The Bigly 2016 US Presidential Election Thread, Part XV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CNN said on Monday that the network has severed ties with the Democratic strategist Donna Brazile, after hacked emails showed that she shared questions for CNN-sponsored candidate events with friends on Hillary Clinton’s campaign.

Ms. Brazile, a veteran political analyst for the network, had temporarily left CNN in July when she became interim chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee. CNN said that it accepted her formal resignation on Oct. 14.

“We are completely uncomfortable with what we have learned about her interactions with the Clinton campaign while she was a CNN contributor,” said Lauren Pratapas, a network spokeswoman.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/01/us/politics/donna-brazile-wikileaks-cnn.html?_r=0

the first DNC chair had to step down the first night of the convention for leaking to Hillary, so what happens, the replacement does the same, these people are corrupt

why would anyone believe them, just because they are not Donald Trump, not good enough

I am stressed about this.

Intellectually, my mind says she's ahead in the states she needs to be ahead in, her path to victory is much broader than her opponent's very narrow one, and she is much more likely to win.

But my stomach is in knots over the prospect of the unthinkable happening.

I just want the next week to be over with. I can't take much more of this.

it things like that, (barking dog)
and the candidate she was in 2008 that make me wish I could support her this time around, but she and her inner circle have done too many ethical questionable things

ethics should be black and white, with the Clintions you get black and anything that is not midnight black, they call only dark gray, therefore not illegal

Maybe Trump is screaming "rigged" because he already rigged the election and that way Clinton will sound like Trump if she claims it when wins and she will have no credibility.

Maybe.

Intellectually, my mind says she's ahead in the states she needs to be ahead in, her path to victory is much broader than her opponent's very narrow one, and she is much more likely to win.

My thoughts exactly. Please, let this week fly by.

I am truly sorry you are stressed out,

The Clinton supporters are sure Trump and his people will drag this country back into the dark ages

the Trump supporters are sure Hillary will destroy what is left of what was once a great country

one thing I am fairly sure about, there will be no mandate for anyone, and the winner will face a fierce and hostile opposition, I believe if Trump wins the opposition will be more volatile and dangerous

Whoever wins, I'm going out and getting hammered once the election is over regardless. The only thing that will change is the reason why I'm drinking.

The end of this election cycle is something to celebrate. May the next one not be such an embarrassment.

Last edited:
I'm not really stressed at all. Clinton is still going to easily win this thing. This is par for the course during the last week.

That's how I feel.

Plus, I moved to the UK. So in the event of disaster, I already left.

Granted, they already had their Trump moment here.

Whoever wins, I'm going out and getting hammered once the election is over regardless. The only thing that will change is the reason why I'm drinking.

The end of this election cycle is something to celebrate. May the next one not be such an embarrassment.

They need to do something to shorten the election cycles. I feel like these two-year-long presidential cycles combined with the way the media covers them are becoming too much for the country to handle. The cycles didn't used to be this long until the last few.

America's Uncle "Joe Biden", finds out the source of the emails.

No matter who you are, this is one of the funniest clips of the season.

https://youtu.be/lYAVnd2nwAY

I propose we all post our own 270towin electoral maps by midnight Tuesday 11/8 to see who is closest.

As always.

Fuck Ted Cruz

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

They need to do something to shorten the election cycles. I feel like these two-year-long presidential cycles combined with the way the media covers them are becoming too much for the country to handle. The cycles didn't used to be this long until the last few.

If anything, it's only going to get worse. We are going to end up with another do-nothing Congress and both parties trying to blame the other for the political stagnation going into 2020.

I mean, why confirm a Supreme Court Justice when we can stall for 4 years and get our own guy in?

I mean, why confirm a Supreme Court Justice when we can stall for 4 years and get our own guy in?

This is truly appalling behaviour by the Republicans and they deserve nothing less but the most radical leftist justice who is no older than 50 and a vegan so that they'll live forever.

You gotta give it to the Russians. If their goal in supporting Trump was undermining trust in US institutions - and this American democracy and its standing in the world - the operation is a remarkable success. Whichever way this election goes.

Even if Hillary wins this, global opinion on the US is now completely shot to hell. The larger her victory, the more wounds that will be patched up, but the damage is still pretty severe.

And if the fascist wins, well, forget any authority you think you have, America.

Maybe Trump is screaming "rigged" because he already rigged the election and that way Clinton will sound like Trump if she claims it when wins and she will have no credibility.

Maybe.

It'll be like the time Sideshow Bob rigged the election.

That's how I feel.

Plus, I moved to the UK. So in the event of disaster, I already left.

Granted, they already had their Trump moment here.

And Theresa May is extremely awful.

You gotta give it to the Russians. If their goal in supporting Trump was undermining trust in US institutions - and this American democracy and its standing in the world - the operation is a remarkable success. Whichever way this election goes.

If this Russian involvement turns out to be true, then I can't help but laugh, because this is exactly what the US has been doing for decades.

Even if Hillary wins this, global opinion on the US is now completely shot to hell. The larger her victory, the more wounds that will be patched up, but the damage is still pretty severe.

And if the fascist wins, well, forget any authority you think you have, America.

But the domestic problem is worse. The eroding trust in institutions will stay on, with all the talk of "rigged". Look at how the FBI is now losing trust and becoming a political target of democrats and republicans. These are all signs of a decaying democratic culture.

On the topic of comments/jokes it'd be REALLY nice to not see more of...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/north-carolina-senator-takes-back-001520479.html

North Carolina Sen. Richard Burr was captured in leaked audio obtained by CNN implying a picture of Hillary Clinton's face should be used for target practice.

Burr made the comment while visiting a gun shop and with a crowd of Second Amendment supporters. He apparently noticed a magazine about rifles with Clinton's face on the cover.

"I was a little bit shocked at that — it didn't have a bullseye on it," Burr said to the crowd.

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump made a similar remark in August when he implied advocates of the Second Amendment could shoot Clinton to stop her from appointing Supreme Court justices with anti-gun rights agendas.

Signs with bullseye marks affixed over Clinton's face have been seen at Trump's campaign rallies in recent days.

I don't know if people actually think this shit is cute or funny, but they'd be very wrong in either case.

A new era of Pax Australialis ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom