.

like, i'd heard it was vile. and if i had been in the theater, and not at home, i would have walked out.

Here's one which has been eating at me lately.
I hate self-righteous people who've always had the best luck and they feel they have the God-given right to judge others who are less-fortunate.

^^ illumination :bow: You have said what i wanted to say perfectly! Some people around here just don't know how damn lucky they really are :tsk: :shame:

Oh and i hate conservatives too melon!

Back
Top Bottom