The Conspiracy Widens

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A_Wanderer

ONE love, blood, life
Federal investigators said Thursday they have solved a mystery of the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks: the collapse of World Trade Center building 7, a source of long-running conspiracy theories.
The 47-story trapezoid-shaped building sat north of the World Trade Center towers, across Vesey Street in lower Manhattan. On Sept. 11, it was set on fire by falling debris from the burning towers, but skeptics have long argued that fire and debris alone should not have brought down such a big steel-and-concrete structure.

Scientists with the National Institute of Standards and Technology say their three-year investigation of the collapse determined the demise of WTC 7 was actually the first time in the world a fire caused the total failure of a skyscraper.

"The reason for the collapse of World Trade Center 7 is no longer a mystery," said Dr. Shyam Sunder, the lead investigator on the NIST team.

Investigators also concluded that the collapse of the nearby towers broke the city water main, leaving the sprinkler system in the bottom half of the building without water.

The building has been the subject of a wide range of conspiracy theories for the last seven years, partly because the collapse occurred about seven hours after the twin towers came down. That fueled suspicion that someone intentionally blew up the building in a controlled demolition.

Critics like Mike Berger of the group 9/11 Truth said he wasn't buying the government's explanation.

"Their explanation simply isn't sufficient. We're being lied to," he said, arguing that there is other evidence suggesting explosives were used on the building.

Sunder said his team investigated the possibility that an explosion inside the building brought it down, but found there was no large boom or other noise that would have occurred with such a detonation. Investigators also created a giant computer model of the collapse, based partly on news footage from CBS News, that they say shows internal column failure brought down the building.

Investigators also ruled out the possibility that the collapse was caused by fires from a substantial amount of diesel fuel that was stored in the building, most of it for generators for the city's emergency operations command center.

The 77-page report concluded that the fatal blow to the building came when the 13th floor collapsed, weakening a critical steel support column that led to catastrophic failure.

"When this critical column buckled due to lack of floor supports, it was the first domino in the chain," said Sunder.

The NIST investigators issued more than a dozen building recommendations as a result of their inquiry, most of which repeat earlier recommendations from their investigation into the collapse of the two large towers.

In both instances, investigators concluded that extreme heat caused some steel beams to lose strength, causing further failures throughout the buildings until the entire structure succumbed.

The recommendations include building skyscrapers with stronger connections and framing systems to resist the effects of thermal expansion, and structural systems designed to prevent damage to one part of a building from spreading to other parts.

A spokeswoman for the leaseholder of the World Trade Center, developer Larry Silverstein, praised the government's work.

"Hopefully this thorough report puts to rest the various 9/11 conspiracy theories, which dishonor the men and women who lost their lives on that terrible day," said Silverstein spokeswoman Dara McQuillen.

In discussing the findings, the investigator Sunder acknowledged that some may still not be convinced, but insisted the science behind their findings is "incredibly conclusive."

"The public should really recognize the science is really behind what we have said," he said, adding: "The obvious stares you in the face."
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D92MQLDG0&show_article=1

i would have to agree with that. tons of debris and fire and gas causing a floor to colapse, ultimately leading to the buckeling of support columns and the colapse of the entire building? ludacris!

secret government agents rigging the building with explosives without anyone seeing them and without a single government leak after the fact? now that's a story i can believe.

if only batman was around to stop them :sad:

i would have to agree with that. tons of debris and fire and gas causing a floor to colapse, ultimately leading to the buckeling of support columns and the colapse of the entire building? ludacris!

secret government agents rigging the building with explosives without anyone seeing them and without a single government leak after the fact? now that's a story i can believe.

if only batman was around to stop them :sad:

The Goddamn Batman!:up:

Put your money where your mouth is and prove it wasn't......

Its a hell of a lot easier to scream conspiracy than to prove one.....

And I will gladly prove the Warren Commission made mistakes....but on the whole, history has proven them more accurate than not....

To promote or buy into 9/11 conspiracy theories does a dis-service to not only those who lost their lives and were killed as a result of that carnage but to the entire USA as well.

It is one thing to have differing opinions on policies, but this kind of nonsense is about as radical as it gets and the vast majority thankfully see it for what it is.

I don't know whether to feel sorry for somebody who buys into this or to despise them for the ridiculousness of it all. :rolleyes:

To promote or buy into 9/11 conspiracy theories does a dis-service to not only those who lost their lives and were killed as a result of that carnage but to the entire USA as well.

It is one thing to have differing opinions on policies, but this kind of nonsense is about as radical as it gets and the vast majority thankfully see it for what it is.

I don't know whether to feel sorry for somebody who buys into this or to despise them for the ridiculousness of it all. :rolleyes:

:applaud:

Bravo!!

I can't despise someone for being ignorant so I'll just say that I feel sorry for them, just like I feel sorry for the ignorant people who say that the Holocaust never happened, that man never walked on the moon, that Oswald wasn't alone, that the 911 hijackers are alive and well and living in hiding, that the planes were flown by remote control, that the Pentagon was hit by a missile, that United 93 was shot down by the U.S. military....and that the entire 9/11 attacks were orchestrated by George Bush as an excuse to invade Iraq.....

