The End is Nigh: US Presidential Election Thread Part XVI - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-07-2016, 05:42 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mrs. Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: pig farming in Bolivia
Posts: 7,325
Local Time: 02:32 AM
I guess all of that "Bosnia sniper fire" must have given her PTSD

Clinton Campaign Cancels Election Night Fireworks: Official | NBC New York


Quote:
Hillary Clinton was planning on marking a potential Election Day win with fireworks over the Hudson River, but a law enforcement official told NBC News that the display has been canceled.
The New York City official said the display -- which had been permitted with the city -- was called off Monday ahead of the election. A reason for the cancellation wasn't given.

Clinton will be holding her Election Day party at the Javits Center. Trump, meanwhile, will be hosting a similar event at the New York Hilton Midtown.

Source: Clinton Campaign Cancels Election Night Fireworks: Official | NBC New York Clinton Campaign Cancels Election Night Fireworks: Official | NBC New York
Follow us: @nbcnewyork on Twitter | NBCNewYork on Facebook
__________________

Mrs. Garrison is offline  
Old 11-07-2016, 05:48 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomerang96 View Post
Any ideas folks, as to why Ohio and Iowa appear to have drifted comfortably into Trump's hands in recent polling?

Are there a lot of manufacturing jobs there that have been negatively affected by NAFTA?
They have been pretty strong for Trump since summer.

Iowa is democratic along the Mississippi River the western part of the state resembles more of a conservative Great Plains state. The GOP hit the state early with caucus. Plenty of energized voters. Ernst, Grassley, Steve King are very popular GOP figures in the state

Ohio has been energized as well. Both states contain many blue-collar democrats who have been disillusioned by the leftward lurch of the Party since Obama. NAFTA has hurt manufacturing throughout the rust belt from Upstate NY through Minnesota.

With Obama not on the ticket African American enthusiasm is down. Trump has multiplied Romneys African American draw by almost 3 fold.

If Hillary cannot pull 84% of African American turnout in metro areas should could be in trouble. Obama and Michelle are trying to hype up turnout. From Philly to Detroit. They are very worried. Think of every big city from Tampa to Richmond, Philly, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Detroit, Pittsburgh

Michigan is interesting because Detroit has shrunk to near 700,000 people from a population of 1.5 millions in the 1990s.
__________________

Oregoropa is offline  
Old 11-07-2016, 05:49 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,601
Local Time: 11:32 PM
you are talking about the Americans that won two world wars, then came together to work hard in the economic engine that led the world for decades,
of course some of those other people you mention believe in hard too, and don't believe that the government (other people, tax payers) owe them something, and will join in with the deplorables
deep is offline  
Old 11-07-2016, 05:52 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 02:32 AM
RCP has now moved Virginia, Michigan, New Mexico, All of Maine into toss up categories today
Oregoropa is offline  
Old 11-07-2016, 05:53 PM   #25
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,467
Local Time: 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
If Hillary cannot pull 84% of African American turnout in metro areas should could be in trouble. Obama and Michelle are trying to hype up turnout. From Philly to Detroit. They are very worried. Think of every big city from Tampa to Richmond, Philly, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Detroit, Pittsburgh

this seems to be the hope the Trump people are holding onto -- lower black turnout (which conservatives always love), and the idea that uneducated white people who don't normally vote will vote.

i agree, this could happen. it is a fear. but it's underestimating the large number of moderate, Romney voters, women in particular, who are disgusted with Donald Trump and will be voting Democratic. this was always H's strength over someone like Sanders, who could very well have scared the middle and not inspired minority turnout and only inspired the fickle young. we'll never know, but it's a fairly safe bet that HRC will pick off a good percentage of the educated white vote that Romney won in 2012. some have said it's an outlier, but there's that 29% of R votes going to HRC in FL.

it's so weird to me -- i'm talking about Mittens like he's Lincoln. and compared to Trump, he basically is.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 11-07-2016, 05:54 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mrs. Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: pig farming in Bolivia
Posts: 7,325
Local Time: 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
They have been pretty strong for Trump since summer.

Iowa is democratic along the Mississippi River the western part of the state resembles more of a conservative Great Plains state. The GOP hit the state early with caucus. Plenty of energized voters. Ernst, Grassley, Steve King are very popular GOP figures in the state

Ohio has been energized as well. Both states contain many blue-collar democrats who have been disillusioned by the leftward lurch of the Party since Obama. NAFTA has hurt manufacturing throughout the rust belt from Upstate NY through Minnesota.

With Obama not on the ticket African American enthusiasm is down. Trump has multiplied Romneys African American draw by almost 3 fold.

If Hillary cannot pull 84% of African American turnout in metro areas should could be in trouble. Obama and Michelle are trying to hype up turnout. From Philly to Detroit. They are very worried. Think of every big city from Tampa to Richmond, Philly, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Detroit, Pittsburgh

Michigan is interesting because Detroit has shrunk to near 700,000 people from a population of 1.5 millions in the 1990s.
Obviously i cannot vouch for this video but it does make you wonder..

WARNING: EXPLICIT LANGUAGE

Mrs. Garrison is offline  
Old 11-07-2016, 05:55 PM   #27
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,467
Local Time: 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
you are talking about the Americans that won two world wars, then came together to work hard in the economic engine that led the world for decades,
of course some of those other people you mention believe in hard too, and don't believe that the government (other people, tax payers) owe them something, and will join in with the deplorables

and they are the ones fed up with the Reagan-Bush-Romney elites of the GOP. and for good reason. a vote for Trump is a "fuck you" to all establishment politicians.

we also can't wholesale valorize an entire group of people. it's demeaning, actually, to think that such people can't also be prejudiced and easily swayed by demagoguery, as well as shameless appeals to a past that never existed, a past where things were better.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 11-07-2016, 06:10 PM   #28
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 02:32 AM
But they're such nice and humorous people

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1478560192.436145.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	10959


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
BVS is offline  
Old 11-07-2016, 06:11 PM   #29
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,601
Local Time: 11:32 PM
I see right before the last thread closed someone brought up Glenn Beck in relationship to Trump, as one other frequent poster has

Becks criticisms of Dems in the past, like them or not, have not seemed as absurd as this

Glenn Beck Ends His Fast - Breitbart


deep is offline  
Old 11-07-2016, 06:16 PM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 02:32 AM
Wikileaks has produced many damning revelations, but so many of them are hard to digest and appear as inside-baseball for Political pundits.

In a strange twist the most damaging wikileak came out overnight Thursday. Many of you have not heard of it but it was the most trending item on twitter by five fold of any leak.

I'm talking about #SpiritCooking

Inside Podesta's emails were invites to a a Spirit Cooking event and Dinner. Snopes and democrats immediately dismissed it as performance art. A performance art with occultic overtones in a ceremony that may or may not include blood, breastmilk, semen. Whatever it may be the damage was done.

Deeply religious Hispanics and church going African-Americans are deeply fearful of any type of spiritualism that may hint at the Occult. The Spanish language tweet #CocinaDelEspiritu was trending as well.

Sunday's LA times tracking poll showed a drop of about 4 points among Latinos and a pickup of 4 points to Trump. The poll showed something along the lines of 44-40. A big shift in 48 hours. Likely was a topic before and after church yesterday.

May sound like a bunch of ballyhoo but once it got into the internet ether it seems to have had an effect. Hillary can not afford to lose her base constituencies at this point. This Wikileak may have shaved off a couple percentage points, which will be crucial in certain states.
Oregoropa is offline  
Old 11-07-2016, 06:23 PM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
trojanchick99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Los Feliz, CA (between Hollywood and Downtown LA)
Posts: 8,352
Local Time: 12:32 AM
Keep grasping at straws. The proof is in the turnout. Latino turn out is at record highs in FL, NV and AZ. Trump's hateful words are going to haunt him.

I've heard nothing about the ridiculous spirit cooking nonsense from any of my Mexican-American family, or latino friends and colleagues. But, again, nice try.

trojanchick99 is offline  
Old 11-07-2016, 06:24 PM   #32
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,601
Local Time: 11:32 PM
(you're not really that Mexican, your English is way too good, you probably even have papers)


Oregoropa,

you seem to have all the secret, magical, insider information

I don't want to believe anything, I just like disgusting these events as they are happening

well, within about 27-28 hours we will see how good your special sources are, I still expect Hillary to win, not sure what kind of a map I can come up with at midnight tonight, if i will,

I think the better predictions, should be what will be the percentages, i.e.

Hillary 48.2
Trump 44.1
Johnson 5.1
others * the rest

something like that, not that that example is my prediction



edit to add

it must be true, I saw it on the internet

http://hyperallergic.com/wp-content/...72538112_n.jpg

like all the terrible stuff I keep hearing about the Orange oompa loompa
deep is offline  
Old 11-07-2016, 06:35 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
(you're not really that Mexican, your English is way too good, you probably even have papers)


Oregoropa,

you seem to have all the secret, magical, insider information

I don't want to believe anything, I just like disgusting these events as they are happening

well, within about 27-28 hours we will see how good your special sources are, I still expect Hillary to win, not sure what kind of a map I can come up with at midnight tonight, if i will,

I think the better predictions, should be what will be the percentages, i.e.

Hillary 48.2
Trump 44.1
Johnson 5.1
others * the rest

something like that, not that that example is my prediction
Fair enough, but there a lot of jump balls in the air tonight

Don't forget recent examples where pollsters have had egg on their face.

- Hillary was up 10 against Bernie in Michigan and Bernie pulled out a 1.5% victory.

- Ed Gillespie almost beat Mark Warner in the 2014 Virginia Senate race despite the RCP average showing Warner up 9.7%. Some polls had him with a 20 point lead in September.

- Matt Bevin's surprise Kentucky Governor win had his support off by 13 points against Conway.
Oregoropa is offline  
Old 11-07-2016, 06:44 PM   #34
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,601
Local Time: 11:32 PM
If they are only 1/2 as wrong in MI what happens there?
deep is offline  
Old 11-07-2016, 06:44 PM   #35
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,663
Local Time: 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
A performance art with occultic overtones in a ceremony that may or may not include blood, breastmilk, semen.


This whole post has to be a joke.

Right?







Right???
Diemen is offline  
Old 11-07-2016, 06:48 PM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post




This whole post has to be a joke.



Right?















Right???

Like I said could be all ballyhoo. But it was the number one Trending topic on Twitter Friday. That is fact.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Oregoropa is offline  
Old 11-07-2016, 06:52 PM   #37
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,516
Local Time: 07:32 AM
"The" Blacks don't have to come out at Obama levels, they just have to come out and vote.

Latino vote will more than cover any difference.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
BEAL is offline  
Old 11-07-2016, 07:03 PM   #38
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
Wikileaks has produced many damning revelations, but so many of them are hard to digest and appear as inside-baseball for Political pundits.



In a strange twist the most damaging wikileak came out overnight Thursday. Many of you have not heard of it but it was the most trending item on twitter by five fold of any leak.



I'm talking about #SpiritCooking



Inside Podesta's emails were invites to a a Spirit Cooking event and Dinner. Snopes and democrats immediately dismissed it as performance art. A performance art with occultic overtones in a ceremony that may or may not include blood, breastmilk, semen. Whatever it may be the damage was done.



Deeply religious Hispanics and church going African-Americans are deeply fearful of any type of spiritualism that may hint at the Occult. The Spanish language tweet #CocinaDelEspiritu was trending as well.



Sunday's LA times tracking poll showed a drop of about 4 points among Latinos and a pickup of 4 points to Trump. The poll showed something along the lines of 44-40. A big shift in 48 hours. Likely was a topic before and after church yesterday.



May sound like a bunch of ballyhoo but once it got into the internet ether it seems to have had an effect. Hillary can not afford to lose her base constituencies at this point. This Wikileak may have shaved off a couple percentage points, which will be crucial in certain states.

Oh holy of all fucks!!!

Are you vying for Glenn Beck's old job?




Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
BVS is offline  
Old 11-07-2016, 07:03 PM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
trojanchick99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Los Feliz, CA (between Hollywood and Downtown LA)
Posts: 8,352
Local Time: 12:32 AM
Election is over folks. We can all go home now.

trojanchick99 is offline  
Old 11-07-2016, 07:06 PM   #40
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mrs. Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: pig farming in Bolivia
Posts: 7,325
Local Time: 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
Like I said could be all ballyhoo. But it was the number one Trending topic on Twitter Friday. That is fact.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
This is some gross

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/794450623404113920
__________________

Mrs. Garrison is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×