The Bigly 2016 US Presidential Election Thread, Part XV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, if things keep proceeding as they look like they will, we'll definitely be in Brexit territory. Which isn't to say Trump will win, but that we'll be close enough that a small polling error (a la Brexit) could swing it.

How is any of this relevant when the opponent is an authoritarian with fascist, racist, and misogynistic views?

How is any of this relevant when the opponent is an authoritarian with fascist, racist, and misogynistic views?

What would be relevant? I'm legitimately curious - will you make up a theoretical situation in which she could be considered corrupt enough that it would warrant a conversation?

Because, to me -- and I am not saying Hilary Clinton definitely IS this candidate, but -- there is a theoretical candidate so calculatingly corrupt as to be ethically interchangeable with a loudmouthed, bigoted buffoon.

Last edited:
What would be relevant? I'm legitimately curious - will you make up a theoretical situation in which she could be considered corrupt enough that it would warrant a conversation?

Because, to me -- and I am not saying Hilary Clinton definitely IS this candidate, but -- there is a theoretical candidate so calculatingly corrupt as to be ethically interchangeable with a loudmouthed, bigoted buffoon.

For the love of God, will someone PLEASE tell me what the fuck has she actually done to warrant all this? I feel like I am going to slam my head into a fucking wall with this bullshit, fuck.

Hillary R. Clinton

Hillary Rodham Clinton served as U.S. Secretary of State from January 21, 2009 to February 1, 2013. The FBI conducted an investigation into allegations that classified information was improperly stored or transmitted on a personal e-mail server she used during her tenure.

https://vault.fbi.gov/hillary-r.-clinton

William J. Clinton Foundation

This initial release consists of material from the FBI's files related to the William J. Clinton Foundation, a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. The bulk of these records come from a 2001 FBI investigation into the pardon of Marc Rich (1934-2013), aka Marcell David Reich, by President Clinton in 2001; it was closed in 2005. The material is heavily redacted due to personal privacy protections and grand jury secrecy rules.

https://vault.fbi.gov/william-j.-clinton-foundation

Thank you for confirming what the post above mine, that was posted at the exact same time as mine, said. I guess we can take snopes at their word or wait and see if it plays out or not :sexywink:

Really? That's interesting....something must be up if that's all true :ohmy:

Here you go this one shouldn't offend anyone hopefully :wink:

Sounds like a feminine hygiene commercial

Mrs. Garrison. You are mastering shitposting with the greatest of ease.

This gave me a chuckle today

They need to do a retro version with Reagan dropping the boom on Mondale

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

:up:

Invested some shares into Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Nevada, and Colorado.
Trump will win Nevada and NC, but Colorado and Penn will be close. If Trump wins Penn, this will be a landslide. A beautiful night that will be.

Invested some shares into Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Nevada, and Colorado.
Trump will win Nevada and NC, but Colorado and Penn will be close. If Trump wins Penn, this will be a landslide. A beautiful night that will be.

And just like that a boy pissed away the last remnants of his integrity.

Thank you for confirming what the post above mine, that was posted at the exact same time as mine, said. I guess we can take snopes at their word or wait and see if it plays out or not :sexywink:

Or one could just use google. It took all but 30 seconds to see his post was bs. Even without snopes... Better use it now, word is Trump's second executive order is disabling google and all other such engines. They're all rigged.

Yeah, if things keep proceeding as they look like they will, we'll definitely be in Brexit territory. Which isn't to say Trump will win, but that we'll be close enough that a small polling error (a la Brexit) could swing it.

I think there's always a natural tightening, and the map is brutal for Trump, and she's still probably 4-6 points ahead. In a better spot than O was in '08 and '12. Plus early voting is well underway.

But ... but ... but ...

Amazing how our Trump friends are posting non-stop now.

Or should I say spewing absolute shit non-stop now.

I took a break after it seemed everybody was overly concerned with filling out their Social Justice Bingo Cards during the blow up surrounding the patriarchy argument of Huma-Weiner moment of late September.

We have been patiently waiting for the moment to reappear because when it comes to Hillary . . .

ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1478047762.020235.jpg

She's 3.5 points ahead if the election were held today according to FiveThirtyEight - almost a half point closer than the Obama-Romney margin. And if Trump can shave the gap to 2 points or less, he essentially will run away with enough states that he just needs to breakthrough in a single one of Clinton's where she currently has a "healthy" advantage. So, a near coin flip for Colorado or Michigan or Pennsylvania or Wisconsin, etc. - and just one will be enough.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/election-update-yes-donald-trump-has-a-path-to-victory/

As it stands right now, Trump trails in Nevada by .6 points, Colorado by 3.6 and New Hampshire by 4.1. Winning Nevada and either Colorado or New Hampshire will get him elected if he takes everywhere else where he's ahead in polling..

This is what that map looks like:

http://www.270towin.com/maps/lDdVG

Last edited:

A polling error does not swing it, the voters determine the outcome.

The Brexit vote was not right or wrong, it was just a correct reflection of the voters will. That polling was off, they always have a margin of error. This whole election cycle the polls have predicted wrong on Hillary assuming she would get more votes and with Trump, they have underestimated.

She's 3.5 points ahead if the election were held today according to FiveThirtyEight - almost a half point closer than the Obama-Romney margin. And if Trump can shave the gap to 2 points or less, he essentially will run away with enough states that he just needs to breakthrough in a single one of Clinton's where she currently has a "healthy" advantage. So, a near coin flip for Colorado or Michigan or Pennsylvania or Wisconsin, etc. - and just one will be enough.

Election Update: Yes, Donald Trump Has A Path To Victory | FiveThirtyEight

As it stands right now, Trump trails in Nevada by .6 points, Colorado by 3.6 and New Hampshire by 4.1. Winning Nevada and either Colorado or New Hampshire will get him elected if he takes everywhere else where he's ahead in polling..

This is what that map looks like:

2016 Presidential Election Interactive Map

I think that map could play out I still wonder if Trump can get 269 and win it in the States vote. We will all call him "Landslide Don" if that happens.

I took a break after it seemed everybody was overly concerned with filling out their Social Justice Bingo Cards during the blow up surrounding the patriarchy argument of Huma-Weiner moment of late September.

We have been patiently waiting for the moment to reappear because when it comes to Hillary . . .

View attachment 10951

Oh stop

You stopped posting when Trump started tanking like the Philadelphia 76ers, and came back at the first sign od trouble for the Clinton camp. As did most of the other supporters of that racist, authoritarian dick.

It's not like the rest of us didn't notice the silence.

Oh stop

You stopped posting when Trump started tanking like the Philadelphia 76ers, and came back at the first sign od trouble for the Clinton camp. As did most of the other supporters of that racist, authoritarian dick.

It's not like the rest of us didn't notice the silence.

The rest? What? All 6 of you left.
Some of us find better places to discuss issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom