The F$$d P$lice are C$ming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the fact that food companies and such get to have any say in what kids eat at school is ridiculous. school lunches aren't a business. i'm not saying get rid of pizza altogether, but there needs to be more healthy choices rather than some crappy salad bar no one wants to use.

I'm trying to guess how our friend Iron Horse will read this latest development:

Another example of Nanny State Food Police getting in our business?

Or another example of a betrayal old-timey values when milk was raw, sugar was from the cane, and vegetables were vegetables, not sauce?

IH. . .I eagerly await your verdict . . . :wink:

I'm trying to guess how our friend Iron Horse will read this latest development:

Another example of Nanny State Food Police getting in our business?

Or another example of a betrayal old-timey values when milk was raw, sugar was from the cane, and vegetables were vegetables, not sauce?

IH. . .I eagerly await your verdict . . . :wink:

My verdict?

I think I'm going to the fridge and pour myself a fresh glass of raw
milk before I comment further.

Thankfully, I still live in a state where this is not a crime.

Hurry up with the milk. I'm genuinely curious! :)

Appreciated the standard raw milk shout-out though :wink:

I'm smoking an unfiltered cigarette right now, guys, while wearing a silk smoking jacket. The funny part is, you don't know for sure that I'm joking.

I'm smoking an unfiltered cigarette right now, guys, while wearing a silk smoking jacket. The funny part is, you don't know for sure that I'm joking.

If you are smoking, you made a wise choice with the unfiltered
cigarette.

You will be less likely to deeply inhale and treating the smoke as a fine
cigar, you will smoke less.

And less means you will soon find yourself going days or weeks
without a smoke.

It's easy.

Smoke only by choice, not habit.

Kieran McConville said:

Are you sampling some fine Australian indie-folk as well?

laugh
but that is how I have always smoked, I will admit sparingly, mostly while drinking and having a woman over that did both

I know many people that are addicted to both tobacco and alcohol
and many that use them upon occasion and are not.

I do enjoy a nicotine bump and a caffeine bump
these days I am doing mostly the caffeine

it's a choice, I am pro-choice

laugh
but that is how I have always smoked, I will admit sparingly, mostly while drinking and having a woman over that did both

I know many people that are addicted to both tobacco and alcohol
and many that use them upon occasion and are not.

I do enjoy a nicotine bump and a caffeine bump
these days I am doing mostly the caffeine

it's a choice, I am pro-choice
I consider myself a non-smoker in my everyday life, but I have been known to duck outside a noisy bar / club for a cig and a chat with someone I meet. Ironic that the only place to meet and discuss with interesting people going out these days is a small circle huddled around a heat source outside a bar.

They really need a third degree of smoking preference:

[ . ] Smokes
[ . ] Only smokes socially / when drinking
[ x ] Only smokes with cute girls

That's where I'm at as well. I would never go out and buy a pack of cigarettes, but if a cute girl offers me one, who am I to turn it down?

If you're going to San Francisco, don't wear a Happy Meal
in your hair with a toy.

*iron strumming a broken guitar and remembering when Hippies use
to believe in freedom.

Some of those Hippies, it seems, are now in charge of the city and have decided to ban Happy Meals with a toy and trying to pressure resturants into more changes.

But Mickie Ds fights back with a dime:
McDonald's will charge for Happy Meal toys in SF

a4XvY.jpg

:D

So what's this thread still pushing? That we should use our freedom to spend public money to feed fat-ass little fucks deep-fried pureed meat bits scraped off of chicken bones by an industrial metal sieve?

Yay!

Bit off-topic, but one thing that really surprised me when living in China was the speed with which East Asians have taken to dairy products, and in particular dairy-based sweets--there's a fridge case full of flavored yogurt drinks and serving-size ice creams in every 7-Eleven and minimart, Western-style butter-based pastries are widely available at snack stalls and coffee/tea houses, and even the shops selling traditional local desserts often substitute sweetened condensed milk for coconut milk, almond milk and soymilk in puddings and sweet sauces nowadays (as I learned the hard way...). I did get the impression most older people remain uninterested in dairy, and no one at all seemed to have warmed much to cheese and milk yet (except in the Philippines), but younger people certainly looked to be gobbling sweet dairy foods on a regular basis, throughout East and Southeast Asia. Of course, whether that's a nutritionally desirable development is another story, but I can no longer take seriously the old blanket canard that "(East) Asians can't digest dairy."

I'm not personally aware of evidence that moderate consumption of dairy harms most people in and of itself; however, if you (that's general "you") tend towards overweight and know that realistically a structured approach will work better for you than a freewheeling "everything in moderation" philosophy, dairy's not a bad place to cut, since it's so easy to get the nutrients it offers from other, more nutrient-dense foods, without the accompanying dairy fat and sugar. North Americans, like many other Westerners, tend to be pretty attached to the stuff though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom