The End is Nigh: US Presidential Election Thread Part XVI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't get that mindset, though. My family aren't college-educated, and we're white, and lower-class. And yet we still voted for Hillary. Clearly, I'm seriously disconnected from others within my economic/racial/educational status.

Edit: And I REALLY don't get women and people of color leaning towards Trump. How in the hell did that happen?

I guess it's an urban vs rural voters thing. The margins he got in rural areas are just astonishing.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I think a lot of us live in echo chambers and we're extremely out of touch. That we are all shocked... says something, I think.

As Irvine and I have both said, the shock really comes from how wrong the polls were. I am not a poll denier. This swing is completely blindsiding.

I think a lot of us live in echo chambers and we're extremely out of touch. That we are all shocked... says something, I think.

Yup. I'm not joking: I've never met a Trump supporter in real life. Caveats: I live in NYC, work mostly with foreigners and people who lean very liberal, and didn't grown up in the US. But still, it's quite telling.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Poor Japan... Can Trump actually mess up their defense situation? Or does that have to go through Congress first?

I know plenty of Trump supporters. Many of my relatives are voting for him, and my mom, sister, and I all work with people who are voting for him. So I'm very well aware of the conservative mindset.

But I guess I just assumed and hoped that even if Iowans were leaning more conservative, other states out there were going to be a little more progressive and come out in support of Clinton. Especially considering the fact that some red states nobody would've expected to be toss-ups actually were so for a time.

Who is this guy on CNN right now suggesting Trump isn't actually a racist?

Edit: and who is this wonderful man speaking right now?

It's not even about what Trump is going to do just yet...

It's about the fact that a man just ran a campaign riddled with sexism, accusations of sexual assault, and xenophobia... and otherwise made EVERYTHING up on his way to the presidency. Intellect of the average American was challenged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom