The End is Nigh: US Presidential Election Thread Part XVI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I have to be up early so I'll have to skulk off to bed soon.

It's been fun watching the finale of America on tv.

I know a lot of the west coast blue states are yet to close, but holy shit, this is deeply upsetting. I know rationally that these are states that would be red even if Satan himself were running, but I hate seeing him winning so many states.

I'm doing well with not obsessing over coverage. I watch Bob's Burgers, I check CNN. I watched Jane the Virgin, I check the little helpful map DirecTV is providing. Currently up: Law & Order SVU, because amazingly there are apparently a few episodes I still haven't seen.

I have also had a little whiskey. After eating a bowl of cereal for dinner, because the thought of eating real food made me nauseous.

This is fascinating watching it unfold.
She probably holds on, but the DNC is witnessing the fruit of their deal from 2008, and its not good. Any normal GOP candidate would have wiped the floor with her.

I can't even curl up in the fetal position like any good American - I won't have my couch until the 18th! I can't curl up like that in my armchair. :(

Stupid furniture places with stupid delivery timeframes.

She probably holds on, but the DNC is witnessing the fruit of their deal from 2008, and its not good. Any normal GOP candidate would have wiped the floor with her.

But that wouldn't have been as devastating.

I'm as stunned as anyone else, but I don't think the last part is true.

Trumpism appears to have drawn an over performance amongst exurban and rural whites. I don't think a Cruz or a Kasich would have done the same.

There's an ugliness here, and Trump knows what it is.

Utah might actually come in to play here for once if 3rd Party McMullin can somehow pull it out it would take those 6 electoral votes away from Trump.

I think Trump probably wins Utah though.

Last edited:
Utah might actually come in to play here for once if 3rd Party McMullin can somehow pull it out it would take those 6 electoral votes away from Trump.

I think Trump probably takes Utah though.

Maybe Arizona but a long shot. Looking really grim for Clinton.

I don't agree.

What we're seeing is an overwhelming turnout by rural whites. Trump's message drew these people out in a way a Marco Rubio or John Kasich could never have done.

That this is the follow up to 8 years of the first black president in our history is incredibly disheartening, even if she comes back and pulls this out.

Glorified hyperbole.

I'm as stunned as anyone else, but I don't think the last part is true.

Trumpism appears to have drawn an over performance amongst exurban and rural whites. I don't think a Cruz or a Kasich would have done the same.

There's an ugliness here, and Trump knows what it is.

Well, as always, fuck Ted Cruz.
I said "normal", and I don't think that fucker fits the description either.

But I think Kasich could have beaten her easily.
I mean look at this, she's in a dogfight with a despicable man who has essentially admitted to sexual assault (and I'm not referring to the argument over dinner last night with Bill).

Chris Christie must be kicking himself over Bridgegate. The White House could have been stocked full of M&M's for 8 years if it hadn't happened.

I don't agree.

What we're seeing is an overwhelming turnout by rural whites. Trump's message drew these people out in a way a Marco Rubio or John Kasich could never have done.

That this is the follow up to 8 years of the first black president in our history is incredibly disheartening, even if she comes back and pulls this out.

Glorified hyperbole.

Or perhaps she's just not a very good candidate who only wins (probably still) because her opponent was the worst candidate maybe ever, certainly in over a century. But she may be 2nd worst. (though Mike Dukakis has something to say about that).

Or perhaps she's just not a very good candidate who only wins (probably still) because her opponent was the worst candidate maybe ever, certainly in over a century. But she may be 2nd worst. (though Mike Dukakis has something to say about that).
She's not good.

But again... The numbers are coming from places they've never come from before.

If it were Clinton v Kasich, these voters would have stayed home.

His message... his rampant racism and xenophobia... drew them out. Bigly, it seems.

The markets are gonna be brutal tomorrow.

I have EU citizenship, maybe time to bail on this continent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom