The End is Nigh: US Presidential Election Thread Part XVI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dammit, CNN where are those promised Wisconsin votes?

I'm so fucking antsy.

Look, I know I harp up the "the media is sensationalist" thing a lot...

But turn off the TV. You're not doing yourself any good. They want you to keep hope. It isn't there.

idk if I'd call Trump supporters part of a "conservative mindset." He just ran the CHANGE campaign again and it worked. Not as well as it did for Obama, but well enough to get to 270, thanks in large part to the "dirt" on Hillary and some poor choices made by her campaign.

The irony is that Obama's approval rating is comfortably above 50%. I firmly believe Biden would have slammed the door on this nonsense had he ran.

idk if I'd call Trump supporters part of a "conservative mindset." He just ran the CHANGE campaign again and it worked. Not as well as it did for Obama, but well enough to get to 270, thanks in large part to the "dirt" on Hillary and some poor choices made by her campaign.

The irony is that Obama's approval rating is comfortably above 50%. I firmly believe Biden would have slammed the door on this nonsense had he ran.
We'll never know, but I don't.

The demographics spell this out.

Yeah, I'm trying to be heartened by possibilities of an end to citizens united, and a push towards publicly funded elections. I'm hoping maybe the Democrats or whoever gets the memo. We (I do include myself in this we) don't want big business involved in the election.

Personally I don't buy the economic anxiety argument. It was a campaign designed to stoke fear of the other, and it succeeded.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Personally I don't buy the economic anxiety argument. It was a campaign designed to stoke fear of the other, and it succeeded.

If you didn't have economic anxiety beforehand, you might now.

Luckily I borrowed USD turned GBP post Brexit... I can't wait to send it back to USD next week when the USD crumbles on prospect.

Oh shit, right, I forgot that I also have to go back to worrying about the fact that I have a pre-existing condition when I have to get insurance now too.

I'm still trying to rationalize what happened to the female vote. I can't think of any logical reason for such a significant turn.

Granted, I've never met a female Trump supporter in person.

Every female in your extended family except my mom and sister are trump supporters.

I can't imagine how hard it will be for President Obama to speak when he does.

It's OK. I mean... It's not. But I'm one of those people that just go on anyways.

Sames. Been living out of a suitcase between 16 different temporary accommodations over the last 7 weeks because life. I am numb to being nomadic, as I am already shocked-gone-numb to the fact that... yeah it's real.

You know all those females on your Facebook feed who had "all lives matter" statuses at some point over the last year?

Yea. Them.

Exactly. Racial identity and economic status superseded gender identity very clearly in this election.

Not sure what I can say to minority friends who are absolutely crushed by this result... it just straight up sucks.

You know all those females on your Facebook feed who had "all lives matter" statuses at some point over the last year?

Yea. Them.

I've seen this status posted in the last 5 minutes, but it was from a guy.

God, the internet is going to be so fucking horrible for a long time.

Not sure what I can say to minority friends who are absolutely crushed by this result... it just straight up sucks.

Yeah...lots of legal, hard-working immigrants are entering a society full of newly emboldened shitheads and I fear for them.

I am numb right now. I am a straight white non-immigrant male. If I am taking this this hard, I can't imagine how hard people who have so much more to lose are taking it.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

oh please, yawn.

you have zero idea what just happened. Most of you don't. It will sink in eventually and then you will come back to the table and realize there is a place for you we have left sitting there.

In the meantime...0430 comes early for me so cheers folks...
If you think this is some sort of "shakeup of the status quo" and not "white supremacy plays really well in the rural areas," then you are an idiot.

Yeah...lots of legal, hard-working immigrants are entering a society full of newly emboldened shitheads and I fear for them.

Her words to me: "My friends just realized I have colored skin"

Like what can I say to that. I do generally ascribe to the economic/Washington anxiety argument, but you can't ignore the race component. And I just don't know how to deal with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom