The End is Nigh: US Presidential Election Thread Part XVI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What i see with HRC's head on a picture of a pig with a blue ribbon labeled 'PORK" is something other than sexism, i see corruption and something related to the definition i posted earlier.

As for the avatar, is Game of Thrones sexist for having a female witch? What about The Wizard of Oz? What about Halloween....a sexist holiday? I guess we could go on and on.

I realize you have a job and don't see everything that goes on here. I am certainly no angel nor do i portray myself as one. However, there is a lot of shit that i see here that, in my opinion, gets overlooked. No fault to you, but it does happen. I am not the kind of person to hit the "report a post to a moderator" button, however, if the moderator is going to call me out twice in a week over what they feel is "sexist", then maybe i should?

yes, you should. You can't complain about a lack of moderation, but sit there and do nothing to draw the moderator's attention to it.

Dave, did you find a big enough emoji yet?

i tried to make one but the file size was too big :lol:

this was the best one i could find as an alternate.

S3DiC9z.gif

oh, and if anyone wants to watch /r/the_donald meltdown live and in all its infamy, here's the real-time comment stream: https://np.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/ :corn:

Last edited:
And while we are at it, i have recently observed two different posters whom i will not mention say things i have found kind of offensive. One poster in particular, i believe it was last week, told another poster to "fuck off" or "fuck you". The person they posted that to is currently, as you stated, "on vacation". Yet this poster who posted that is still here.

:wave:

fuck off, you love me :sexywink:

Last edited:
Sounds like the North Carolina GOP has been very successful in suppressing the vote there. Glad Democrats sent them money though!

You just don't let up, do you, Peef?

It was the right thing to do in the eyes of some. You didn't agree, got it. They're shitty people, I agree. They're doing shitty things, I agree. The people that sent them 10,000 to fix a building that was vandalized did NOT fund them.

Ok, so not an expert on US elections, so someone please contextualise for me... Trump up by tens of thousands in initial counts in Indiana and Kentucky. Very early days, I know, but 43000 vs 16000 is still a bit of a shock.
Is this a representative chunk of votes for those states? Or do certain districts get their votes counted sooner than others, and those early counts are red districts?
Some context, you gurus!?

Here is one of many posts where someone used the "c" word:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/2016-us-presidential-election-thread-part-xi-220243-3.html#post8087077

Imagine if a TRUMP voter had done this about HRC, i suspect there would be some "vacations" handed out from by the Mod along with a massive pile-on from all of the HRC supporters.

Here is another instance:

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/2016-us-presidential-election-thread-xiv-may-this-entertainment-never-end-220339-16.html#post8110162

Now we're calling Bernie Sanders the "c" word? Classy!

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/2016-us-presidential-election-thread-part-x-220200-6.html#post8081891

I don't even know what to say about this post, so many insults in one place, wow

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f290/2016-us-presidential-election-thread-ix-220162-6.html#post8072172

Should i keep going? :wave:

As for the avatar, is Game of Thrones sexist for having a female witch? What about The Wizard of Oz? What about Halloween....a sexist holiday? I guess we could go on and on.

Wow, I guess you really do have a blind spot on this. Do you really not see the problem with the intentionally negative portrayal of a real-life woman as a witch?

I am not the kind of person to hit the "report a post to a moderator" button, however, if the moderator is going to call me out twice in a week over what they feel is "sexist", then maybe i should?

Yes, you absolutely should.

Ok, so not an expert on US elections, so someone please contextualise for me... Trump up by tens of thousands in initial counts in Indiana and Kentucky. Very early days, I know, but 43000 vs 16000 is still a bit of a shock.
Is this a representative chunk of votes for those states? Or do certain districts get their votes counted sooner than others, and those early counts are red districts?

One percent or precincts reporting, and Clinton was never going to win Kentucky anyway.

Indiana and Kentucky are deep red states, so it is expected that Trump wins them. And yes, with a ~70% to ~20% vote. So no news here, for now.

Mrs. Garrison, I don't know what course of action I'm supposed to take on posts that are now 4+ months old in closed threads.

Yes, I don't catch everything (and have been up front about that from the start). Yes, I can be better (and have been up front about that from the start).

You just don't let up, do you, Peef?

It was the right thing to do in the eyes of some. You didn't agree, got it. They're shitty people, I agree. They're doing shitty things, I agree. The people that sent them 10,000 to fix a building that was vandalized did NOT fund them.

This is not meant as a personal attack on you, and I don't want you to think that's my point when I post about it.

But it very much infuriates me, and hearing how badly things have gone in NC so far just makes my blood boil over the issue. Both the GOP's efforts to suppress the vote and the spineless "I need to prove I'm on the moral high ground" nonsense of sending them money.

Wow, I guess you really do have a blind spot on this. Do you really not see the problem with the intentionally negative portrayal of a real-life woman as a witch?

Yes, you absolutely should.

What if I believe that she is a witch? Guess i do not deserve my own opinion? :shrug:

Different precincts report at different times, so they come in chunks. So early returns can be from very obvious Trump/Clinton areas and not be indicative of how the overall trends will look.

Mrs. Garrison, I don't know what course of action I'm supposed to take on posts that are now 4+ months old in closed threads.

Yes, I don't catch everything (and have been up front about that from the start). Yes, I can be better (and have been up front about that from the start).

Maybe you just need a little help?

As for course of action, maybe try being a little more even in your moderating? For instance, the examples i have provided you in the links above are quite possibly more offensive than HRC's head photoshopped on a pigs body :wink:

One percent or precincts reporting, and Clinton was never going to win Kentucky anyway.

I still want to believe that the Hoosier's Hate Pence crowd can't sway this, but I HIGHLY doubt it.
Indiana and Kentucky are deep red states, so it is expected that Trump wins them. And yes, with a ~70% to ~20% vote. So no news here, for now.

Indiana isn't "Deep" red. They went for Obama last time around. It's a very weird state. But USUALLY goes red.

This is not meant as a personal attack on you, and I don't want you to think that's my point when I post about it.

But it very much infuriates me, and hearing how badly things have gone in NC so far just makes my blood boil over the issue. Both the GOP's efforts to suppress the vote and the spineless "I need to prove I'm on the moral high ground" nonsense of sending them money.
I don't find it to be one at all. I actually get your anger. I'm furious that the goodwill did nothing to get them to stop being jackasses. I still think it was the right move, but I'm incredibly angry with their behavior, and I'm incredibly angry that they just don't seem to care. Not surprised, just angry. But, I am totally OK with us disagreeing on the underlying issue, as long as you know that I'm just as mad as you are about how much of a pack of bastards they're being.

Can this debate about moderation be taken elsewhere? I'm anxious enough tonight without having to sift through this.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Both of those posts about the 'c' word are from people who live in Australia, where the 'c' word doesn't carry the same taboo weight it does in the states.

As for the others, I've called out each one of those posters on other occasions.

Edit: if you want to continue this conversation about modding, Mrs. Garrison, PM me, or go to the thread on moderation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom