Terrorism or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you think this was an act of terror?

• Yes

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • No

Votes: 29 85.3%
  • Maybe, I'll wait and see.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • It's a conspiracy and inside job by the Bush Administration to scare us.

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
BonoVoxSupastar said:
:huh:

I like to wait for facts instead of calling every fire or explosion an act of terrorism.

Exactly! That looked more like a faulty equipment leak/explosion to me.

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Oh wait. Nevermind.

_40832909_chertoff1_ap203b.jpg

Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said he had a "gut feeling". :shrug:

Nevermind found this via Google:

- In August 1989, three people died near Gramercy Park as a result of a steam explosion. She writes of the 1989 incident:

The cause of that explosion, like many others, was a phenomenon known as 'water hammer,' which results from the condensation of water inside a steam pipe. In this case, steam personnel had allowed water to accumulate in a pipe they had turned off for service; when the steam valve was reopened the 400-degree steam hit the relatively cool water, with explosive results.

unico said:
didn't something similar happen in georgetown some years back? :hmm: i remember there were some problems with old pipes before.

unico,

you're prolly right, i think we're all skitish in this day and age it seems..

dbs

diamond said:

unico,

you're prolly right, i think we're all skitish in this day and age it seems..

dbs

Not all are skittish, Diamond. There's a gas pipe leaking on the James Ruse exit of the M4. Would I be an idiot for starting a thread with a handydandy buzzword like terror?

Why is this even a poll?

Youtube comments piss me off more than just about anything in the entire world. Good grief, it seems like the website somehow magnetically attracts idiots. This will sound silly, but when reading them I sometimes think to myself "man, I really didn't know there were this many losers in the world."

It's scary.

My office building is literally on that corner, spanning Lexington 42nd-41st. Luckily I left the city on a 5pm bus home to Boston, but they evacuated the building and lots of my coworkers were left without personal items such as cells and keys and are worried about asbestos exposure. The building's closed tomorrow and I'd bet Friday too.

Angela Harlem said:

Not all are skittish, Diamond. There's a gas pipe leaking on the James Ruse exit of the M4. Would I be an idiot for starting a thread with a handydandy buzzword like terror?

Why is this even a poll?

There's a poll because as a premium member it affords me that blessing.

And that's the fair dinkum, hoping this spares me a terrible earbashing.

dbs

diamond said:

There's a poll because as a premium member it affords me that blessing.

And that's the fair dinkum, hoping this spares me a terrible earbashing.

dbs

Your being premium and able to start polls doesn't answer the question. Why is this topic poll worthy? It's a non-issue to essentially everyone it seems.

PS The fair dinkum needs to be followed by something, diamond. It's the fair dinkum truth, or something is fair dinkum bullshit.
:wink:

Varitek said:
My office building is literally on that corner, spanning Lexington 42nd-41st. Luckily I left the city on a 5pm bus home to Boston, but they evacuated the building and lots of my coworkers were left without personal items such as cells and keys and are worried about asbestos exposure. The building's closed tomorrow and I'd bet Friday too.

whoa, we work very close to each other! my office building's closed today, too. when it first happened, all we heard was an incredibly loud rumbling sound, and then we saw plumes of smoke (which turned out to be steam). we immediately thought it was some sort of explosion/attack, and ran for the fire exits. quite scary, but thankfully not nearly as bad as it could have been....

Angela Harlem said:

Your being premium and able to start polls doesn't answer the question. Why is this topic poll worthy? It's a non-issue to essentially everyone it seems.

PS The fair dinkum needs to be followed by something, diamond. It's the fair dinkum truth, or something is fair dinkum bullshit.
:wink:

onky dory then:angry:

shart1780 said:
Youtube comments piss me off more than just about anything in the entire world. Good grief, it seems like the website somehow magnetically attracts idiots. This will sound silly, but when reading them I sometimes think to myself "man, I really didn't know there were this many losers in the world."

It's scary.

So let me get this straight. You find it funny for someone to say about Bono "Id break his fucking heart by murdering his family in front of him." , but "youtube comments piss you off more than just about anything in the entire world"? :huh:

Back
Top Bottom