The Conservative Victory Celebration thread!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boosterjuice

Refugee
Wow,

For 13 long years I have been awaiting this day.

I know it's not a majority but I still feel elated at tonight's results. I'll admit; I was worried the Liberals were going to pull a rabbit out of their hat. Big Stevie Harper will make an excellent PM, IMO.

Now, with almost 40% of the Canadian electoral vote, I know there MUST be others in this forum who voted Conservative. Surely there must be someone who can join me in this joyous occasion. If so, please speak up as I'm curious to why you voted Conservative.

boosterjuice said:

Calluna, just curious;
Who did you vote for?
I voted for Kerry! I'm from the US. Now it feels like being fucked in the ass all over again.

Enjoy your stupid victory, I guarantee you will live to regret it.

And A_Wanderer, you shut the fuck up too. You don't even know anything about Canadian politics.

Calluna said:

I voted for Kerry! I'm from the US. Now it feels like being fucked in the ass all over again.

Enjoy your stupid victory, I guarantee you will live to regret it.

And A_Wanderer, you shut the fuck up too. You don't even know anything about Canadian politics.

Calluna, it's nice to see some interest in our election from south of the border, rude remarks aside. If you could have voted in our election, which party would you have voted for and why?

calluna you're the best. the very best. you're fire and brimestone approach is much appreciated :up:

congratulations MY ASS.

stephen harper's background means he's the single worst prime minister in the history of canada. that's no small feat.

I respect your right to free speech and free expression, but a sledgehammer like that hardly inspires the fear and loathing that more targeted criticism can.

Quite a relevent comment though given Harpers atttitudes towards Kyoto and future developments on managing greenhouse gas emissions without resorting to global government style central planning.

Thanks, bear.

boosterjuice said:
Calluna, it's nice to see some interest in our election from south of the border, rude remarks aside. If you could have voted in our election, which party would you have voted for and why?
Isn't it obvious by now? I would've voted for the Liberal party! I'm not going into why right now, I think you have a pretty good idea of why and I am too angry to take the time typing it out.

A_Wanderer said:
:up:

Hope you guys also get along to the Asia Pacific Partnership on Clean Development and Climate

Glad to hear the positive sentiments. I'm not too up on the details of the Asia Pacific Partnership on Clean Development and Climate but from what I hear it's a much more feasible option than Kyoto.

don't mind me guys, i'm 7ust standing here saluting our supreme white leader.

how wildly appropriate!

Calluna said:
Thanks, bear.

Isn't it obvious by now? I would've voted for the Liberal party! I'm not going into why right now, I think you have a pretty good idea of why and I am too angry to take the time typing it out.

No worries, I understand how you feel. Trust me!

I will say that I'm very impressed with the NDP showing this election. Despite my obvious policy objections, Jack Layton has run an awesome campaign.

ladywithspinninghead said:
Enjoy it while it lasts!

Within 2 years, there will be a Liberal majority government.

Mark my words....

Actually, I was just about to predict the opposite. What has kept the Conservatives out of power has been fear. Many Canadians feel the need "lock up their uterus' ". If the Conservatives can actually show Canadians that they care more about fiscal responsibility/lower taxes, I think most Canadians might start to feel safe about their uterus and vote conservative.

Basically, the Conservatives are not the monsters that the Liberals portray them as.

There's a typo in this thread's subject line. It should read "the bad taste thread". :|

All things being equal, more Canadians will vote for the Liberals than the Conservatives.

That's not about to change. In fact, look at tonight's results for further proof.

boosterjuice said:

please elaborate.

Who did you vote for? What's good taste for you?

Pretty hard to vote when I'm in Australia and have never even been to Canada.

But my point is that the entire tone of your posting here reeks of bad taste, of you rubbing this victory in the face of the Liberal supporters here.

ladywithspinninghead said:
All things being equal, more Canadians will vote for the Liberals than the Conservatives.

That's not about to change. In fact, look at tonight's results for further proof.

What are you talking about? Conservatives have over 36% of the popular vote while Liberals have 30%.

booster7uice, you have every right to be happy. democratically you win fair and square.

the rest of us grimace and cross our fingers that you won't take us into america's arms.

jesus fucking christ! this is fucking abysmal.

boosterjuice, if you think that the conservatives are anymore fiscally responsible than ANYONE else, i think you'll soon find you're mistaken.

and since you live in alberta, here's a bonus for you:

get ready for ralph fucking klein to dismantle healthcare here as we know it. that fucking drunk's legacy will be that the rich stay healthy and the sick stay poor.

happy?

boosterjuice said:

What has kept the Conservatives out of power has been fear.
Basically, the Conservatives are not the monsters that the Liberals portray them as.

Once again that's hilarious given the "article" you posted earlier.

It was nothing but fear and painting liberals as a monster.

Axver said:

But my point is that the entire tone of your posting here reeks of bad taste, of you rubbing this victory in the face of the Liberal supporters here.

Hey, I'm not trying to rub anything in anyone's face. I hope my comments don't come across like that. However, I'm excited about the development in my country tonight and I was hoping to find like-minded individuals who share a similar view. If anything, I feel as though I have been a victim of harsh comments rather than a contributor.

Se7en said:
hey zoomerang, is your arm getting tired yet? are you goose-stepping? are you??/ ARE yOU???????????????

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEVER STOP!!!!!!!!

Axver said:

How, exactly, is this post in bad taste? Booster Juice was just trying to ascertain who else might have voted the way he/she voted, which isn't the way (seemingly) the majority of the posters here voted. So I can see why the liberal supporters are upset, but this wasn't a "nah nah nah we won, you suck" post.

Back
Top Bottom