The End is Nigh: US Presidential Election Thread Part XVI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Hillary wins before its too late in the evening, I may finally hit up a taco truck for the first time.

Hell, if Hillary loses, I may hit up a taco truck, just in case it's my last chance to.

If Hillary wins before its too late in the evening, I may finally hit up a taco truck for the first time.

Hell, if Hillary loses, I may hit up a taco truck, just in case it's my last chance to.

You've never had food from a taco truck????

Forget the election - go find a taco truck right now. You've been missing out!

Even I've had food from a taco truck, and Mexican food (sadly) isn't a common thing in Australia!

Holy shit. And she lives in California. Get your priorities right and go before the results.

My office is located In a largely Hispanic part of Salt Lake and we have several good taco trucks within a short walk. It's great.

WHAT! You live in the land of the taco truck! Get thee to a taco truck. Bring cash.

The taco truck on my corner is always taking the only good street parking spot, I'm bitter as hell about it! But, they did find Travis' wallet once and return it to him, so we've been owing them a visit for a while now.

I'm just sketched out by ANY food coming out of a van, not just Tacos, I don't usually eat at food trucks unless I have no other option.

BUT! There's a restaurant next to work that sells Mulitas, which I had never heard of, and can't find anywhere in my neighborhood restaurants, but I'm told the trucks are where to go to find them. They're my new favorite food in the universe and I hate that I can only get them at work.

BUT! There's a restaurant next to work that sells Mulitas, which I had never heard of, .

I've never heard of those either, but they sound like a Mexican dish from the 80's ...

tumblr_m6ewykMagJ1r4ott7.jpg

I've already talked to you once about sexist posts.

That's enough.

I am pretty sure that you realize the intent of that post was NOT sexism. The pig in the picture is wearing a blue ribbon that has the word "PORK" emblazoned on it, that is symbolic of corruption with the candidate your party chose and not sexism on anyone's part.

Here is a definition of pork (in political terms) for those who are not aware:

pork barrel
n
(Government, Politics & Diplomacy) slang chiefly
a. a bill or project requiring considerable government spending in a locality to the benefit of the legislator's constituents
b. (as modifier): pork-barrel spending.

Pork (politics) - definition of Pork (politics) by The Free Dictionary

And while we are at it, i have recently observed two different posters whom i will not mention say things i have found kind of offensive. One poster in particular, i believe it was last week, told another poster to "fuck off" or "fuck you". The person they posted that to is currently, as you stated, "on vacation". Yet this poster who posted that is still here.

And another poster a few weeks back used the word "c__t" which i find horribly offensive. Even if that poster didn't use it directly towards another poster, its still wrong.

In both instances i do not recall any public warnings from the moderator. If you want specific examples let me know i will start the search.

It would be nice if people would treat others how they want to be treated and not feel as though they can get away with certain things because they may have common interests with the majority.

Without knowing who said it or what the context is, I think it should be noted that "cunt" is not considered as offensive in other English speaking countries the way it is in America.

Without knowing who said it or what the context is, I think it should be noted that "cunt" is not considered as offensive in other English speaking countries the way it is in America.

You know, the people on this board who continuously use it, though, do know it's considered highly offensive in the US, and I was also very offended when it was posted here last week, fwiw, especially considering we're in such a gender charged election thread.

As for telling someone to fuck off, :shrug:.

Also, as always: If something offends you, report it.

I am pretty sure that you realize the intent of that post was NOT sexism. The pig in the picture is wearing a blue ribbon that has the word "PORK" emblazoned on it, that is symbolic of corruption with the candidate your party chose and not sexism on anyone's part.

That you don't see sexism at play in portraying Hillary as a pig doesn't mean it's not there. Kind of like using an avatar of Hillary as the Wicked Witch. You might just have a blind spot on this one. :shrug:

As for not calling out people saying fuck you, I may have missed a specific instance, but I have indeed called out posters for doing that in here, and probably the poster you noticed saying it.

Last edited:
Things I yell out loud at my TV or radio: OH FUCK YOOOOOOOOUUUUUUU

Things I say in my head when I read someone saying something repugnant on the internet: Oh, get bent.

Things I say on Interference for any given reason:

swutkuel2mpbll8n0jjn_zpscsjkobt7_1.gif

That you don't see sexism at play in portraying Hillary as a pig doesn't mean it's not there. Kind of like using an avatar of Hillary as the Wicked Witch. You might just have a blind spot on this one. :shrug:

As for not calling out people saying fuck you, I may have missed a specific instance, but I have indeed called out posters for doing that in here, and probably the poster you noticed saying it.

What i see with HRC's head on a picture of a pig with a blue ribbon labeled 'PORK" is something other than sexism, i see corruption and something related to the definition i posted earlier.

As for the avatar, is Game of Thrones sexist for having a female witch? What about The Wizard of Oz? What about Halloween....a sexist holiday? I guess we could go on and on.

I realize you have a job and don't see everything that goes on here. I am certainly no angel nor do i portray myself as one. However, there is a lot of shit that i see here that, in my opinion, gets overlooked. No fault to you, but it does happen. I am not the kind of person to hit the "report a post to a moderator" button, however, if the moderator is going to call me out twice in a week over what they feel is "sexist", then maybe i should?

Estimated turnout in Florida has already exceeded 2012 turnout.

so ... good news for Clinton? when more people vote, more Democrats win, which is why the GOP does what it can to suppress the vote.

Right now polls are showing that the minority vote is up about 6% compared to 2012 in FL.....It's stated that exit polls aren't the best measure of racial voting, but I also think it means there isn't anything else to go off of right now.

If this is true in FL, then it's probably true throughout the US. And I don't think they're voting Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom