The End is Nigh: US Presidential Election Thread Part XVI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
he's not smart enough to be a demagogue. he has literally zero political connections. zero. he's not fucking hitler. stop this shit.

edit: all we can do now is hope the scotus judges live another four years. he's going to get thrown out on his ass in 2020.

he's not smart enough to be a demagogue. he has literally zero political connections. he's not fucking hitler. stop this shit.

And he couldn't win either. Please go ahead and tell me what reality we're actually living in. Because I'm living in the one where a lot of angry white people just got their ringleader elected president.

Donald Trump will be President with a Republican Senate, House and a conservative Supreme Court once he appoints the 9th Justice. Let that sink in for a moment.

I thought this was possible in September, but once October came about and he sniffed his way through 3 poor debate performances and grabbed America by the kitty, I assumed he was cooked.

Looks like we need new polling systems, cause this year's pollsters were worse than weathermen.

Night Night kids.

And he couldn't win either. Please go ahead and tell me what reality we're actually living in. Because I'm living in the one where a lot of angry white people just got their ringleader elected president.

do you actually think he's intelligent and politically skilled enough to enact any of the shit he's promised during the campaign?

he would literally have to not only have congress pass laws to build a useless and unbuildable multi-billion dollar (x10) wall, and unconstitutionally bar a religion from immigrating to america, and spend more billions finding out who is illegal and more billions unconstitutionally and physically deporting them to mexico, and more billions unconstitutionally deporting the ones that are here to camps, and somehow get the supreme court to declare all these things constitutional, and he's gonna do all that? the alt-right is actually going to be revolting against him in four years.

no, i don't believe he's got the political astuteness to get any of that shit done, and he obviously has zero political capital built up that he can use. they thought obama wasn't experienced enough? rude awakening ahead.

the nukes are honestly the only thing that has scared me all along, and now i'm genuinely worried for this reason alone.

Last edited:
Trump has every branch of government. Of course he will get things done. This is an unmitigated disaster.

That was a fun month or so when we pretended the GOP was broken. The floor just absolutely fell from under the Democrats. This might be the single worst night in the history of a political party.

do you actually think he's intelligent and politically skilled enough to enact any of the shit he's promised during the campaign?

he would literally have to not only have congress pass laws to build a useless and unbuildable multi-billion dollar (x10) wall, and unconstitutionally bar a religion from immigrating to america, and spend more billions finding out who is illegal and more billions unconstitutionally and physically deporting them to mexico, and more billions unconstitutionally deporting the ones that are here to camps, and somehow get the supreme court to declare all these things constitutional?

no, i don't believe he's got the political astuteness to get any of that shit done, and he obviously has zero political capital to use for any of that.

the nukes are honestly the only thing that has scared me all along, and now i'm genuinely worried for this reason alone.
He's going to repeal Obamacare by the spring, for one.

no. the republicans are going to repeal obamacare, and he's going to sign the bill.

i'm not convinced the party is going to go lockstep with him for very long.

Last edited:
no. the republicans are going to repeal obamacare.

i'm not convinced the party is going to go lockstep with him for very long.

Well, I guess the good news for you is that being in Canada, it's not as big a deal for you.

I'm so fucking gutted. It was nice having insurance while I did :|. I may have hated the ACA, but at least it was easier for me to get slightly more affordable insurance with it. Without it, I can't afford it, not if I have to start paying for my husband as well.

Well, I guess the good news for you is that being in Canada, it's not as big a deal for you.

I'm so fucking gutted. It was nice having insurance while I did :|. I may have hated the ACA, but at least it was easier for me to get slightly more affordable insurance with it. Without it, I can't afford it, not if I have to start paying for my husband as well.

i was laid off from my job (yayyy alberta oil sands) in august, and have had zero health benefits since then.

i'm broke. legitimately. i have 10 bucks in the bank till my minimum wage job pays me on thursday.

if i were to break my leg tonight, i wouldn't need to declare bankruptcy. if i was american and had to go to a hospital, it would without a doubt, instantly, break me financially.

universal healthcare should be the pillar of the left in america, and i can't fathom why that seems like such a crazy idea to anyone.

Donald Trump will be President with a Republican Senate, House and a conservative Supreme Court once he appoints the 9th Justice. Let that sink in for a moment.

It sunk in for me an hour ago.

What am I going to do? Move out of the country (where to? To what prospects?) Cry? Retreat to a far-left-progressive echo chamber and trade conspiracy theories until the next election cycle?

Nah, I'm going to make myself as irreplaceable as possible at work and hope Trump doesn't set us back 30 years.

i was laid off from my job (yayyy canadian oil industry) in august, and have had zero health benefits since then.

i'm broke. legitimately. i have 10 bucks in the bank till my minimum wage job pays me on thursday.

if i were to break my leg tonight, i wouldn't need to declare bankruptcy. if i was american and had to go to a hospital, it would without a doubt break me financially.

universal healthcare should be the pillar of the left in america, and i can't fathom why that seems like such a crazy idea to anyone.

But the ACA isn't universal Healthcare.

Imagine what Obama is thinking... I made fun of that guy's ambition for years and now he's won... actually won....
Forgot that.

He ran a campaign of racism and xenophobia after 8 years of an African American prrsident, and rural whites ate it up hook, line and sinker.

This is also a direct attack on race and on marriage equality... and by the end if these 5 years, if he wins, he could easily erase all of it. ALL of it.

This is so disheartening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom