The Bigly 2016 US Presidential Election Thread, Part XV - Page 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-29-2016, 12:10 PM   #221
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb8844 View Post
The only reason I don't want that is because I'd rather Clinton not appear to have some overwhelming mandate.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

How else to shatter a party committed to suicidal obstructionism? A party that thinks it's totally fine to have only 8 members of SCOTUS?

If we want a functioning democracy that passes laws, we need to destroy the GOP at the polls, and then Mandela the shit out of the few survivors in the aftermath so that a politics close to that we knew in the 80s and 90s can once again emerge.

Old 10-29-2016, 12:14 PM   #222
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb8844 View Post
The only reason I don't want that is because I'd rather Clinton not appear to have some overwhelming mandate.

I don't think that will be the story after the election.

Everyone knows her opponent is a clown car in a dumpster fire.

Old 10-29-2016, 12:31 PM   #223
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
I think this is going to induce my eye rolling, and potentially more sympathy for HRC -- feels more and more desperate, and she looks more and more wrongly persecuted.

Especially because there's not a story here. It's just Republican spin. Of the most naked sort.

What's inducing your eye rolling?
Old 10-29-2016, 12:31 PM   #224
Blue Crack Distributor

Additionally, any rational thinking Republican should be praying for Trump to get dismantled. Again... nobody is going to believe Clinton has a mandate. Even in a dominating electoral victory she might not get over 50% of the popular. Thats no mandate.

Trump being close to winning means he's not going away.

It'll embolden the "it's rigged" crowd, and the Republican party as we know it will be the Trump party for the immediate future (if it doesn't just split in two)

Trump getting toasted will allow the more rational side of the Republican party to take back control.
Old 10-29-2016, 12:34 PM   #225
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
The issue with this letter from the FBI is that it has no teeth. He readily admit that the emails might be much ado about nothing, but releases the letter 12 days before the election, anyways.

It gives the appearance of a poitically calculated move, even if it isn't.

If there's something there, they should run with it now. Otherwise shut up.
Old 10-29-2016, 12:36 PM   #226
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
The issue with this letter from the FBI is that it has no teeth. He readily admit that the emails might be much ado about nothing, but releases the letter 12 days before the election, anyways.

It gives the appearance of a poitically calculated move, even if it isn't.

If there's something there, they should run with it now. Otherwise shut up.

Oh. I mean, as always I want to hand half the eye rolling to the media. They're loving the use of the term "October Surprise." They want this to be bigger than it is. They have to keep Clinton's landslide in check. Call it an election today and they lose money.
Old 10-29-2016, 01:00 PM   #227
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post

This nonstory about any sort of "reopening."

On a Friday. So the distortion can last all weekend, and sink in, as news staff will be slow to update the story.
Old 10-29-2016, 01:44 PM   #228
Blue Crack Addict

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate..._mistakes.html
Old 10-29-2016, 05:04 PM   #229
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:17 PM
Democrats should ask Hillary Clinton to step aside - Chicago Tribune
Old 10-29-2016, 06:06 PM   #230
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 08:17 PM

Wow, with such breathless, why-wait-for-the-facts reporting, I can tell this guy's a serious investigative journalist.
Old 10-29-2016, 06:15 PM   #231
Blue Crack Addict

There are more legit reasons for Hillary to step aside than there were reasons for Trump to do so, when newspapers, the media and people in here were calling on him to step aside.
Old 10-29-2016, 07:08 PM   #232
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:17 PM
Wow, no matter where you go on the internet, the righties are making the same, amazingly misguided points.
Old 10-29-2016, 08:01 PM   #233
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
There are more legit reasons for Hillary to step aside than there were reasons for Trump to do so, when newspapers, the media and people in here were calling on him to step aside.
Old 10-29-2016, 09:25 PM   #234
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:47 PM
I'm stunned the election is as soon as it is. Feels like this will still go on for another 3 years.

