The Gay Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to take a look at the article, but when I click on the link in the iPhone app it constantly redirects me to some "Twitter Widget Log Helper" thing and I can't stop it from doing it :shrug:

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I was reading Right Wing Watch this morning (it's a blog run by People for the American Way that tracks the horribly bigoted things prominent right-wingers say) and they found this column that was the typical bigoted screed against LGBTQ people. What was interesting is that the column quoted a U2 song. And not just any U2 song, but the original version of Mercy.

Here's the quote from the column: "In his song 'Mercy,' Bono stated that love is 'charity and brings with it a clarity.'"

And here's a link to the Right Wing Watch article about the column: Pastor Claims Ellen DeGeneres' Marriage Is Destroying America | Right Wing Watch

lol, nicely misquoted. Love is justice, NOT charity is the original lyric. :lol:

Tomczak writes in his column today that he was merely trying to create a respectful and civil dialogue regarding homosexuality, before insisting that Ellen and her “partner” (scare quotes his) are harming children and their caregivers.

Yeaaaa, something's not right here..

The true Christian Church must stand as a "sign of contradiction" amidst ever-changing cultural trends. With kindness and courage we must remain faithful to the truth, whether it is popular or not.
Yes... you should remain faithful to the truth. First start seeing it perhaps???

I'd like to take a look at the article, but when I click on the link in the iPhone app it constantly redirects me to some "Twitter Widget Log Helper" thing and I can't stop it from doing it :shrug:

It does that to me too, so I just click the link to open it in Safari.

My warmest congratulations !!

I wish you and Memphis and all of your loved ones the very best.

I feel somewhat a part of this wonderful day through our many interactions on this board over the years.

:hug:

We've only met once (St Pats 2007 NYC), but I remember how great of a couple you guys both seemed at the time, glad it has worked out so well for you both. All the best!

Congrats, Irvine. Good luck to you and Memphis. Prove all of the "homosexuality will desecrate the sanctity of marriage" types wrong by having a long, fulfilling relationship (which, from what I can tell, you already have).

Last edited:
Having seen you argue here so passionately and eloquently (and patiently - I don't know if I'd be able to weather people telling me I didn't deserve equal treatment as gracefully as you have) for your own rights over the years, it's really awesome to see you able to enjoy them, Irvine.

Marriage is great - many happy years to you both! :up:

While FYM had nothing to do with my actual decision to get married (we'll be a couple 10 years this summer) having the space to work out and create cogent arguments for my own legal equality -- and how persuasive the arguments simply were, that's why we've won -- gave me a glimmer of hope that, yes, this might one day be possible. That gay relationships can have real structure, meaning, and purpose, and that, yes, you are worth recognizing and celebrating. Having posted in here since early 2004, the year W used SSM to tip the scales in Ohio, it's been thrilling to watch our breathtaking progress, both in the US and around the world. And in the end, for all the long posts I've written, the lasting argument is the simplest: love is love. Most people want and need to create a family, and to legally give themselves "backup" -- a first-responder, if you will -- and also to be the same for someone else. We all want somebody to love. And we go from there.

It's all so simple. What were we ever worried about?

Sent from

That goes against everything in the oath this doctor should have taken.

Shitty doctor, shitty human being...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom