The FYM Democratic Primary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which Democratic Presidential candidate are you voting for?

• U.S. Sen. Joseph R. "Joe" Biden, Jr. (D-DE)

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • U.S. Sen. Hillary R. Clinton (D-NY)

Votes: 27 26.0%
  • U.S. Sen. Christopher J. "Chris" Dodd (D-CT)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 'VP 04 nominee / ex-U.S. Sen. John R. Edwards (D-NC)

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • ex-U.S. Sen. Maurice "Mike" Gravel (D-AK)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • '04 candidate / U.S. Rep. Dennis J. Kucinich (D-OH)

Votes: 22 21.2%
  • U.S. Sen. Barack H. Obama (D-IL)

Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Gov. William B. "Bill" Richardson (D-NM)

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Other - Write In

Votes: 5 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
Try and take this poll seriously, I'd like to get an accurate read on how people are leaning here. Please stick to your party, and if you are Independent only vote once. Thanks :D

In 2 months I'll post another poll as it gets closer to the primaries and candidates will probably have dropped out.

If you write in, say who.

Last edited:
Theoretically, I probably would vote for Kucinich as he comes closest to my political views.
But I don't want to warp the result. :)

I've eliminated people but have not chosen yet. Honestly at this point, I'm between 4 or 5 people. I'll probably vote for the Democrat nominee in the general, but haven't been enthralled by anybody to change my status so I can vote in the primary.

I'm not registered to vote in the United States due to age, and thus am not affiliated with any political party, but it's cool if I still vote on this, right?

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Take a look again...

Currently 2 threads down.

Conservatives, you have to show them everything.:wink:

Ok, ok, sorry. Cut me some slack, I just got back from class.

Allow me to at least insert my two cents here. If I had to vote for one, I would pick Biden. He seems to be the only Democrat who opposes a sudden mass troop withdrawal. I suppose among all the Democrats, I agree with him the most, at least regarding abortion, illegal immigration, etc. As a matter of fact, if in some bizarre way it ended up being Ron Paul vs. Biden, he would get my vote.

It's probably not a good sign when I don't feel like casting my vote for any of them. Given the field, I'd probably vote for Obama because he represents the greatest chance of not having the business as usual politics. Although, if Al Gore decided to run, then I'd be hitching myself to his wagon.

My favorite statistic here is the lack of support for John Edwards. It's amazing that he's supposed to be third in the race.

Don't really like any of them. Kucinich has some good ideas but he comes across as unhinged to me and a little divorced from reality. Although I do like that he's just about the only politician on the continent willing to actually say that NAFTA should be abolished.

President Hillary will win either way.

Well, as a New Zealander resident in Australia, I'm not exactly voting, but if I were, Kucinich would get my vote with little hesitation. He seems to be the only candidate who is actually left as opposed to centrist (at least to my sensibilities, but I know we're generally more left down here in the first place).

However, realistically, I don't see Kucinich having a hope in hell of winning the presidency. Out of those who have a realistic chance, Obama for sure. I can't stand Clinton or Edwards.

MrsSpringsteen said:
I have no idea yet-is that bad?

I haven't decided either. I'm leaning towards Kucinich and, more recently, I'm liking Edwards more. All I know for sure is that it won't be Hillary, who I feel is the most Republican of the candidates and has the least integrity.

joyfulgirl said:

I haven't decided either. I'm leaning towards Kucinich and, more recently, I'm liking Edwards more. All I know for sure is that it won't be Hillary, who I feel is the most Republican of the candidates and has the least integrity.

Why do you feel that she has the least integrity? Just curious.

BostonAnne said:

Why do you feel that she has the least integrity? Just curious.

She'll take whichever side serves her current needs politically.

Back
Top Bottom