.....pathetic, stupid people......

:applaud:

Bravo!!

I can't despise someone for being ignorant so I'll just say that I feel sorry for them, just like I feel sorry for the ignorant people who say that the Holocaust never happened, that man never walked on the moon, that Oswald wasn't alone, that the 911 hijackers are alive and well and living in hiding, that the planes were flown by remote control, that the Pentagon was hit by a missile, that United 93 was shot down by the U.S. military....and that the entire 9/11 attacks were orchestrated by George Bush as an excuse to invade Iraq.....

.....pathetic, stupid people......

No, I'm afraid calling certain family members of the victims of 911 not to mention many of the firefighters "pathetic, stupid people" for questioning the government is not only pathetic and stupid but simply WRONG. Comparing those who deny the holocaust with those that question the JFK assasination is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever had the displeasure of seeing on FYM. It's your fanatical response to any questioning of the governments involvment in ANYTHING that worries me. If you actually represent the majority of citizens in the United States then i'm afraid the country is doomed by a spiritual blindfold that is beyond hope. It's really a shame.

As far as you and your opinion go why don't you go right up to the husband or wife of one of the victims, the ones who have been asking questions concerning 9/11, I fuckin dare you, and tell them " To promote or buy into 9/11 conspiracy theories does a dis-service to not only those who lost their lives and were killed as a result of that carnage but to the entire USA as well."

Hopefully you won't take me up on it. I'd hate to see what some family members would do.

Harry, I am personal friends with three people who lost a daughter, husband, and wife on 9/11. Are they entitled to find this stuff insulting? Just curious. After digging the earth with the father, isn't he entitled to have stupid shite like this end?

This is different from the Kennedy Assasination, where governement documents have been and still are sealed.

Harry, I am personal friends with three people who lost a daughter, husband, and wife on 9/11. Are they entitled to find this stuff insulting? Just curious. After digging the earth with the father, isn't he entitled to have stupid shite like this end?

This is different from the Kennedy Assasination, where governement documents have been and still are sealed.

Are they entitled to find 'this stuff' insulting, yes of course, but as I've said before, this cuts both ways.

There are other survivors and/or victims' families who are suspicious of the official version, are you going to entitle them to their point of view?

Comparing those who deny the holocaust with those that question the JFK assasination is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever had the displeasure of seeing on FYM.

I agree, it's a completely unwarranted thing to say.

Are they entitled to find 'this stuff' insulting, yes of course, but as I've said before, this cuts both ways.

There are other survivors and/or victims' families who are suspicious of the official version, are you going to entitle them to their point of view?

You make my point very well.....:D

Ah - but the gas that burned thus causing the collapse - where did that come from?
Gas <- Oil <- Texas / Middle East <- Bush <- Government did it <- Freemasons. BAM.

There are no "versions"....how can there be?
We ALL saw what happened with our own eyes!!! We SAW the footage of the first plane hitting the tower. We then SAW the second plane hit the tower 20 minutes after the first......we SAW both towers crumble to the ground. We SAW the memorials held for the victims who were killed there, we SAW the pictures of the 19 murderers who committed the crime.

Do you deny what you saw with your own eyes?

No, I'm afraid calling certain family members of the victims of 911 not to mention many of the firefighters "pathetic, stupid people" for questioning the government is not only pathetic and stupid but simply WRONG. Comparing those who deny the holocaust with those that question the JFK assasination is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever had the displeasure of seeing on FYM. It's your fanatical response to any questioning of the governments involvment in ANYTHING that worries me. If you actually represent the majority of citizens in the United States then i'm afraid the country is doomed by a spiritual blindfold that is beyond hope. It's really a shame.

I respect your opinion however I respectfully disagree with you.

The Holocaust is a historical (and heavilly documented) fact and so is the JFK assasination - they both happened.....so how can anyone dispute them (as some nuts are doing with 911)?

As for my opinions - I only represent myself. I'm not an American citizen so I can't presume to represent anyone else's opinion.

It's one thing to dispute government policy and disagree with it - it's quite another thing to openly accuse the president of the United states of ordering the murder of over 3000 people.....

As for the family members of the victims - they of all people should dismiss the conspiracy theories and take them for what they are - idiotic statments by idiotic people who can't see their hands in front of their faces because they're so blind with stupidity. How do you think that Todd Beemer's family feels when there are nutjobs who say that a) United 93 was shot down by the military b) it wasn't shot down at all but rather landed safely c) there were no passengers on the plane as it was flown by remote control......and other "pearls of wisdom".

I personally think that congress should make Sept.11th an official day of remembrance, such as MLK day or memorial day, and that this day should be set aside to teach tolerance and brotherhood among people rather than perpetuate the myths and lies spewed by some fanatics who have nothing better to do.

I respect and salute the victims of this horrible day as well as the policemen and firefighters who fought to save lives only to lose theirs in the process.

May they rest in peace.

Back
Top Bottom