So longwinded I'm surprised to see the result is actually well in sight.
Old 10-29-2016, 10:38 PM   #235
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Huma Abedin Swore Under Oath She Gave Up ‘All the Devices’ With State Dept. Emails
The FBI found emails pertinent to its Clinton investigation, reportedly on a computer from her aide’s home. That doesn’t jibe with she told lawyers this summer.
M.L. NESTEL
JACKIE KUCINICH
10.29.16 12:27 PM ET
In a normal election year, a normal candidate’s close aide who caused even minor embarrassment to a campaign so near to Election Day would be whisked away as quickly as possible to avoid becoming a distraction.
But Huma Abedin is not simply a close aide, she’s a critical member of Hillary Clinton’s tiny inner circle that protects and — at times — enables the deeply flawed and secretive Democratic nominee.
So despite FBI Director James Comey’s announcement that the bureau is reviewing emails from Abedin’s time at the State Department reportedly found on a laptop she shared with her soon-to-be ex-husband Anthony Weiner (confiscated as a part of the FBI’s investigation into allegations he sexted with a 15-year-old North Carolina girl), the campaign made clear on Saturday that she’s not going anywhere.

John Podesta, the chairman of the Clinton campaign, told reporters on a conference call that Abedin had been nothing but cooperative with investigators and sat for hours of depositions last summer as part of the civil lawsuit filed by Judicial Watch.
"There's nothing that she's done that we think calls into question anything that she's done with respect to this investigation… we fully stand behind her," Podesta said.
But the new information that the FBI found State Department-related email on her home laptop also calls into question whether Abedin in fact turned over all of the devices she used to send and receive email while working at State.

On June 28, 2016, Abedin said under oath in a sworn deposition that she looked for all devices that she thought contained government work on them so the records could be given to the State Department. (These records were subsequently reviewed by the FBI.)
“How did you go about searching for what records you may have in your possession to be returned to the State Department?” Attorney Ramona Cotca for Judicial Watch asked her.
“I looked for all the devices that may have any of my State Department work on it and returned — returned — gave them to my attorneys for them to review for all relevant documents. And gave them devices and paper,” Abedin answered.
not good
Old 10-29-2016, 10:48 PM   #236
45:33

Local Time: 01:17 PM
I thought I had posted this already but there seems to be a tendency in here to dismiss everything negative about Hillary with a wave of the hand. I get she has a lot of supporters in here but from what I've read there's a lot of legitimate criticisms that deserve a little bit more scrutiny than "oh a politician is tied up with money what a surprise" or "oh a politician controls her campaign tightly what a surprise".

I certainly don't buy into the whole "she's potentially more dangerous than Trump" crap but it's a bit disappointing to see people waving all this stuff away. I suspect were she running against a candidate who wasn't fucking insane there'd be a lot more scrutiny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
I'm stunned the election is as soon as it is. Feels like this will still go on for another 3 years.

So longwinded I'm surprised to see the result is actually well in sight.
so true. Election Day is gonna be so entertaining.
Old 10-29-2016, 10:53 PM   #237
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
I thought I had posted this already but there seems to be a tendency in here to dismiss everything negative about Hillary with a wave of the hand. I get she has a lot of supporters in here but from what I've read there's a lot of legitimate criticisms that deserve a little bit more scrutiny than "oh a politician is tied up with money what a surprise" or "oh a politician controls her campaign tightly what a surprise".

I certainly don't buy into the whole "she's potentially more dangerous than Trump" crap but it's a bit disappointing to see people waving all this stuff away. I suspect were she running against a candidate who wasn't fucking insane there'd be a lot more scrutiny.

so true. Election Day is gonna be so entertaining.
Thanks for giving me hope that there are people that post in here that are capable of objective critical thinking.
Old 10-29-2016, 11:00 PM   #238
45:33

Local Time: 01:17 PM
Ease up tiger. You clearly aren't

Old 10-29-2016, 11:07 PM   #239
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 08:17 PM
The Bigly 2016 US Presidential Election Thread, Part XV

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post

Because mishandling a few emails is worse than being a sexual predator.
Old 10-29-2016, 11:08 PM   #240
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
Well yeah, since she's running against a fascist this stuff just isn't relevant right now.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog