The Bigly 2016 US Presidential Election Thread, Part XV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously. For outsiders, apart from the intense religiosity of US politics (which has been comparatively absent this time around), healthcare is easily the most baffling aspect. The idea that somebody may even need to go into debt for routine treatments is incomprehensible, and the sky hasn't fallen either.

This. And guns, don't forget guns.

If there's one lie of Trumps that I hope actually turns out true...

that Hillary takes us to a single payer

The Democrats are trotting out people saying the increases are in line with the CBO projections, which seems like a really fucking bad strategy. "It's going to crush you financially, but it was supposed to so it's fine."

This. And guns, don't forget guns.

Most baffling thing to me is how aborting a two months old fetus conceived through rape is this awful murder that needs to be stopped at all costs and yet toddlers shooting each other or their parents with guns found in their mom's purse is just oh well, shit happens.

Most baffling thing to me is how aborting a two months old fetus conceived through rape is this awful murder that needs to be stopped at all costs and yet toddlers shooting each other or their parents with guns found in their mom's purse is just oh well, shit happens.

Abortion isn't a US standout, though. Not in the sense of guns and health insurance.

Abortion isn't a US standout, though. Not in the sense of guns and health insurance.

Abortion alone no, but calling abortion murder while supporting the extreme advocacy for a tool solely designed to murder?

It's the contradiction that I can't wrap my head around.

Abortion alone no, but calling abortion murder while supporting the extreme advocacy for a tool solely designed to murder?

It's the contradiction that I can't wrap my head around.
A woman didn't have sex out of wedlock to get that gun.

I really feel for the people who are seeing such dire increases. At the same time, I'm really happy that a lot of people can now have health coverage, where they weren't able to have it before.

Obviously, shit needs to get fixed, though.

Yeah, shit needs to get fixed. Its nice that lots of folks now have health insurance, but not so nice that I and others like me are footing the bill for that insurance. Horrible, horrible system.

Cvo1yzmWgAAiTOz.jpg

I'm now going to be disappointed if it turns out she did not literally cut his balls off.

Goddam. She held it together.

Newt is an evil man. He has been evil forever.

It's hard to take her seriously because she works for FOX, though. They are so much part of the problem. They helped put him where he was and ignored this shit for so long.

One of her kids is fucking named Thatcher, so I'm under no illusions that she's Good™.

But she seems to have a strong backbone and a moral compass and good on her.

Just don't search her name on twitter, it's a cesspool.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Yeah, on the night of the 2012 presidential election she was also the one who, after listening to Karl Rove keep insisting that Romney would win the election, asked him point blank,"Is this just math you do as a Republican to make yourself feel better?" :p.

She had a good ending line in this clip, too. "You can take your anger issues and spend some time working on them." Oh, snap.

Not even remotely surprised Gingrich would support Trump. They both talk over women, are dismissive of any opinion other than their own, arrogant enough to think they're right about everything, living in denial, treated their (multiple) wives like dirt and cheated on them... Two peas in a pod, really.

And I will forever love the sheer irony of Trump supporters harping on about how corrupt and dishonest Hillary is.

(Another thing about that clip that made me happy: the news that Iowa looks to be moving towards going blue on Election Day :).)

One of her kids is fucking named Thatcher, so I'm under no illusions that she's Good™.

Ahahaha. Does she also have a kid called Reagan?

Perhaps twins called Hayek and Friedman?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom