The Bigly 2016 US Presidential Election Thread, Part XV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I am no longer at all confident that Hillary will win the election.

I am. The media wants a horse race and is desperately pushing all narratives that reinforce that.

Latinos are voting in record numbers. African Americans, while not at Obama levels, are still voting at a higher percentage than the general population. Add in other minorities (Muslims, lgbt), women, Republicans who simply can't stomach Trump (and Republicans who are too afraid to publicly state that they can't stomach Trump), and Trump simply doesn't have the numbers among angry disillusioned white (primarily) men or anywhere near the ground game to pull this off, even with voter suppression shenanigans.

Breathe. :)

Also, I am no longer at all confident that Hillary will win the election.

I'm completely relaxed that she will win, but worried about the margin. Practically everybody had made up their minds before the nonsense of the last week. It's all noise at this stage.

The margin also worries me. I think it will be close, at most a difference of 5 percentage points. But Hillary will most likely do better in the electoral college.

Last edited:
I am. The media wants a horse race and is desperately pushing all narratives that reinforce that.

Latinos are voting in record numbers. African Americans, while not at Obama levels, are still voting at a higher percentage than the general population. Add in other minorities (Muslims, lgbt), women, Republicans who simply can't stomach Trump (and Republicans who are too afraid to publicly state that they can't stomach Trump), and Trump simply doesn't have the numbers among angry disillusioned white (primarily) men or anywhere near the ground game to pull this off, even with voter suppression shenanigans.

Breathe. :)

This.

Trump will not win
Latino Vote
Black Vote
Female Vote
Youth Vote (tho no one really wins here)

So where does he gain an advantage? He doesn't. He's going to lose, and probably lose big

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

A couple of thoughts on. The past couple of pages:

As a 2nd generation Mexican- American, it brings me joy to see the amazing Latino turnout in Nevada and Florida. This is what happens when you campaign on hate.

Yesterday while looking for the Beyoncé show, I watched a bit of MSNBC. They had a Princeton professor who has an election model, similar to Nate Silver's. His model is much more optimistic on a Hilary win. He said the reason for this is he believes the polls are more accurate right now than Nate Silver does. Nate Silver, as a result of primary season believes the polls understate Trump's numbers. I thought that was interesting.

That said, I'm confident Clinton will win.

Sent from my SM-G920V using U2 Interference mobile app

In the case of Trump's rally it seems like someone was having trouble raising a sign and someone yelled gun.

Hilarious that it was just a Republicans Against Trump sign. But now in the Trumposphere he's an assassination survivor.

On my local news, they just said someone yelled "GUN".

The Secret Service has procedures for such incidents and acted accordingly..

I think there was no gun.

Trump rushed off stage at campaign rally - CNNPolitics.com

Wow. So a Republican protestor was attacked at the rally, then basically framed for possessing a gun, had no charges filed against him, and the Trump camp hasn't done a thing to suggest that anything other than an assassination attempt occurred tonight?

I mean...I guess I'm not surprised.

Meanwhile, one of my friends on Facebook is complaining because in 1998 Hillary Clinton said she was a Yankees fan even though she's actually a Cubs fan, and recently switched back to supporting the latter team. I mean, priorities, right?

I always knew Hillary would be a sporting bandwagoner. :wink: She is so that type of person.

Of course Trump is not going to build a 3000 mile 200 foot tall wall on the border
What reasonable Americans want is a secured border where people cannot self select who comes to America without any documentation and the government knowing who they are.

The status quo is a disaster and people are dying. Obama and Hillary's open borders policy is a disaster, immigrants are being exploited it's unfair to them and working Americans that are having wages driven down by undocumented workers. The open porous border allows things like this to happen

Accused Austin serial predator has been deported to Mexico 5 times | KXAN.com

And it allows heroin and other illicit drugs to flood in and kill people .

I believe it's possible that if Trump got elected we would have a secured border with managed immigration for agricultural workers, etc, with documentation so they cannot be exploited. Without the cheap labor things would cost more but I would gladly pay it and hopefully wages would go up also . Hillary's plan for open borders and free immigration is a disaster for Americans and will only drive our standard of living down further.

Trump rushed off stage at campaign rally - CNNPolitics.com

Wow. So a Republican protestor was attacked at the rally, then basically framed for possessing a gun, had no charges filed against him, and the Trump camp hasn't done a thing to suggest that anything other than an assassination attempt occurred tonight?

I mean...I guess I'm not surprised.

Meanwhile, one of my friends on Facebook is complaining because in 1998 Hillary Clinton said she was a Yankees fan even though she's actually a Cubs fan, and recently switched back to supporting the latter team. I mean, priorities, right?

And god forbid you're a fan of a team from the opposing league.

Dan Scavino Jr., Trump's social media director, and Donald Trump Jr., the nominee's oldest son, retweeted Jack Posobiec, a supporter who wrote: "Hillary (Clinton) ran away from rain today. Trump is back on stage minutes after assassination attempt."
But the Secret Service statement made clear no weapon had been found. Neither has deleted the retweet.

Seconding that. If Trump loses on Tuesday, I just want him to go away, preferably somewhere where those of us who don't like him don't have to hear him spout his BS ever again. I REALLY don't want him to follow through on his, "I'll keep you in suspense" threat.

I've had to take a long hard look at this myself, as my sister recently passed away, likely due to the same batch you're referring to.

Just wanting to add my condolences on your loss. I'm so sorry :hug:.

Hillary's got this because the ladies have got this. I imagine Latino voters feel similarly.

Oregoropa, deep, all these other middle aged or older men have no clue how irritating it is to live in Trump's world if you are a woman. All the indignities over the years. He's going to take one for the team, fellas.

pussy_grabs_back.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom