The F$$d P$lice are C$ming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
do you not read on purpose?

Rush wasn't talking about pop corn either. he was trashing "government."

and, finally, it doesn't matter how "good" coconut oil is for you -- the serving sizes at the movie theater are unhealthy for anyone.

You should really relax.

From the link I posted:

"And among one of the food products that they succeeded in banning was called coconut oil. They succeeded in having coconut oil banned from the use of popping popcorn, particularly in movie theaters and other places, concession stand areas where popcorn was sold. They said it was high in polyunsaturated fat, stuff would clog you up so bad that coconut oil is what they would scrape out of you during a bypass operation."

I think movie theater popcorn smells gross. I go to the movies almost every week and that's one of my negatives.

I never buy anything at the movies, I bring my own water and snack in my purse. Sometimes I need a snack because my blood sugar can feel low. But the prices are ridiculous and the smells can make you nauseous.

Do you think it's the evil liberal Commie tree-hugging vegans who spoke out against coconut oil because they want you to eat a diet of quinoa and flaxseed or maybe, just maybe, it was the CORPORATE VEGETABLE OIL LOBBY that had a hand in this?

By the way, the anti-coconut oil studies were carried out in the 1950s. You know, your golden era.

Do you think it's the evil liberal Commie tree-hugging vegans who spoke out against coconut oil because they want you to eat a diet of quinoa and flaxseed or maybe, just maybe, it was the CORPORATE VEGETABLE OIL LOBBY that had a hand in this?

By the way, the anti-coconut oil studies were carried out in the 1950s. You know, your golden era.

I think you also need to relax.

Movie popcorn use to taste really good before the ban.

*pass the salt :wave:

*pass the salt :wave:

what rare and special knowledge you possess.

if you wouldn't end your posts with so many smug, triumphantalist :wave: i think you'd get a lot of people who'd be less hostile to your claims on a better, tastier past that no one else seems to have been lucky enough to have gown up in.

in any event, the Rush article wasn't saying what you wish it said, and neither was the NYT article.

what rare and special knowledge you possess.

if you wouldn't end your posts with so many smug, triumphantalist :wave: i think you'd get a lot of people who'd be less hostile to your claims on a better, tastier past that no one else seems to have been lucky enough to have gown up in.

What about the popcorn?

the iron horse said:
I think you also need to relax.

If people disagree with you it doesn't necessarily mean they're getting worked up. It could just mean that they find your "proof" doesn't match your premise.

Besides, repeating the same thing over and over again, regardless of input, and then unnecessarily telling people to calm down is counterproductive to meaningful discussion.

I know this poster doesn't need a cogent argument, just a warm glass of organic goat's milk, a grilled cheese sandwich made with unpasteurized, free-market cheese, a smug wavey smiley, and the disappointing gradesheets for my underachieving black students.

:D :wave:

etb4M.jpg

I know this poster doesn't need a cogent argument, just a warm glass of organic goat's milk, a grilled cheese sandwich made with unpasteurized, free-market cheese
Dairy products create mucus and mess up your throat. :hyper:

a smug wavey smiley, and the disappointing gradesheets for my underachieving black students.
I once had a teacher that for every failed test that she graded, she would staple a Burger King application along with it and hand it over to the student that failed the test.

All black students are a failure at school though... :rolleyes: and yet we still find a large portion working at Burger King nonetheless.

How would you feel if I told you that we should bring back slavery because I'm tired of lazy blacks?

One final comment on movie popcorn.

I know some here, might not remember, but it use
to taste really great until the Food Police declared
coconut oil was high in fat and would kill you.

The theater chains quickly switched oils and some even tried
air popped popcorn. That was really tasteless.

Hopefully things might be coming back to some common sense.

Once a Villain, Coconut Oil Charms the Health Food World
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/02/dining/02Appe.html?pagewanted=all

Fascinating.

If I understand correctly, everything from bygone days is good (raw milk, coconut oil popcorn, cigarrettes, cane sugar etc).

Everything post-Sixties is evil (high fructose corn syrup, olive oil and what have you).

I find your perspective most unusual. Do you ever wonder if such positioning is actually logical though?

Fascinating.

If I understand correctly, everything from bygone days is good (raw milk, coconut oil popcorn, cigarrettes, cane sugar etc).

Everything post-Sixties is evil (high fructose corn syrup, olive oil and what have you).

I find your perspective most unusual. Do you ever wonder if such positioning is actually logical though?

I just posted my thoughts on popcorn and why
it taste better popped in coconut oil.

I'm not the one stuck in time. (or an ideology)

I'm ready to read anything you have to say or link to post
on raw milk or high fructose corn syrup.

Please do.

If you eat caramel corn (or divinity, or pralines, or brittle) then you eat corn syrup; like many other candies they're virtually always made with it, and traditionally have been since the 19th century. At those cooking temps it can otherwise get very difficult to prevent crystallization, which ruins the texture.

Would reading anything change your opinion on how coconut oil popcorn tastes?

So then why do think it would change my opinion on the taste of raw milk?

So please stop with your smug hypocrisy.

I posted a good book, in my opinion, on the subject of milk.

I thought you and others might like to take a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom