The Brit Goverment Bans Fox Hunting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the iron horse

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Goes into effect today.

So, you might be thinking this is a good idea, but please keep in mind that all governments have a truck load of good ideas on what should be banned next.

Are we so easily led into the Brave New World?

press>>>sing-a-long: We are the world...We are the children.....

Reasoning is nothing to do with shortage of foxes, they just don't approve of fox-hunting. I largely agree with Iron horse on this one.

Prince William wouldn't like the idea. I watched a TV biography on him, and he enjoys hunting. Me, I don't hunt, so I can care less. A victory for Hindus though.

Macfistowannabe said:
Prince William wouldn't like the idea. I watched a TV biography on him, and he enjoys hunting.

Yes, as do most of the British royal family.:wink:

About time...

I had a good laugh today watching the pompous windbags ranting in a Churchillian manner to their fellow huntsfolk about how they "would not yield" and all that shit.

And as for Bryan Ferry's son, yeesh, what a toff-nosed gimp.

What really disturbs me about all of this is the number of people who took to the streets to protest - on both sides of the debate. For fu**'s sake there are countless more pressing issues of infinitely greater import to get worked up about. I am British but its all been downhill since the end of the Empire I'm afraid! A nation of nuts.

I'm glad it was banned. When I lived in England for a few months, I read a lot about it, and why people were protesting. Essentially the fox is chased to exhaustion in CLOSED grounds (not really very sporting of you, chaps) and then torn apart by a pack of bigger, faster, stronger dogs. It's a step above bear-baiting. :down: I'm glad it's done with.

SD

im fine with that.

some rich guys will not be able to hunt... well thats just too bad isnt it?

foxes will get to live.. yeah thats terrible too!

This suits me just fine. Yeah, so what if some rich guys can't hunt, and Sherry, that's just appalling what they do to the foxes, yes, ban it.

This is excellent news!!! Fox hunting was done for sport only. If they doing it so they could eat it would be different ,but it is inhumane and sick to kill an animal just for sport and fun.

Back
Top Bottom