The Great Kid Debate - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2007, 01:08 PM   #41
Acrobat

Local Time: 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
Just curious, you seem to have a desire to help nurture older kids. Any chance you have entertained adopting an older child?

I say this because I was adopted, and I am so thankful for the fact that I was given a chance that some are not fortunate enough to get.

Just a thought.

Your personal choice shows great maturity.
Not a chance. 'Nurture' is not a word in my vocabulary, in relation to human beings, sad to say. That' I'm rather good at being helpful to teenagers is kind of incidental, not something I strive to do. These kids just like talking to me, and I'm usually willing to shut up and listen to them for as long as they need to talk. But that's about the extent of my nurturing nature where humans are concerned. Don't get me wrong, it's a fine idea to adopt older children, and I encourage it for people who /do/ want to help out kids that way. I just know I do not have the personality to do it long term. I'm all too likely to lose my temper and start snapping necks. I can't put up with children for very long, even when I /like/ them. I mean, my nephews and nieces refer to me as the aunt they never see. I like them, but I just don't..bother with them..much, poor rats.