The Bigly 2016 US Presidential Election Thread, Part XV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Timing must have everything to do with the e-mail leaks from the last couple days where people in them were literally talking about the lines being blurred between for-profit and non-profit activities involving the Clinton Fund...which should surprise nobody.

But, somehow, they'll probably make it through this scandal just like the other 135 - real or imagined. However, only her biggest cheerleaders will put their hands up over their ears and act like there weren't pay-to-play activities going on while she was Secretary. Not really what you want clouding your inauguration as you enter office with what will already be one of the lowest approval ratings ever to begin your Presidency.

:rolleyes: how did i ever guess that the first responses to this would be smug posts from peef and bmp?

Last edited:
Nothing more than political bullshit.

Not turning a blind eye, but it seems so coincidental that there's new emails less than 2 weeks out.

Sure there's still a surprise waiting for Trump too

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

i can see this latest development, without any news on the content of the emails themselves, being enough to have clinton toppled in the election.

:rolleyes: how did i ever guess that the first responses to this would be smug posts from peef and bmp?

Dave I know we are in a secret not-so-secret interference kerbal romance and your points are heard and observed, but bmpeef is not a thing and their collective smug are two different things.

Nothing more than political bullshit.

Not turning a blind eye, but it seems so coincidental that there's new emails less than 2 weeks out.

What are you on? It's been a constant drip of e-mails from WikiLeaks right around the time of Trump's Access Hollywood tape. Of course, the timing was meant to interfere with the election, but there's thousands upon thousands of e-mails so it takes forever to get through the ongoing deluge. It just so happens that we've now seen ones that actually raise a lot of questions about the foundation.

And this is only going to have repercussions as she becomes President. There's no way Trump is reversing like a 6 point disadvantage with two weeks to spare, especially after he bottomed out as early voting was already underway.

And why just call it "political bullshit"? The motivations for releasing the e-mails are certainly political and undoubtedly the work of Russian hackers, but do you not want this sort of damning information to come to light? This is exactly the sort of stuff the public should know about.

i can see this latest development, without any news on the content of the emails themselves, being enough to have clinton toppled in the election.

right, the biggest swing in american political history is going to happen in less than two weeks in favour of donald fucking trump over some emails.

jeeeezus we need a 500x500 size of that eye rolling smiley like never before for this thread this week.

What are the emails? Were they even from her? The FBI has yet to even determine if there's anything relevant.

What is going to be relevant? She did nothing illegal. Just a bullshit move by the head of the FBI.

let us keep in mind:

1. they have been discovered but not reviewed.

2. Comey had stated that the FBI had completed its review. once he learned that there were new emails that required examination, he had to notify Congress that he must amend his testimony because it was no longer true.

3. these emails were not sent by Clinton.

4. these emails were not sent from her private server nor were they ever withheld by Clinton or her people.

i, for one, am much more troubled by the WaPo "Bill Clinton, Inc" story than i am by these latest emails. one reveals a considerable degree of sleaze (as fretted about by Chelsea Clinton), the other is much ado about nothing.

What are the emails? Were they even from her? The FBI has yet to even determine if there's anything relevant.

What is going to be relevant? She did nothing illegal. Just a bullshit move by the head of the FBI.

The New York Times is reporting the emails have to do with Anthony Weiner's, um, weiner.

What a time to be alive.

It's definitely that or something else as irrelevant. Sources already said it's not related to the Clinton Foundation, etc. so it likely is something that has nothing to do with Hillary. A shame because the timing makes you think it was tied into the "Bill Clinton Inc." e-mails that came out recently and Trump was probably hoping for the same. :sad:

It's just going to continue tightening as I mentioned earlier and as the evidence has shown for the last couple of weeks. He doesn't have to humiliate himself on a debate stage over the next ten days so he will mostly close the gap due to Republicans coming back into his court when it comes to crunch time. I think he will narrow things to 4-5 points by the day of the election and it's possible that the actual results could be closer if the polls are a little off.

Electorally, I think we're talking about the difference between him shoring up a state like Arizona rather than losing it. He's not going to get close enough to really flip any big swing states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom