The End is Nigh: US Presidential Election Thread Part XVI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Early results show Trump way ahead of McMullin in Utah. Clinton might even beat him

Fuck every disgusting person who voted for this authoritarian arsehole.

Seriously, you are vile. Every single one of you out there. Hang your heads in shame, you have proven you have no values or ethics or common decency.

Fucking hell this is fucking awful. This is no conventional loss.

This new season of South Park is going to be even better after tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Maybe it's a long con and Trump goes back to his liberal ways once in office ?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

It's over. Trump is going to be president.

I wish him the best, I really do. I live here. I love this country. I am deeply disappointed in our population right now, and I think we're in for a rough go of things for quite some time.

But I don't want Trump to be assassinated. I don't want him to tank us and destroy our nation simply because I'm spiteful. I want him to get a decent cabinet together, surround himself with competent individuals and do his damn job.

Will he? No, I don't think so. But I hope I'm wrong. I was wrong about this election and I hope I'm wrong about the ultimate results thereof. My life will keep going, just as it does for half the country that doesn't their way each election cycle.

If anything, I hope this terrible cycle emboldens the far left and forces them to get in touch with the working class, a group they egregiously overlooked in the upper midwest, states that cost them this election. Bernie did have a lot of good ideas and while I don't necessarily think he would have won either, there was a reason why he overperformed. The man ran a damn good campaign and got people energized, something Hillary failed to do in previously strong democratic areas. This was her election to lose and that's exactly what she did.

If you think the sky is falling right now, start to think locally. Research. Vote on every piece of legislature that you can and make a difference where you live. There's another major election coming up in 2 years as well. Speaking for myself, all these results have done is convince me to get more involved right where I am. Federal legislation is important, but not every state has to be an absolute hellhole.

I'm deeply concerned, but not about to leave this country for dead.

Fuck every disgusting person who voted for this authoritarian arsehole.

Seriously, you are vile. Every single one of you out there. Hang your heads in shame, you have proven you have no values or ethics or common decency.

Fucking hell this is fucking awful. This is no conventional loss.

Express dismay all you want, but let's avoid the crass insults, please.

This isn't a normal loss at all. This is a madman who is willing to use nukes. Has the ability to pick supreme court justices. Wants to deport or block immigration. Tear up trade agreements. Cause a crash in the stock market simply from being elected... I'm the person in the past who had said, we'll move on if our candidate loses. I'm the person who would've considered voting for Kasich. I am NOT the person who is all dem all the time... So trust me, when I say I'm being sincere: This is a fucking disaster, and I want out of it yesterday. Trying to find a job elsewhere now. But I'm sure I'm not the only one.

This is the only hope, that he somehow moderates, as most presidents do.

It's very possible and falls in line with the general course of history.

However, for now there's a whole lot of red in all branches of government. Not sure who will be around to keep him in check, if of course he follows through on whatever his policies may be.

2018 will be big.

his staff took away his twitter account because he was too unpredictable.

now he might to get the codes to 5,000 nuclear warheads.

pretty sure the only clear winner tonight is alcohol.

down the rabbit hole we go.

Express dismay all you want, but let's avoid the crass insults, please.

It's justified. This is fucking 1933 v2. We know what happens when you elect authoritarians, and he will have a majority in congress.

You're fucked, America.

I'm dumbfounded. How did Hillary NOT visit Wisconsin? I didn't know about that. That's insane.

donald trump is going to be in so far over his head as a day-to-day president that he's going to make jimmy carter look like john f. kennedy.

let's hope there isn't a major terrorist attack in the next four years so he can be blown out by a democrat (or kanye) in 2020.

his staff took away his twitter account because he was too unpredictable.

now he might to get the codes to 5,000 nuclear warheads.

pretty sure the only clear winner tonight is alcohol.

down the rabbit hole we go.

Seriously, this man is just not fit to rule. He's not fit to be mayor of a shithouse tiny town.

I'm so sad especially that even if I can't leave the country, there's no way in hell, now, that I'm leaving California. And all I really wanted was to go back home. God, this is so depressing.

471a7929f.png

Democrats ignoring this may have just put a madman in charge of our country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom