The Bush administration's Top 40 Lies about War and Terrorism

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kobayashi

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
by Steve Perry
40) God told Bush to invade Iraq.

Not long after the September 11 attacks, neoconservative high priest Norman Podhoretz wrote: "One hears that Bush, who entered the White House without a clear sense of what he wanted to do there, now feels there was a purpose behind his election all along; as a born-again Christian, it is said, he believes he was chosen by God to eradicate the evil of terrorism from the world."

No, he really believes it, or so he would like us to think. The Palestinian prime minister, Mahmoud Abbas, told the Israeli newspaper Ha'aretz that Bush made the following pronouncement during a recent meeting between the two: "God told me to strike at al Qaeda and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East."

Oddly, it never got much play back home.

for the other 39 lies and what are said to be corroborating links (for about 3/4) go here.
the few links i checked seem pretty corroborating.

I'd never criticise Bush simply for the beliefs he has, but if he is seriously of the opinion that God is instructing his foreign policy then he's more insane than religious. Assuming the Palestinian PM wasn't misquoted, that is a very scary thing for Bush to say. :(

well it was fairly widely quoted based on my search. certainly doesnt appear in a lot of western publications but there are enough to suggest it is legit.

kobayashi said:
well it was fairly widely quoted based on my search. certainly doesnt appear in a lot of western publications but there are enough to suggest it is legit.

If it's true it somehow doesn't suprise me. IMO this man has embarassed America, the presidency, and Christianinty. I think he's warped and abused all three.

Back
Top Bottom